The Dragon Gate thread

JLM

8/9/2007 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall~PERFECT TREASURE1. 3 Way Tag Match: Ken45, Go{W} (11:51 Black Stone) Mototsugu Shimizu, Yuki Sato; Bear Fukuda, CHANGO{L}2. TARU (2:34 Lariat) Billy Oyanagei (Kinya Oyanagei)3. Katsuhiko Nakajima (10:57 German Suplex Hold) Naoki Tanisaki4. Milanito Collection a.t., Naomichi Marufuji{W}, Antonio Honda (18:49 Shiranui) Masaki Okimoto{L}, Dickmoto, Yuji Hinomoto5. Unit Dismissal Match: Shuji Kondo (20:27 King Kong Lariat) Yasushi Tsujimoto6. UWA 6 Man Tag Titles: Takuya Sugawara, Brahman Shu{W}, Brahman Kei (16:28 Zombie King) Touru Owashi, KAGETORA, Herculess Oosenga{L}Director Kawabata opened the show by greeting fans. He said it was a long, hard road back to Korakuen. He thanked fans for coming, and promised that the 4 units would show the highest match.Oyanagei parodied Billy Blanks and his infamous Billys' Boot Camp. TARU dispatched him easily and told him to consider going serious. TARU went to leave, but Yousuke Aoki interrupted him. Aoki sold all of his special seats for the show, but didn't have a match. He appealed for TARU to wrestle him since he was a big name. TARU quickly took care of him with a Lariat of his own. King Pocota appeared, and TARU quickly OK'd him with a TARU Driller. TARU had some harsh words for Dorado, it's wrestlers and the fans afterwards.The NFW unit will now have to dissolve. Okimoto protested, and went on to remove his mask, revealing his identity. Seems they may not be dissolving just yet.After the main event, which included a large amount of black mist from the Brahman twins, Sugawara again said the power of Hell Demons was on display. He went on to say they would take the titles and defend them wherever they pleased, because Dorado wasn't good enough. Bear Fukuda intruded and ran them off with a Lariat, but Director Kawabata hit him with a chair. He said Sugawara has proved himself, and thus was now the center of El Dorado. He said he was free to take the titles wherever he wanted. Owashi returned the favor by giving him a Nodowa. He and Fukuda resolved to gain revenge.

20 Minutes of Kondo/Tsujimoto should do very nicely indeed, shame Nakajima/Tanisaki only went 10 though.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From DG USA

Caballera contra Mascara: Dragon Kid, Anthony W. Mori{W} (10:16 Elegant Magic) Gamma{L}, Kinta Tomoaka

Open the Dream Gate: CIMA (27:31 Crossfire) Taku Iwasa

*V1 for CIMA

All of MO'z was out for the Hair vs. Mask. It looked like Kinta could have cut the pinfall, but he made no attempt to. Gamma tried to escape after losing, but President Okamura and Typhoon members captured him and brought him back to get his haircut.

Good marks for the main event thus far, on all reports.

• 1 month later...

^^Somebody make a Kondo In El Dorado & AJPW comp ;)

DG USA

Dragon Gate DRAGON STORM 2007 22/9 Ota-ku Gym card

1. Dragon Kid, Anthony W. Mori, & PAC vs. Magnitude Kishiwada, Genki Horiguchi, & Dr. Muscle

2. Open the Owarai Gate: "Hollywood" Stalker Ichikawa vs. Kiku-taro

3. Open the Brave Gate title match: Yasushi Kanda vs. Masato Yoshino

4. Gamma vs. Kinta Tamaoka

5. International Jr. Tag Titles match: Ryo Saito & Susumu Yokosuka vs. Taku Iwasa & Ken'ichiro Arai

6. Open the Triangle Gate tag titles match: Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii, & K-ness vs. Shingo Takagi, Cyber Kong, & Kota Ibushi

7. Open the Dream Gate title match: CIMA vs. Naruki Doi

Hopeing this might be a ppv. X wasn't BXB but Ibushi, from the little i've seen of him i've been impressed.

The other news is K-ness has injured his leg and DG will send another team after the GHC Jr. Tag Titles on NOAHs' 9/29 Great Voyage 07 in Osaka. Ricky Marvin and Kotaro Suzuki will defend against a yet to be decided DG team.

