The Dragon Gate thread

JLM

• Paid Members

004.jpgAnybody interested in the above DVD "Stalker Ichikawa : The World's Most Weakest Counter Attack"?

Actually, it says "StoIchi Bombaye: Counter-Attack of the World's Weakest Wrestler".

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm awfully out of touch with dragon gate at the moment, could anyone list all the major factions and who's in them prety please?

• Paid Members

Barrington! This latest DG interest revival had better be a good one.

In other news, I haven't posted in a while because I'm foolishly partaking of this 'gainful employment' lark, and I'm also without Broadband for the time being at my new residence.. However, on days when my boss isn't in the office, I will be posting again.

I have money now, so a catch-up order is in the pipeline. Big thanks to awesome gwailo for his generosity also.

The El Dorado split with the four top players being made unit leaders is one of their more interesting developments in recent times, though I'm not sure if splitting YASSHI and Kondo is the best move for them. Still, whatever T-shirts the YASSHI stable end up wearing will soon be at the top of my want list.

EDIT: Regarding Johnnysaintfan's question, DGUSA player data pages are reasonably up to date at the moment as far as I'm aware: http://dgusa.puroresufan.com/dg.html

I have money now, so a catch-up order is in the pipeline. Big thanks to awesome gwailo for his generosity also.

Ah, they arrived then. Enjoy. :D

I'll put this in spoiler tags, just in case. The big show was today, here are results...

25 Mar 2007 Dragon Gate - MEMORIAL GATE 3/25/2007 Mie, Tsu City Gym1. BxB Hulk, Dragon Kid{W}, Anthony W. Mori, Atsushi Aoki (Ultra Hurricanrana) Akira Tozawa, Taku Iwasa, Keni'chiro Arai{L}, Yuki Ono2. Yasushi Kanda, Kintaro Kanemura{W} (Blast Yama Special) Magnitude Kishiwada, Kengo Takai{L}3. Open the Brave Gate: Genki Horiguchi (Red Dokukiri->Beach Break) Matt Sydal*Sydal fails in V2, Genki becomes the 5th Champion4. Stalker Ichikawa Z Bosou 10 Match Series #1: Jun Akiyama (Namiko Towel Throw->TKO) Stalker Ichikawa Z5. Masaaki Mochizuki (Shin Saikyou High Kick) Cyber Kong6. Open the Triangle Gate: Ryo Saito, Susumu Yokosuka{W}, CIMA (Jumbo no Kachi!gatame) Naruki Doi{L}, Masato Yoshino, Gamma*MO'z fail in V4, Typhoon become the 11th Champions7. Open the Dream Gate: Jushin Thunder Lyger (Vertical Drop Brainbuster) Don Fujii*Fuji fails in V2, Lyger becomes the 7th Champion

Bombcar-san, Dokukiri is what exactly?

I'll put this in spoiler tags, just in case. The big show was today, here are results...

25 Mar 2007 Dragon Gate - MEMORIAL GATE 3/25/2007 Mie, Tsu City Gym1. BxB Hulk, Dragon Kid{W}, Anthony W. Mori, Atsushi Aoki (Ultra Hurricanrana) Akira Tozawa, Taku Iwasa, Keni'chiro Arai{L}, Yuki Ono2. Yasushi Kanda, Kintaro Kanemura{W} (Blast Yama Special) Magnitude Kishiwada, Kengo Takai{L}3. Open the Brave Gate: Genki Horiguchi (Red Dokukiri->Beach Break) Matt Sydal*Sydal fails in V2, Genki becomes the 5th Champion4. Stalker Ichikawa Z Bosou 10 Match Series #1: Jun Akiyama (Namiko Towel Throw->TKO) Stalker Ichikawa Z5. Masaaki Mochizuki (Shin Saikyou High Kick) Cyber Kong6. Open the Triangle Gate: Ryo Saito, Susumu Yokosuka{W}, CIMA (Jumbo no Kachi!gatame) Naruki Doi{L}, Masato Yoshino, Gamma*MO'z fail in V4, Typhoon become the 11th Champions7. Open the Dream Gate: Jushin Thunder Lyger (Vertical Drop Brainbuster) Don Fujii*Fuji fails in V2, Lyger becomes the 7th Champion

Bombcar-san, Dokukiri is what exactly?

Red Mist.

