Eddie Guerrero

Guest Nigel Law

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's guilty as Shipman folks!

Yep. Let's hope he makes a few other Shipman life decisons, too.

I mean jesus unless someone's going to find duplicates of all the other articles Nige has posted there's no case whatsoever.

Oh, there's more.

Fact is I suggested the idea of a Guerrero article to Nige, so he didn't get the idea from powerslam.

Well I am glad that having an idea suggested and then eschewing the actual work by yoinking the article from PS are two mutually exclusive incidents, yes indeed. Now, go back to your own board and have a circle jerk with the Halewoods about Volk Han, willya?

I've not read both, but Nige's was a fairly simple looks into a well publicised career of where the information is available from anywhere.I'm happy to have Nige write for my site and he'll continue to do so. If you'd bothered looking it up you'd see he does articles on news the day it happens. Now unless you find something through google he isn't taking that from a magazine.

So, how come people noticed straight away that it was ripped off? How come he only really mentions stuff that was also mentioned in the magazine article even though Eddie has a large career to choose from. Sure, it COULD be a coincidence...

Nige is1) A better writer than Mo Chatra

I'm no fan Chatra mark (he'll tell ya that), but I don't see why you're attacking him. He's done nothing wrong as far as I can see.

2) Not stupid enough to copy stuff from a guy he works for and publicise it on a forum, unless he was very very drunk. and he'd have needed beer gogs on when it came to Mo's writing and getting that drunk would show in the typing

You would think not.

Nothing to do with people being sheep? Show me some people not going "OMG IT WOZ ALWAZE GUNA HAPAN CUZ XWRESTLZING IS FRAUDZ CUZ MOJ SED SO!!!11" and I might give you some credence

Well...plenty of people haven't done that. Are you actually reading this thread?

I'll take that and my own dealings with him that go back further than anyone elses here over some half assed conspiracy claptrap about two simple articles that were a bit similar.

No. Not a bit similar. VERY similar. Nobody is crying conspiracy, either. Except you.

Hell you post a lot like Ray from my boards, I don't accuse you of being the same person though many of the ideas are the same in your posts. I could probably do some quotes and make a decent case if I wanted to.

Not many people here post like Ray, actually.

I won't because I'm not a twat and don't sink to wanting to lynch someone for something like this, and frankly having thought of you as a level headed guy in the past it sucks that you've lowered my opinion of you by doing so

Nobody wants to lynch him, either. You need to calm down, bud.

Although I'm sure you're 10x more over with Version1 and van halen so good for you I suppose

Rrrrriiiiiiiight...

• Paid Members

but if he did plaguraise i'm sure it was down to stress

Nice one Bagga, nice one. I'm sure my university lecturer would disagree had I handed in a plagiarised dissertation.As for the Law thing, I couldn't care either way but I'm sure he'll be on here to make this discussion even better when he's back from work! I for one look forward to it.

Rob - You know that I was one of the people begging for calm on the Wrestling Times thread - so I'm far from a "sheep" or anything. I've copied a few paragraphs out of PS #101 to compare them to Nigel's effort.Have a look for yourself...Power Slam wrote:Eddie Guerrero had a rough time of it in 2001: There was the lengthy and much publicised spell in rehab for painkiller and alcohol dependency. That was followed by his drink-driving arrest in November and firing from the WWF two days later. In the meantime, he had a difficult divorce from the mother of his two children to contend withNigel wrote:In November of 2001 winning the WWE Title seemed something of an impossibility as he had just been fired from the promotion, coming merely two days after he was arrested for drink driving in Tampa. This was in conjunction with an ongoing divorce from his first wife and mother of his two daughters, said to be very messy and unpleasant.Power Slam continued:In his first indie match after his WWF contract was terminated, he put Low Ki over on an Impact Championship Wrestling card on November 30 in Queens, New York. Guerrero, who did everything possible to enhance the youngster

• Awards Moderator

I find this all very confusing. I've known Nigel a wee while now, and would like to think he's growing into one of the top IWC columnists, and late last year became one of the best UKFF posters. Certainly at different times via MSN we've discussed ideas for articles and how to proceed and his writing seems to come out of a genuine creative process. We also discussed his decision whether to join XWrestling or not, and I fully understand his reasons for aligning himself with the outfit. I'm in the "I'm highly sceptical but willing to see what happens" camp.I can't comment whether this is plagiarism or not; I don't read Power Slam so I wouldn't know. What I will say is this sems very out of character for Nigel as a guy who is trying to really carve his own corner doing his thing. Many of us have enjoyed his work, sheep or not. I don't know what the full story is here but I am very intrigued to hear Nigel's response to all of this.And Moj: I think you need to calm down a bit mate. You have enough enemies on this board. Is there any reason to create more? I support (encourage) your decision to highlight the similarities but hoping he will commit suicide is a little OTT.Oh, and if you want to talk about conspiracy theories: who wants to draw the connection between Nige posting this "controversial" article and sales of PowerSlam going up accordingly today? Mo, we demand answers! ;)

Right.I've got it.Nigel was nothing if not nice to me when we met a fortnight ago - so despite my disappointment at this news, I've been feeling bad about the whole thing and I'm trying to see the other side of the story.Maybe it's a cry for help?Seriously... maybe Nigel had too much on his plate with Pro Wrestling Press, Shootfabe, Smarkschoice, Wrestling Observer, X Wrestling, The Wrestling Times - while still trying to maintain some semblance of a normal life.Maybe Nigel realised that he's working for a thief at XW and that his credibility was going to go down the tubes when (or if - but most likely when) it all goes tits up - and he panicked.Like so many people have said - why would someone plagiarise an article from Power Slam when he knows it's a widely read publication and that one of the main writers for the mag posts on this site? Maybe he wanted to get caught - to give himself an opportunity to get out (His association with Shootfabe is already finished, The Wrestling Times isn't happening and Meltzer has pulled the article from the Obsever website) and tell Phil that he wants nothing to do with X-Wrestling.I don't know... but it's an intruiging idea, and I thought I might as well share it.

Maybe it's a cry for help?Seriously... maybe Nigel had too much on his plate with Pro Wrestling Press, Shootfabe, Smarkschoice, Wrestling Observer, X Wrestling, The Wrestling Times - while still trying to maintain some semblance of a normal life.

Nobody got him involved with any of those things - he volunteered to write/work for them all.Maybe he just likes seeing his name on as many websites as possible like MackemMan? :rolleyes:

I always thought law was a decent writer, but going by the evidence of this it seems his work is based from magazine articles which is pretty low. But I'm not jumping on the wagon yet. I wanna see stone cold proof first :).

Edited by Version1

Guest Nigel Law

Woah greatest feedback ever. Okay so this has been of the most bizarre internet related weeks ever, so bear with this long and waffly rant for as long as you can. First off I need to apologise to someone and whilst it's never good to have to be so humble Mr Moj man, please listen up. The comments directed at yourself by me on Monday were unjust. Whilst I

But I'm not jumping on the wagon yet. I wanna see stone cold proof first :).

Piss-poor, blatant attempt to cover your ass (yeah, I hate Brits saying asss instead of arse just as next as the next person, but 'cover your arse' just doesn't sound right) from more 'RIM wannabe' comments.Just thought I'd let you know...Killa