Eddie Guerrero

Guest Nigel Law

Please do elaborate, because I'm totally at a loss to explain how you arrived at such a conclusion from that statement.

Well I do have more thats led me to that conclusion than that but I don't like saying stuff on an open forum that I've chatted to various people on aim about in confidence so I'll leave it at thatDo YOU think Nige copied the article Mo?

Rob, I've got nothing against you, mate. Sure, I disagree with some of your views, and I think Ray is a toe-rag, but there's no dislike aimed at you from yours truly. I can assure you of that. Even after those tirades earlier in this thread. 

Well the impression I've got is that your kinda anti me but maybe you're more anti my site or whatever. Obviously you know what you think of me better than I. Although there was an element of truth in what I wrote (I'm not going to bullshit and say there wasn't, but I'm sure you can handle one guy who's not a fan of your work) I don't have anything against you outside what may or may not have happened here

Also, nobody accused me of copying Meltzer's review of that match. As it happens, I actually posted that review on the UKFF before his review appeared in the Observer, IIRC. And that's why I don't understand this whole 'happy to swing (the boot)' comment, because I've not said anything remotely derogatory about Nigel anywhere on this forum.

I distinctly remember the accusations Mo. Of course this place is stupid in deleting old posts so I can't back that up with anything. You've hardly come out in support of Nige either though

I think that Harold Shipman comment was way outta line

If a member of anyone's family was killed by the guy then sorry to them. Anyone else get a thicker skin for heavens sake

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Everything in the two articles is sheer and solid FACT, apart from the opinion on the Backlash match, so there are bound to be similarities. Take for example, if they were two essays on what led to WW1 then there would be loads of similarities. Would a teacher throw a big fit and accuse everyone in the class of ripping each other's work or ripping from a history textbook; no. As for the opinion, are we not allowed to have the same opinion as a magazine? I was somewhat disappointed with Eddie v RVD, not that I had too much knowledge of the excellence of Eddie Guerrero at that time. Its not as if Nigel Law wrote out the entire article word for word and posted it on here. He just wrote an article, which dealt with the same facts as the original article, but he could hardly make a few things up could he. Like throw in something like, "Eddie was obsessed with pigeons during this hard time, and was even arrested for a sexual act on a pigeon". Even IF this was copied from a magazine article it would have been a simple mistake. Are people really suggesting all his RAW and SmackDown reviews and his PPV reviews, which might I add were of a great standard in my opinion, were stolen and/or copied? I think notAs for the ass licking comment about myself, let me get this right, I'm an ass licker because I, like many others, said Nigel's reviews were great? I haven't been proven wrong whatsoever, because this wasn't stolen from a previous article, and I believe Nigel when he says that, and other articles that I've seen and praised haven't been copied either.As for Nigel's involvement with X-Wrestling, I am very skeptical (sp?) of X-Wrestling but that doesnt change my views on Nigel. Its a job for Nigel and I've got no problem with that whatsoever. I hope that X-Wrestling is a success, especially for Nigel's sake.It would be a real shame if Nigel Law now stopped posting on UKFF, as IMO he is an enjoyable part of the UKFF.

• Paid Members

Please do elaborate, because I'm totally at a loss to explain how you arrived at such a conclusion from that statement.

Well I do have more thats led me to that conclusion than that but I don't like saying stuff on an open forum that I've chatted to various people on aim about in confidence so I'll leave it at thatDo YOU think Nige copied the article Mo?
I had doubts, but I was prepared to give Nige the benefit of the doubt. However, through discussing this whole situation with others, it has emerged that there are inconsistencies in what he told me. The other night, he told me that he had started writing the article before the latest Powerslam came out. That means he started working on it nearly three weeks ago, which doesn't make sense considering he mentioned earlier in this thread he wrote five 2,000 word articles in the space of a week recently. In other words, I can't see why it would take him that long to write something of a similar length as other articles he wrote in no more than one or two days.The inconsistency in this case is that he told me he started working on it BEFORE PS came out, but when he was working on it this past week, he told another person it was a last-minute job. He's clearly telling lies to somebody, so I really don't think I can give him the benefit of the doubt.Also, you earlier claimed I was ripping into him on this very fan forum, but you couldn't back that up.

Rob, I've got nothing against you, mate. Sure, I disagree with some of your views, and I think Ray is a toe-rag, but there's no dislike aimed at you from yours truly. I can assure you of that. Even after those tirades earlier in this thread.

Edited by MoChatra

Can you honestly say you've never thought an article might be a good idea and make a start on it before getting bored, putting it to one side and ending up doing a hash job in half an hour a couple of weeks later Mo? I know I have.Personally I was dissapointed to see you come out and state the WT wasn't going to happen, really that was a statement for Nige to make and I don't think there was any reason you should have made it for himand I don't remember exactly what happened when I joined, I remember it being pretty 50/50 though. It wasn't pretty as I recall ;-)

• Paid Members

Can you honestly say you've never thought an article might be a good idea and make a start on it before getting bored, putting it to one side and ending up doing a hash job in half an hour a couple of weeks later Mo? I know I have.

