The Dragon Gate thread

JLM

• Paid Members
:laugh: It works on so many levels. At least two anyway.Oh, and to answer stylesclash's question re: DVDs...If you're not fussed about following DG month to month in a current affairs kind of way, get some 2005 shows. The brave gate ppv in March was good, King of Gate finals were good, and the summer TV block with the BloodGen vs DF matches is an essential purchase. Best TV of the year by far. This one:

Infinity #23, 7/3~7/121. Tozawa Trial Series, #10 (7/3)Keni'chiro Arai vs. Tozawa2. Open the Triangle Gate (7/8)CIMA, Naruki Doi, Don Fujii vs. Ryo Saito, Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi3. Open the Triangle Gate (7/9)Ryo Saito, Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi vs. CIMA, Naruki Doi, Don Fujii4. Open the Triangle GateRyo Saito, Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi vs. CIMA, Naruki Doi, Don Fujii5. BxB Hulk vs. Don Fujii (7/12)6. Open the Triangle GateCIMA, Magnitude Kishiwada, Masato Yoshino vs. Ryo Saito, Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers for all that info JLM :thumbsup: It's kind of how i figured it. I'll probably get round to trying the other stuff once i've watched the masses of AJPW and NJPW i've acquired this week.

Oh, and by all accounts the King of Gate final was a cracking match. My torrents have fucked up and thus I'm behind on my viewing. If you do download the shows and fancy putting them on the Gzone I'd be most grateful. ;)

If it's as good as you say it might be, i may well get round to doing that.

• Paid Members

Cheers. I saw that was on the DVDR matches board... what's your source for Infinity 55 and 56? It sickens me that I'm a member of an excellent puro tracker, have a great ratio but can't get my god damn torrents working any more. :(

• Paid Members

Cheers. I saw that was on the DVDR matches board... what's your source for Infinity 55 and 56? It sickens me that I'm a member of an excellent puro tracker, have a great ratio but can't get my god damn torrents working any more. :(

Puro tracker? PM me pweeze with the URL. :D

Dragon Gate and DDT Pro Wrestling announced a joint venture called DDG today.The first event will feature CIMA vs. Danshoku Dino and a tag with Fujii/Stalker vs. Sanshiro Takagi/Gorgeous Matsuno.4/18/2007 Tokyo, Shinjuku FACE ~DDG Dramatic Dream Gate~-CIMA vs. Danshoku Dino-Don Fujii, Stalker Ichikawa Z vs. Sanhiro Takagi, Gorgeous MatsunoDDT Participation Players: MIKAMI, HARASHIMA, Poison Sawada JULIE, KUDO, Daichi Kakimoto, Muscle Sekai, Kota Iibushi, Seiya Morohashi, Masa Takanashi, Antonio HondaDragon Gate Participation Players: Susumu Yokosuka, Ryo Saito, BxB Hulk, Anthony W. Mori, Taku Iwasa, Keni'chiro Arai, Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino, Genki Horiguchicredit DGUSA

As long as Susumu & Kota hook up I'll be very happy, and CIMA/Dino oh my, Dino's gonna love getting himself some of CIMA :laugh:

Infitity is the TV show. It's one hour forty plus ad breaks and airs either every fortnight or month (can't remember which). The matches are heavily clipped, but it moves at a cracking pace because of the sheer amount of stuff they have to fit in.I watched Infinity 55 the other day, which covers the King of Gate tournament (1st & 2nd rounds from tour shows, then the semis and final from the pay-per-view), dissolution of some units and ends with a fucking blinding Muscle Outlawz vs. Pos. Hearts match for the Open the Triangle Gate titles. I'm currently converting 57 to DVD for viewing over breakfast tomorrow.EDIT: I skipped 56 as it's just a cutdown version of the rubbish November PPV.

Just started watching the latest Infitity which covers the Mochizuki produced show, of course I went straight to Dino/Tozawa :p, and I wasn't disapointed, extremely entertaining match IMO (but then I seem to enjoy the majority of Dino's matches :unsure:) anyway this needs to be seen just for Tozawa's facials as Dino molests him. Edit: this makes me very happy indeed

3/13/2007 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall1. Tozawa-juku vs. Otokojuku #2: Akira Tozawa, Taku Iwasa vs. Danshoku Dino, Muscle Sekai

Yeah, I've just watched #57 too. I marked hard for the Golden Harvest logo and Project A~! music.

For me, the Tozawa/Dino match was match of the show. The rest was pretty poor with the DoFixer tag in particular being the shizzling drits.

Full review soon.

Watched the rest now, I thought the Kaientai DX/CIMA/Sydal/BxB was probaly the best match on the show, once it got going it turned into a cracking match, BxB was really good again, he selling is friggin brilliant for someone who's been wrestling for 2 years. I thought the Hardcore Tag match was pretty good as well. The MO'Z 6 man was enjoyable just for Gamma mistaking Doi for Kakimoto on a few occasions. The rest was nothing really worth watching a secong time round, especially the main event which I thought was dissapointing considering who was involved

Hey Guys new to the ukff and a fan of DG/TORYUMON/EL DORADO heres something interesting anyway.

SUWA will be holding his final performance in Japan on 3/11 at Korakuen Hall. The card was announced, sort of. More interesting than the 5 matches full of Xs' is that CIMA and Fujii both asked SUWA if they could come to participate. SUWA responded by saying he didn't expect this. He was ambiguous, but invited them to bring their ring gear, and it that it might get interesting.3/11/2007 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall1. X vs. X2. X vs. X3. X, X vs. X, X4. X, X, X vs. X, X, X5. SUWA vs. X

Quite Interesting with CIMA and Fuji could we see a crazy max reunion and maybe his last match being with either KENTA or Dragon Kid

1. X vs. X2. X vs. X3. X, X vs. X, X4.CIMA, Don Fuji, TARU vs. X, X, X5. SUWA vs. Dragon Kid/KENTAHeres a lil idea I be first in line for a Crazy MAX reunion for one night

:)

So, Typhoon. I may be a whole fucking year behind (that KoG 2005 final ROCKED! :D), but from what I have seen on DGUSA I really ain't feeling it.CIMA, Susumu and Ryo in the same faction for one. CIMA is the ace of the company (Don Fujii just happens to hold the Dream Gate), and is going to be seen as such. Susumu and Ryo alongside CIMA isn't going to benefit either of them in terms of their standing on the roster.Typhoon is almost as crowded as Muscle Outlaws too. CIMA, Susumu and Ryo for three. Then throw in Dragon Kid, Mori and Hulk, plus Evans and Sydal when they are over there. It may lead to a lot of combinations in tag matches and various other elimination style matches, but a lot of guys will get lost in the shuffle. Susumu and Kid are particularly at risk, at least Ryo has a natural feud with Genki going on.Two factions with loads of members, or a traditional set-up of numerous factions? I know what I would prefer. Then the question is how to split the large factions effectively. I'm guessing (and hoping) Shingo and Doi align permanently (and away from Typhoon and MoZ) for starters.

Archived