• 3 weeks later...

3 matches announced for the upcoming Korakuen show hopefully they'll show the majority of the matches on Infinity because they look very tasty indeed

10/12/2007 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall-Shingo Takagi vs. Masaaki Mochizuki-Hulk & YAMATO Return Match: BxB Hulk, YAMATO vs. CIMA, Dragon Kid-IJ Tag & Open the Twin Gate Unification Match: Taku Iwasa, Keni'chiro Arai vs. Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino

Ahh, Iwasa was never going to take it, but seeing him in a close, 25 minute plus main event against CIMA is still awesome. Can't wait for the match to come out.

Apparently less than 10 minutes of 27:31 was shown.

Via Happy Gate, the schedules for December and January are now available. Looks like King of Gate will kick off in Sapporo. More interesting is that January is made up of mainly WrestleJAM dates. Whether this means there will be no July version in 2008, or it is now a more than an annual event isn't known.

Looking forward to seeing the Suzuki/Marvin v Doi/Genki match from Noah.

• 2 weeks later...

CreditDGUSA

10/12/2007 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall1. Yasushi Kanda, K-ness, Don Fujii, Jorge Rivera{W} (18:34 Jorge Special) CIMA, Susumu Yokosuka, Anthony W. Mori, PAC{L}2. Yuki Ono Rebirth Series #5: Super Shenlong (5:39 DQ for Mask Attack) Yuki Ono3. Genki Horiguchi, Magnitude Kishiwada{W} (14:07 Diving Body Press) Cyber Kong, m.c.KZ{L}4. BxB Hulk, YAMATO{W} (15:34 Gallaria) Ryo Saito, Dragon Kid{L}5. Shingo Takagi (14:20 Last Falconry) Masaaki Mochizuki6. Open the Twin Gate/IJ Tag Unification: Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino (30:44 Muscular Bomb) Taku Iwasa, Keni'chiro Arai{L}*DoiYoshi become the 1st Twin Gate, 15th IJ Tag ChampionsKatsuo went directly after Shenlongs' mask, attempting to reveal his identity as Japanese, not Chinese. Stalker came out after the match. It was decided that at StoIchi Bom ba Ye 2, there would be a Ono vs. Shenlong Hair vs. Mask match.As expected, Shingo challenged CIMA for the Dream Gate, and it was accepted for 11/25 Osaka. :thumbsup: MO'z chose to not to unite with Typhoon for CIMAs' "Big Plan". Doi said MO'z would be dissolving today, and wanted to shake hands with DKid. Kid naturally believed him, and as always, it was a trick. Kid was beaten up. NH and Typhoon both nominated teams to challenge the Twin Gate. It was decided that Hulk and YAMATO will face RyoSuka for the #1 contenders. Both NH and Typhoon also seemed to hint at a betrayer, much like back in April when Kong and Hulk left their units. Anthony and Kong were looked at as the leading candidates....

I really can't wait to see the Twin Gate, 30 minutes of those 2 teams sounds fantastic. Not quite to sure what CIMAs' Big Plan is all about if anyone can fill me in.And this, for me is by far the most intriguing match of the year

10/26/2007 Hiroshima, Hiroshima Green Arena-Cyber Kong vs. Kensuke Sasaki

I really can't wait to see the Twin Gate, 30 minutes of those 2 teams sounds fantastic. Not quite to sure what CIMAs' Big Plan is all about if anyone can fill me in.

I think CIMA'S big plan is just to have one big super faction, unless i've missed something

And this, for me is by far the most intriguing match of the year

10/26/2007 Hiroshima, Hiroshima Green Arena-Cyber Kong vs. Kensuke Sasaki

Not just a squash then?08 Oct 2007 Dragon Gate - 10/8 GATE OF VICTORY2. Open the Owarai Gate 3 Way Match: CIMA (8:29 Schwein) Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa{L}; K-ness*Stalker failed to receive Audience Approval, he fails in V8, CIMA becomes the 2nd Champion

• 2 weeks later...