Erm, no. I think you're just clutching at straws now, Rob. I know Nigel writes for your site, so you obviously feel you need to defend him, but with all due respect he probably doesn't need you to stand up for him. He has said what he wanted to say, and that's the end of the matter. I really didn't want to comment, but you asked me to say something, so I did.

Personally I was dissapointed to see you come out and state the WT wasn't going to happen, really that was a statement for Nige to make and I don't think there was any reason you should have made it for him

Maybe so. However, at least it spared Nige of writing a long explanation of why he wasn't going ahead with it. :/ Edited by MoChatra

So what we're saying here is, somebody read another article and formed their own article based on that.I fail to see where that differenciates from what ive been doing in news re-reporting since 1998. And the only hate mail or hate feedback i get for it is the fake links on news reports.Seriously, if the person who wrote article 1 has a problem with it, then theres a problem. Otherwise, i dont get why people are so wrapped up in setting out to deface Nige's rep.Now, what i see is that through all this, Nigel has quit writing because of it. Was that whoever started this big 'debate's aim? If so, congrats.I, however, will try and get Nigel to write for my site, as so long as nothing ever comes up where a magazine or writer contacts me regarding copying/non-sourcing etc, i'll try and sign talent when i see it.

• Paid Members

I, however, will try and get Nigel to write for my site, as so long as nothing ever comes up where a magazine or writer contacts me regarding copying/non-sourcing etc, i'll try and sign talent when i see it.

Do you get writer's to sign multi-year deals with downsize guarantees?By the way, Nige made his decision before any of this happened.

I, however, will try and get Nigel to write for my site, as so long as nothing ever comes up where a magazine or writer contacts me regarding copying/non-sourcing etc, i'll try and sign talent when i see it.

Do you get writer's to sign multi-year deals with downsize guarantees?By the way, Nige made his decision before any of this happened.
Perhaps a bad choice of words to say "sign", but given the over-reacting going on in this topic, its not out of place now, is it.Oh and by the by, i have paid writers before...

Personally, although I'm not really fan of his writing style, when I have spoken to Nigel on MSN he has come across as a very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable guy concerning the wrestling business. As far as the Eddy article goes, I can see where people can draw similarities between the two. Now normally, I would say that there is no way Nigel would of copied a Power Slam article, but due to Nigel saying that he is burned out and is quitting writing, this leads me to believe otherwise, although I feel inclined to give Law the benefit of the doubt.bAzTNM Posted on Feb 14 2004, 15:45

It's only wrestling for Christ sake. 

I can also agree with this also. Sometimes I feel that people actually forgot the reasons behind what they do; for their love of professional wrestling.

• Paid Members

know Nigel writes for your site, so you obviously feel you need to defend him

Didn't he write for you too? Yet you choose to tarnish his reputation further.
Yes he did, which is why I chose to keep quiet about it, until Rob decided to bring me into the whole debate.Besides, how am I tarnishing his reputation further? Rob asked me a question and I gave an honest answer. That's all there is to it. I didn't lay into him or anything. In fact, I tried to end my thoughts on a positive note.

know Nigel writes for your site, so you obviously feel you need to defend him

Didn't he write for you too? Yet you choose to tarnish his reputation further.
Yes he did, which is why I chose to keep quiet about it, until Rob decided to bring me into the whole debate.Besides, how am I tarnishing his reputation further? Rob asked me a question and I gave an honest answer. That's all there is to it. I didn't lay into him or anything. In fact, I tried to end my thoughts on a positive note.
You have edited several of your posts

Nigel told me on MSN last night that due various reasons he will no longer be launching The Wrestling Times

As Rob said it was up to Nigel to comment on The Wrestling Times - I really don't see why you announced it. It only raised the oppurtunity for people to further speculate.

Indeed, Nigel's now got a busy six months ahead to make this XWrestling work.

It's not his responsibilty to 'make XWrestling work'. He as booker only usues the names given to him by Lowe. It is Lowe that oversees everything, he is in charge and it is his responsibility to make XWrestling work.

Agreed pickers. Nigel is an employee of Phil. Sure, they work as a team, but it's Phil's project. As Nige said to me once on msn, Phil handles the business, Nige does the creative as its Phil's project.If the event happens with everybody scheduled and is immaculate in the planning, but the storylines and matches suck, then we blame Nige :):):).PS, Guerrero rox. Just so i dont get accused of being a hypocrit about saying how everybody posts about everything cept the topic :) .

Edited by Daniel Edler