The Dragon Gate thread

JLM

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'll put this in spoiler tags, just in case. The big show was today, here are results...

25 Mar 2007 Dragon Gate - MEMORIAL GATE 3/25/2007 Mie, Tsu City Gym1. BxB Hulk, Dragon Kid{W}, Anthony W. Mori, Atsushi Aoki (Ultra Hurricanrana) Akira Tozawa, Taku Iwasa, Keni'chiro Arai{L}, Yuki Ono2. Yasushi Kanda, Kintaro Kanemura{W} (Blast Yama Special) Magnitude Kishiwada, Kengo Takai{L}3. Open the Brave Gate: Genki Horiguchi (Red Dokukiri->Beach Break) Matt Sydal*Sydal fails in V2, Genki becomes the 5th Champion4. Stalker Ichikawa Z Bosou 10 Match Series #1: Jun Akiyama (Namiko Towel Throw->TKO) Stalker Ichikawa Z5. Masaaki Mochizuki (Shin Saikyou High Kick) Cyber Kong6. Open the Triangle Gate: Ryo Saito, Susumu Yokosuka{W}, CIMA (Jumbo no Kachi!gatame) Naruki Doi{L}, Masato Yoshino, Gamma*MO'z fail in V4, Typhoon become the 11th Champions7. Open the Dream Gate: Jushin Thunder Lyger (Vertical Drop Brainbuster) Don Fujii*Fuji fails in V2, Lyger becomes the 7th Champion

Bombcar-san, Dokukiri is what exactly?

Red Mist.
Nope - "dokugiri" (which is how it's pronounced) means "poison mist". I've not seen it enough times to really know, but I don't think the colours make much of a difference in Japan like it does in WWE, so they don't tend to differentiate.

• Paid Members

Arent the the different colours of mist supposed to do different things?

Yes, but as I said, I don't know if that extends to the Japanese side, even though we pretty much know that it does in WWE and WCW.Green - temporarily blindsRed - blinds for longer, possibly knocks outBlack - blinds by damaging eyesRainbow - makes you homosexual (according to somebody rather funny on here)According to Moj, all Japanese people have a gland secreting poison mist, and I can tell you now categorically, as someone whose friends are mostly Japanese, and who has worked with Japanese people on a regular basis for the past two years, that it's completely and utterly true.

• 1 month later...

This has been a great read so far(i'm up to page 12)it's been good catching up.Does anyone know where i can find a complete list of every Vamoami, Infinity and PPV's between Jan 2004(Vamoami 64#) to the beginning of this year?I've tried DGUSA, Slambamjam, Wrestlingdvd.com, purodvd.com & highspots all of which have shows missing. Really i'm after a full list of shows between Jan 04 to the start of Dragon Gate but a whole list would come in handy

• 3 weeks later...

Couldn't let this go unmentioned...

Fresh off his debut in the US, Stalker has decided to change his ringname again. From here on he will be known as "Hollywood" Stalker Ichikawa.Also while in America, a new title concept was thought up. The Open the Comedy Gate (abbreviated to O2G, for Open the Owarai Gate). Naturally Stalker is the first champion. He is promising something big at World, possibly over the name Hollywood....

Superb.

Fresh off his debut in the US, Stalker has decided to change his ringname again. From here on he will be known as "Hollywood" Stalker Ichikawa.Also while in America, a new title concept was thought up. The Open the Comedy Gate (abbreviated to O2G, for Open the Owarai Gate). Naturally Stalker is the first champion. He is promising something big at World, possibly over the name Hollywood....

Superb.
Read about this yesterday i think, the first challenger's Fuji. On a different note can't they come up with better names for the belts? not including the above. They also look hideous

Superb.
Read about this yesterday i think, the first challenger's Fuji. On a different note can't they come up with better names for the belts? not including the above. They also look hideous
Whaaaaaat? I like the unique championship names. Also, the high concept physical belts are a great touch. Having an actual gate on the Dream Gate, with Keys that you collect as you defeat challengers...And the plate on the Brave Gate being made up as the tournament went on, with the winner adding the pieces he took from the others in the tourney. I can only imagine that the Comedy Gate is going to have a Joke A Day Calender installed in the centre, and everytime you beat a challenger you get to tear a day off. Once you've gott through them all, you get to change Don Fuji's ring name.

Superb.
Whaaaaaat? I like the unique championship names. Also, the high concept physical belts are a great touch. Having an actual gate on the Dream Gate, with Keys that you collect as you defeat challengers...And the plate on the Brave Gate being made up as the tournament went on, with the winner adding the pieces he took from the others in the tourney. I can only imagine that the Comedy Gate is going to have a Joke A Day Calender installed in the centre, and everytime you beat a challenger you get to tear a day off. Once you've gott through them all, you get to change Don Fuji's ring name.
Mmm just seems a little naff. Maybe i'll change my mine when i see them live or something. Reading about the key matches just sounded totally round the twist. I'm either going to love them or totally hate them.

• 2 weeks later...

Sad news

Raimu Mishima announced on Thursday that he would retiring from wrestling due to injury problems first with a hernia surgery in April and a head injury that he suffered in training last month. Mishima had started up with Kensuke Office earlier this year but is forced to retire too early.

The world line up

1/7/2007 Hyogo, Kobe World Hall

0. 10 Man Tag Featuring Those Not on Main Show

1. Akira Tozawa, Taku Iwasa vs. YAMATO, Jack Evans

2. Don Fujii vs. Tetsuhiro Kuroda (Apache Pro Wrestling Gumi)

3. Anthony W. Mori, Dragon Kid vs. Gamma, Kinta Tomoaka

4. Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa Bosou 10 Match Series: Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa vs. Yuji Nagata (New Japan)

5. Open the Brave Gate: Genki Horiguchi vs. Yasushi Kanda

6. IJ Tag Titles:Ryo Saito, Susumu Yokosuka vs. Jado, Gedo (New Japan)

7. Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Koji Kanemoto (New Japan)

8. Open the Triangle Gate: Shingo Takagi, BxB Hulk, Cyber Kong vs. Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino, Magnitude Kishiwada

9. Open the Dream Gate: CIMA vs. Jushin Thunder Lyger (New Japan)

The New Japan involvement excites me a lot. Koji/Mochi i can't wait for and i know there's a lot of CIMA haters(I'm not one of them)but i also can't wait for the ODG title match. The card looks pretty good to me.

Archived