This hasn't been updated in a few weeks.From http://dgusa.puroresufan.com/21 Oct 2007 Dragon Gate - 10/21 GATE OF VICTORY, MO'z Bombshells 1 and 2CIMA (1:21 Headlock) Hollywood Stalker IchikawaCIMA (5:58 Schwein) Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa3. Shingo Takagi, Cyber Kong{W} (13:07 Cyber Bomb) Genki Horiguchi{L}, Magnitude Kishiwada4. Naruki Doi{W}, Masato Yoshino (16:56 Bakatare Sliding Kick with Chair) Dragon Kid, Anthony W. Mori{L}5. Open the Twin Gate Unified Tag Title Next Challenger Decision: Ryo Saito{W}, Susumu Yokosuka (19:13 Premium Bridge) BxB Hulk, YAMATO{L}6. Naruki Doi, Gamma{W}, Masato Yoshino (4:21 Gamma Special) Kinta Tamaoka{L}, Takayuki Yagi, Tatsunori Ohya

As you can see by the results, bombshell #1 is the return of Gamma. He intruded after the main, and initially aligned with Typhoon, giving CIMA a firm handshake. He betrayed him almost straight away, of course. Then, all of MO'z suddenly turned on Kinta, banishing him! The other referees came to his aid, along with the entire Mushozoku army. Gamma demanded a 6 man with the 3 referees, while Doi suggested Kanda for ref since he was the only one left with ref experience. The 2nd bombshell came when Kanda hit Kinta with a blue box, and allowed Gamma to pin him. Kanda has also joined MO'z, finally joining a unit. Gamma challenged CIMA for the Dream Gate, MO'z having gone as far as to steal a challenger key for him. Shingo took great exception to this, and immediately stormed out. A decision match between the 2 was decided for Korakuen. K-ness also formally challenged for the Brave Gate.1 bombshell remains for Korakuen, and Doi promised it would rattle all units.

Upcoming matches11/7/2007 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall-Open the Dream Gate Next Challenger Decision: Shingo Takagi vs. Gamma11/18/2007 Fukuoka, Hakata Star Lanes-Open the Brave Gate: Masato Yoshino vs. K-ness-Hakata Style 3 Way Match: Typhoon~CIMA, Ryo Saito, Dragon Kid vs. Muscle Outlaw'z~Naruki Doi, Gamma, Magnitude Kishiwada vs. NEW HAZARD~Shingo Takagi, BxB Hulk, Cyber Kong11/25/2007 Osaka, Osaka Prefectural Gym Main Stadium-Open the Twin Gate Unified Tag Titles: Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino vs. Ryo Saito, Susumu Yokosuka-Open the Dream Gate: CIMA vs. 11/7 Winner

The King of Gate 2007 participants were revealed.There will be a total of 16 participants, with 15 announced today.Typhoon will have full native representation, with CIMA, Ryo, Kid, Susumu, and Mori involved. New Hazard will have Shingo, Hulk, and Kong. MO'z will have Doi, Yoshino, Kanda, and Gamma. Araken is the lone Tozawajuku rep, due to Iwasas' injury. Mochi and Fujii round out the DG trueborns. Like last year, an outsider will also participate. This year, it is Austin Aries....

11/7/2007 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall1. BxB Hulk, YAMATO, Cyber Kong{W} (LR Style Cyber Bomb) Magnitude Kishiwada, Arik Cannon, Dr. Muscle{L}2. Jorge Rivera (Cradle) Akira Tozawa2b. Jorge Rivera (Jorge Special) Akira Tozawa2c. Jorge Rivera (Jorge Special) Akira Tozawa3. Masaaki Mochizuki{W}, K-ness, Don Fujii (Twister 2) Keni'chiro Arai, Super Shisa, Lupin Matsutani{L}4. Susumu Yokosuka{W}, Anthony W. Mori (Pinfall) Naruki Doi{L}, Masato Yoshino5. CIMA, Ryo Saito, Dragon Kid (DQ for Ref Assault) Yasushi Kanda, Genki Horiguchi, Kenzo Suzuki6. Open the Dream Gate Next Challenger Decision: Shingo Takagi (Last Falconry) GammaCertainly out of left field, bombshell #3 is former NJPW, WWE, Hustle, and AAA "star" Kenzo Suzuki. Doi had him come out to Moris' theme to trick Typhoon. Muscle assaulted Kid after the DQ, removing the ropes. Kid vs. Kenzo was decided for Osaka. Before that, Kenzo will have his first DG singles match in Hakata, vs. Araken.Elsewhere, it was another typical night for Tozawa. He lost within seconds and continued to appeal for a rematch, until Jorge just left the ring.The main was naturally a mess, with MO'z chicanery all over the place. Shingo still managed to come through, and then promised to overthrow CIMA in Osaka.Another match made out of today was the long awaited Kong/Kishiwada singles match.11/18/2007 Fukuoka, Hakata Star Lanes-Keni'chiro Arai vs. Kenzo Suzuki-Open the Brave Gate: Masato Yoshino vs. K-ness-Hakata Style 3 Way Match: Typhoon~CIMA, Ryo Saito, Dragon Kid vs. Muscle Outlaw'z~Naruki Doi, Gamma, Magnitude Kishiwada vs. NEW HAZARD~Shingo Takagi, BxB Hulk, Cyber Kong11/25/2007 Osaka, Osaka Prefectural Gym Main Stadium-Magnitude Kishiwada vs. Cyber Kong-Kenzo Suzuki vs. Dragon Kid-Open the Twin Gate Unified Tag Titles: Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino vs. Ryo Saito, Susumu Yokosuka-Open the Dream Gate: CIMA vs. Shingo Takagi