Watched some OLD SCHOOL! Toryumon today, when men were men and beat each other with sticks and stuff, yes, i look back misty eyed at that long forgotten year of.......2000.I blow the dust from a tape labeled July 2000, stick it in the VCR and press play....YASUSHI KANDA, MASAAKI MOCHIZUKI, SUSUMU MOCHIZUKI v CIMA, SUMO "DANDY" FUJI, STALKER ICHIKAWAM2K MOTHERFUCKERS! No ring intros so i miss-out on the effortless ease at which M2K ride to the ring with their M2K RUDO SCOOTERS! Stalker and Maasaki start off and Maasaki laughs heartily at Stalkers pathetic attempts to outwit him before kicking Stalker into next week. M2K don't do comedy!!Kanda and Fuji trade shoulder barges and it is ON! Susumu and CIMA beat on each other a bit and Stalker jabs Maasaski in the arse and boot scrapes him, Maasaki tires of this, makes Stalker eat a BRAINBUSTAAA, rips off his mask, dumps him outside the ring and SUSUMU DELIVERS A PILEDRIVER TO THE CONCRETE!!! M2K make coma victims of opponements.M2K triple team on Fuji for a while and throw in some chokes and swank moves before going for the ARROGANCE PIN, Kanda then starts mocking CIMA by holding out Fuji's hand for the hot tag before snatching it away again, M2K laugh even more heartily whilst CIMA dies a little inside.More seamless triple teaming, eye rakes and arrogant pins but M2K can't put Fuji away, Fuji busts out a back suplex and makes the HOT TAG to CIMA, Susumu eats a superkick before Kanda smashes the THE BLUE BOX!! over the head of CIMA and the beat down continues.Kanda throws some nifty suplexes Fuji's way and hits THE FLYING ELBOW..1.....2.....Stalker makes the save!! After selling that earlier piledriver for 10 minutes he makes the heroic save and the crowd are in jubilant joy!! A spinning DDT nearly puts Susumu away and the crowd are HOT!! The ref is distracted and Stalker gets assaulted by Kanda with the blue box yet again!!Susumu hits the Yokosuka Cutter and places 1 foot over the lifeless body of Stalker. 1...2....3.....M2K ease to another victory!!After the match, Stalker gets stripped of his mask again and M2K pose for pictures with a maskless Stalker.This match has everything you love about wrestling, it has the Moch kicking people, it has Susumu throwing lariats and looking effortlessly cool doing everything, it has MOTHERFUCKING KANDA throwing exploders and flying elbows like it's 1999.1 Bazillion stars.The tape ends and i note after that this is the main event, i have no further plans to review this tape or even watch anything else on this card.* Note that my love of anything Susumu and "Moch" related to where it gets to the point that i have dreams of the postman delivering me a Yokosuka Jacket on a scooter may have affected the actual review and true quality of this match to the extent where i spew out a 3rd rate DVDVR Playaz type-review.I don't apologise for this.M2K MOTHAFUCKERS!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this on DGUSA:-

-Dragon Gate Maximum Weakest 3 Way: Hair vs. Mask vs. Divorce:Akira Tozawa vs. Dr. Muscle vs. Stalker IchikawaThe penalties for losing the 3 way are, Tozawa will lose his hair, Muscle loses his mask, Ichikawa loses his wife.

:omg:

This could prove interesting

CIMA has hinted that someone will betray MO'z at Korakuen

Doi is now promising that someone from Typhoon will betray them at Korakuen

The DG & DDT show is coming up and it looks pretty good

4/18/2007 Tokyo. Shinjuku FACE~DDG-Dramatic Dream Gate1. Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino, Genki Horiguchi vs. Masa Takanashi, Daichi Kakimoto, Seiya Morohashi2. Stalker Ichikawa Z, Don Fujii vs. Sanshiro Takagi, Gorgeous Matsuno3. 3 Way Tag Match: Taku Iwasa, Keni'chiro Arai vs. Muscle Sekai, Antonio The Dragon Honda vs. Poison Sawada JULIE, X4. BxB Hulk vs. Kota Iibushi5. CIMA vs. Danshoku Dino6. Ryo Saito, Susumu Yokosuka, Anthony W. Mori vs. HARASHIMA, MIKAMI, KUDO

The last 3 matches look awesomecredit DGUSA

The big news out of the event however, is the official resignation of Magnum TOKYO. This really shouldn't come as a shock to anyone who has been paying attention over the last few months. Magu apparently was in poor health, in addition to his eye injury from August, so he was considering retirement. In the end, it was decided that he would resign. He is looking at his future as a blank page.crdedit DGUSA

The big news out of the event however, is the official resignation of Magnum TOKYO. This really shouldn't come as a shock to anyone who has been paying attention over the last few months. Magu apparently was in poor health, in addition to his eye injury from August, so he was considering retirement. In the end, it was decided that he would resign. He is looking at his future as a blank page.crdedit DGUSA

I wonder where he'll wrestle (if he's able to) in the future...Also, isn't BxB Hulk Magnum's protege? Does Magnum's leaving DG impact his status, I wonder? Liger's clearly interested in him, so I wonder whether BxB's exit to New Japan may be hastened by this news.

Archived