New Japan & ZERO-One 4.1 discussion thread

Terje Rindal

Guest Dave Pick

Anyway, I don't see why anyone here should forget your hypocrisy. You basically put down every trader, and every trader's customer on this forum a few months back when you launched SMV-UK, and now you're telling us you'll be getting a copy of this show.We all know you're not going to buy the official DVD release from Amazon's Japan site, so that's why I felt it apt to point out your hypocrisy in this case. Just admit that you, like the rest of us, also watch tapes where money doesn't go back to 'the boys' from the money you pay for them, and you'll earn back all the respect you had this time last year. You see?

I haven't watched a non SMV-UK tape in the past 6 months (aside from the matrats tape I got ahold of).And you know I'm not going to buy the official DVD release how? It's the ONE puro show I've wanted in god knows how long, and it may very well be worth the investment.You see?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a good thread before the boring bullshit

Agreed. I fail to see how what tapes Pick watches matters in the context of this thread.Anyway, it seems obvious to me that Tenzan has been treated like shit again. The thing I want to know, is why? There must either be something wrong with him that we don't know about (aside from the usual bitching about his wrestling ability), or there are 2 camps in NJPW: One that thinks he is great and one that thinks he sucks and the booking levels these thoughts out.I just can't work out why you would build him up so well, give him the belt, get him over and then undo all that work so quickly. Why do New Japan act in such an un-Japanese like way when it comes to business? In a country where companies have anything up to 15 year business plans, why do New Japan change their opinions as often as the wind?However, what it does do, is spice things up in an otherwise dull puro scene just now.

This was a good thread before the boring bullshit

Agreed. I fail to see how what tapes Pick watches matters in the context of this thread.Anyway, it seems obvious to me that Tenzan has been treated like shit again. The thing I want to know, is why? There must either be something wrong with him that we don't know about (aside from the usual bitching about his wrestling ability), or there are 2 camps in NJPW: One that thinks he is great and one that thinks he sucks and the booking levels these thoughts out.I just can't work out why you would build him up so well, give him the belt, get him over and then undo all that work so quickly. Why do New Japan act in such an un-Japanese like way when it comes to business? In a country where companies have anything up to 15 year business plans, why do New Japan change their opinions as often as the wind?However, what it does do, is spice things up in an otherwise dull puro scene just now.
All i can think is Chono decided to give Tenzan the big push then Inoki's come along and said he wants Nakamura as champion before his upcoming shoot fight(thats my opinion anyway). This leaves Tenzan with nothing but could have made Nakamura looking like a superstar if everything worked out, either way i doubt Inoki cares Edited by ultimo the great

NJPW Wrestling World 2004, 04/01/04The IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Title match looks like it could be quite good although I don't really see the point in switching the title repeatedly between Gedo/Jado and Heat/TM4. Liger/Sugiura looks like a lot of fun with Liger hopefully proving to the doubters that he can still go in singles competition. Tanahashi/Yoshie should be fine as well as they work well against each other and their match in the U-30 Tournament last year was pretty good. After reading reports I'm pretty anxious to see Nagata/Sasaki as it sounds like a real bloodbath and whenever Demon Nagata shows up it's going to be good. The unification match will be interesting as I'm wondering how well Nakamura will do on such a high level.Overall the show looks like one of the better Tokyo Dome shows in recent years and I'll be getting it when it becomes available. On that note, anyone know how long the event ran?

All i can think is Chono decided to give Tenzan the big push then Inoki's come along and said he wants Nakamura as champion before his upcoming shoot fight(thats my opinion anyway). This leaves Tenzan with nothing but could have made Nakamura looking like a superstar if everything worked out, either way i doubt Inoki cares

Yeah, that's one way to look at it, but it still doesn't explain why Tenzan had to job in the tag.

All i can think is Chono decided to give Tenzan the big push then Inoki's come along and said he wants Nakamura as champion before his upcoming shoot fight(thats my opinion anyway). This leaves Tenzan with nothing but could have made Nakamura looking like a superstar if everything worked out, either way i doubt Inoki cares

Yeah, that's one way to look at it, but it still doesn't explain why Tenzan had to job in the tag.
I think the reason for that could be that the person who was going to job came down to two people, Chono and Tenzan. Chono knew that Tenzan getting the win wouldn't matter as there is no way Inoki will let him be the IWGP champ anytime soon, so Tenzan losing isn't really a big deal. Obviously it isn't right - but if Inoki doesn't want Tenzan at the top, what's the point of keeping him strong?

Guest LizardKing

I'm not so sure about the Inoki thing, but I agree that the NJ side were always going to lose in the tag - which IMO is self defeating. I feel that Chono felt that a) since he was coming back off an injury, b) he jobbed in the last three Dome shows and c) Tenzan was coming off a IWGP Tag victory with Nish, that it was better for himself to avoid jobbing and give it to Tenzan. If you look at the actual amount of jobs Tenzan has done lately, it's not a lot in terms of numbers (in terms of importance is another matter). And hey, Chono is bookerman.