Kenzo is definately not what i was expecting. I hope to god Osaka is a PPV so these matches don't get the usual butchering.Also

Doi and Yoshino will make their second attempt on Kotaro Suzuki and Ricky Marvins' GHC Jr. tag titles on NOAHs' 11/24 Sapporo Media Park Spica show. It is the day before the GATE OF DESTINY in Osaka, so DoiYoshi could be 3 crown tag champions going into their match with RyoSuka.

Yoshino could have a whle lot of gold if they win this.

Certainly out of left field, bombshell #3 is former NJPW, WWE, Hustle, and AAA "star" Kenzo Suzuki. Doi had him come out to Moris' theme to trick Typhoon. Muscle assaulted Kid after the DQ, removing the ropes. Kid vs. Kenzo was decided for Osaka. Before that, Kenzo will have his first DG singles match in Hakata, vs. Araken.Elsewhere, it was another typical night for Tozawa. He lost within seconds and continued to appeal for a rematch, until Jorge just left the ring.The main was naturally a mess, with MO'z chicanery all over the place. Shingo still managed to come through, and then promised to overthrow CIMA in Osaka.Another match made out of today was the long awaited Kong/Kishiwada singles match.11/18/2007 Fukuoka, Hakata Star Lanes-Keni'chiro Arai vs. Kenzo Suzuki-Open the Brave Gate: Masato Yoshino vs. K-ness-Hakata Style 3 Way Match: Typhoon~CIMA, Ryo Saito, Dragon Kid vs. Muscle Outlaw'z~Naruki Doi, Gamma, Magnitude Kishiwada vs. NEW HAZARD~Shingo Takagi, BxB Hulk, Cyber Kong11/25/2007 Osaka, Osaka Prefectural Gym Main Stadium-Magnitude Kishiwada vs. Cyber Kong-Kenzo Suzuki vs. Dragon Kid-Open the Twin Gate Unified Tag Titles: Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino vs. Ryo Saito, Susumu Yokosuka-Open the Dream Gate: CIMA vs. Shingo Takagi

Kenzo is definately not what i was expecting. I hope to god Osaka is a PPV so these matches don't get the usual butchering.

I've been watching Suzuki in AAA from this year and he's improved a little and is bloody entertaining, as well as being completely crazy.I hope they use his music as well :D

Doi and Yoshino will make their second attempt on Kotaro Suzuki and Ricky Marvins' GHC Jr. tag titles on NOAHs' 11/24 Sapporo Media Park Spica show. It is the day before the GATE OF DESTINY in Osaka, so DoiYoshi could be 3 crown tag champions going into their match with RyoSuka.

Yoshino could have a whle lot of gold if they win this.

