What would you do in a real life Zombie crisis?

LaGoosh

• Paid Members

This thread should be pinned just so when then inevitable happens people can quickly read up on it before the power gets shut off and can form a survival plan.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a classic topic :D Just to address a point raised earlier about the zombies travelling to the mainland by the Channel Tunnel: the French would probably set an army up at the other end and shoot anything that moves, which rules out the possibility of zombies or survivors getting through.Also, the possibility of using flight to escape is out of the question as any surviving pilots would have fucked off to Barbados or somewhere by now. I don' t think the chances of being able to sail anything big enough to cross the channel are very good.Personally, I would try to get to my car, using homemade, low-impact explosives made from spirits and fireworks and a baseball bat and large knife. If it wasn't possible to get ot my car as my house was surrounded by zombies who have smelt my flesh from miles around, I would take a ladder and scale the rooftops on my terrace until I got past the hoarde of zombies who were specifically after me until I could find a car that I could hotwire. I would drive that until i found a more suitable vehical, such as a Land Rover or cherry picker. I would search for a weapons shop, such as a martial arts shop or a hardware store. I would try anywhere where I think there might be survivors before gathering foods from a supermarket by charging through the shop front and scooping food into my vehical. I would then drive, slowly if necessary (to conserve fuel) to the hills, where I could chill out in my vehical until the zombies are all starved.The hospital idea isn't so good because it is probably one of the first places that would be overtaken by zombies. The morgue is the first obvious source of zombies, and then the immobilised patients would be easy pickings for the zombies. Unless you could clear the hospital of the zombies, it would be a deathtrap.

This is a classic topic :D Just to address a point raised earlier about the zombies travelling to the mainland by the Channel Tunnel: the French would probably set an army up at the other end and shoot anything that moves, which rules out the possibility of zombies or survivors getting through.Also, the possibility of using flight to escape is out of the question as any surviving pilots would have fucked off to Barbados or somewhere by now. I don' t think the chances of being able to sail anything big enough to cross the channel are very good.Personally, I would try to get to my car, using homemade, low-impact explosives made from spirits and fireworks and a baseball bat and large knife. If it wasn't possible to get ot my car as my house was surrounded by zombies who have smelt my flesh from miles around, I would take a ladder and scale the rooftops on my terrace until I got past the hoarde of zombies who were specifically after me until I could find a car that I could hotwire. I would drive that until i found a more suitable vehical, such as a Land Rover or cherry picker. I would search for a weapons shop, such as a martial arts shop or a hardware store. I would try anywhere where I think there might be survivors before gathering foods from a supermarket by charging through the shop front and scooping food into my vehical. I would then drive, slowly if necessary (to conserve fuel) to the hills, where I could chill out in my vehical until the zombies are all starved.The hospital idea isn't so good because it is probably one of the first places that would be overtaken by zombies. The morgue is the first obvious source of zombies, and then the immobilised patients would be easy pickings for the zombies. Unless you could clear the hospital of the zombies, it would be a deathtrap.

Name one thing the French army would be capable of shooting. Just doesn't exist, my friend.

The hospital idea isn't so good because it is probably one of the first places that would be overtaken by zombies. The morgue is the first obvious source of zombies, and then the immobilised patients would be easy pickings for the zombies. Unless you could clear the hospital of the zombies, it would be a deathtrap

Trust me, we spent a whole weekend discussing this. The hospital is a small one, half of it is completley empty (has been for years) and the other 'new' half is mainly for elderly recovering from operations. There is a moruge, but its a small room round the back that is sealed with a huge metal door, so the zombies in there would be easily contained and disposed of if needed. The patients at the hospital, if zombified are very ill anyway so would'nt be able to get out of bed. The hospital is in an open ground area surrounded by fields one end and woods the other. The town is a good 2 miles away. So it woudl take any zombies a while to walk there and we would see them coming anyway. Becuase we know the place so well, we know where we could rally survivours and keep people alive and where all the food, first aid is stored. Plus buildng barriers at each gate would easily block off the hospital completly to any zombies that do make it out that far. Any that come through the fields we would see coming and would be easily kiled. So once in we could quite easily make the whole grounds ours and if needed could survive there for years on the local nature.

• Paid Members

Your plan is good but has some problems.Firstly you have to know already how to hot-wire a car(you might, but I'm guessing that like most people you don't).Explosives might be good but there is no garantuee they will actually destroy the zombies brain. It might hit the ground, blow their legs off and then they will just continue to drag themselves towards you. And the sound will no doubt attract more of them.You search for a weapons or hardware store might hvae to lead you into a highly zombie populated area which'll make it very difficult to stop and pick up some things.And zombies don't starve. None of their major organs except the brain works. The eat, but the food they eat doesn't actually go into their system, they eat purely by instinct...eg. if you blew a whole through a zombies stomach so that he had no stomach left he would continue to eat, because the brain tells the zombie to eat and if the zombie isn't even digesting it then it wouldn't starve.The only hope for people waiting it out is to wait for decades for the zombie to completely rot and decompose so their is nothing left.

And zombies don't starve. None of their major organs except the brain works. The eat, but the food they eat doesn't actually go into their system, they eat purely by instinct...eg. if you blew a whole through a zombies stomach so that he had no stomach left he would continue to eat, because the brain tells the zombie to eat and if the zombie isn't even digesting it then it wouldn't starve.

That is some repugnant shit.

• Paid Members

And zombies don't starve. None of their major organs except the brain works. The eat, but the food they eat doesn't actually go into their system, they eat purely by instinct...eg. if you blew a whole through a zombies stomach so that he had no stomach left he would continue to eat, because the brain tells the zombie to eat and if the zombie isn't even digesting it then it wouldn't starve.

How about you explain why instead of just saying one thing and making yourself look like a cock.

How about you explain why instead of just saying one thing and making yourself look like a cock.
I think she was just quoting Pulp Fiction. :(It's scary to think none of us but Goosh know what to do if zombies did attack us. :/ Edited by Miss Cellaneous

• Paid Members

I think she was just quoting Pulp Fiction. :(It's scary to think none of us but Goosh know what to do if zombies did attack us. :/
Oh, I thought she was just saying I was talking shit. And I got pissed off because this thread is just a bit of fun and I didn't want it to be ended by some flame war crap.Anyways back on topic: Even though I know pretty much what to do, I'm pretty sure I'd eventually be killed anyway, if it got to a level 4 crisis...then I'd rather be dead.The thing is if the outbreak was just in Britian we would be quarrantined(like in 28 Days Later) and probably all major cities would be nuked.

Guest Elisar Cabrera

Has anyone seen HOUSE OF THE DEAD? Zombies are fast runners in that one but they do seem much more stoppable than RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD zombies which are officially the deadliest zombies around.

• Paid Members

Has anyone seen HOUSE OF THE DEAD? Zombies are fast runners in that one but they do seem much more stoppable than RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD zombies which are officially the deadliest zombies around.

Is that the movie where the zombies can talk and act just like normal humans?Because that film sucks balls.

I just won a copy of this book on Ebay so I think ill be fine when it gets here ;) I had a thought at work earlier about this and I reckon the safest bet is gypo's if you think about it they're always on the move and would know a thing or two about "survival" and would more easily know some iceolated safe spots.so I reckon a House on Wheels is the best bet.