I think this will be the win, it would be crazy to let them lose twice in a row.Roll on 2008 defences~~~~

• Paid Members

Holy crap I'm missing out on some great stuff at the minute. I'm still in 2006 with my viewing, I'm not even up to the Liger goodness yet and now I see Shingo vs CIMA is happening this month. Also, Gamma/Kanda/NOSAWA challenging for the triangle gate at the same Osaka show. What an amazing rudo tag team that is. Can't wait to see all of this. In other news, check out the new sig. :cool: Might as well post the latest DGUSA update:

09 Nov 2007 Dragon Gate - 11/9 StoIchi Bom Ba Ye 211/9/2007 Tokyo, Shinjuku FACE~StoIchi Bom Ba Ye 25-1. 3 Question Quiz: Naoshi Sano (3-0)Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa1. Yasu Urano, Mineo Fujita{W} (12:26 KHM-shiki Downburst) m.c.KZ{L}, Lupin Matsutani2. Mascara contra Caballera: Katsuo (10:54 Pinfall) Super Shenlong3. Naruki Doi{W}, Masato Yoshino, Yasushi Kanda, Genki Horiguchi (13:01 Bakatare Sliding Kick) CIMA, Don Fujii, Kikutaro, Lingerie Mutoh{L}5-2. Sumo Wrestling: Stalker Ichikawa (Sumo Throw) Naoshi Sano4. Ryo Saito, Susumu Yokosuka{W} (15:32 Mugen) Arik Cannon{L}, NOSAWA Rongai5-3. Lights Out Death Match: Naoshi Sano (8:42 Firebird Splash?) Hollywood Stalker IchikawaShenlong was revealed to be Shinobu of 666 and BJW fame (surprise!). He announced his participation in DG was over, but was stopped by YAMATO. He was invited to NEW HAZARD, and he accepted.Gamma appealed for a Triangle Gate match in Osaka, and will get it. He will team with Kanda and ... NOSAWA Rongai.....The final of the 3 main event falls was done under complete darkness. Mochi was the original referee of record, but after an unfortunate accident involving Lupins' pistol, Araken took over. Araken lost his glasses, so Sano took advantage of his blindness to fake a Firebird Splash for the win.Stalker and DG members will be participating on the 12/13 DEEP show.

Where can I get that Stalker Ichikawa DVD?

If your on about the show above it will be one of the next infinity's, keep an eye out for it at DGUSA then contact your local trader or do that torrent thingy

Holy crap I'm missing out on some great stuff at the minute. I'm still in 2006 with my viewing, I'm not even up to the Liger goodness yet and now I see Shingo vs CIMA is happening this month. Also, Gamma/Kanda/NOSAWA challenging for the triangle gate at the same Osaka show. What an amazing rudo tag team that is. Can't wait to see all of this. In other news, check out the new sig. :cool: Might as well post the latest DGUSA update:

09 Nov 2007 Dragon Gate - 11/9 StoIchi Bom Ba Ye 211/9/2007 Tokyo, Shinjuku FACE~StoIchi Bom Ba Ye 25-1. 3 Question Quiz: Naoshi Sano (3-0)Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa1. Yasu Urano, Mineo Fujita{W} (12:26 KHM-shiki Downburst) m.c.KZ{L}, Lupin Matsutani2. Mascara contra Caballera: Katsuo (10:54 Pinfall) Super Shenlong3. Naruki Doi{W}, Masato Yoshino, Yasushi Kanda, Genki Horiguchi (13:01 Bakatare Sliding Kick) CIMA, Don Fujii, Kikutaro, Lingerie Mutoh{L}5-2. Sumo Wrestling: Stalker Ichikawa (Sumo Throw) Naoshi Sano4. Ryo Saito, Susumu Yokosuka{W} (15:32 Mugen) Arik Cannon{L}, NOSAWA Rongai5-3. Lights Out Death Match: Naoshi Sano (8:42 Firebird Splash?) Hollywood Stalker IchikawaShenlong was revealed to be Shinobu of 666 and BJW fame (surprise!). He announced his participation in DG was over, but was stopped by YAMATO. He was invited to NEW HAZARD, and he accepted.Gamma appealed for a Triangle Gate match in Osaka, and will get it. He will team with Kanda and ... NOSAWA Rongai.....The final of the 3 main event falls was done under complete darkness. Mochi was the original referee of record, but after an unfortunate accident involving Lupins' pistol, Araken took over. Araken lost his glasses, so Sano took advantage of his blindness to fake a Firebird Splash for the win.Stalker and DG members will be participating on the 12/13 DEEP show.

I think they'll hold off Shingo's win, i personally think CIMA should hold untill World then drop it but that's a long way off.The Stalker show looks funGreat sig :thumbsup:

Archived