Why

Guest Big Frank

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ban Christmas?? What? That would be going against equality- especially since Christmas is the biggest religion in Britain.Take a leaf outta my book- at school last week, my Headmaster gave this little speech, influenced by our Debating Society:"Since this is the last assembly before the holiday, I woud like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. But I would also like to wish a Happy Hanukah to any representitives of the Jewish community, and I would mention other religions but I don't know any more festivals. So whatever your religious reason for this holiday, have a good one."One the point of referring to people as being "coloured" being non-PC, my three coloured cousins all use this word when describing themselves- as do my other negroe friends. So if its so non-PC, why do negroes use it themselves? This subject is far too sticky for my liking.

• Paid Members

I have never called anyone a 'paki', but I don't see how it is racist. Is calling an Australian a 'pom' racist, is calling someone from New Zeland a 'kiwi' racist, is calling someone from Britain a 'brit' etc?

"Paki" isn't just used to describe someone from Pakistan, it is generally used as derogatory way to describe someone from the Kashmir region of Asia regardless of where they are actually from. With the very long history of hatred and fighting between Indian and Pakistan over the Kashmir region (they have come very close to going to war a few times in the last couple of years) you can understand why an Indian would consider being called a "Paki" an insult and accuse you of being racist. Pom is used by the Australians to describe the British, its often used in an insulting way (mainly by Alf Stewart in Home and Away) but over time its become more of a joke than anything with racist undertones, although I guess it depends on the context of how its being used. I don't particularly thing that "Kiwi" is a racist term, New Zealanders often refer to themselves as The Kiwi's in sporting events. Its the nickname of their Rugby League side and in the past has been printed on the shirts, I have never seen a Pakistani sporting team have the word "Paki" on any of their shirts.

I don't particularly thing that "Kiwi" is a racist term, New Zealanders often refer to themselves as The Kiwi's in sporting events. Its the nickname of their Rugby League side and in the past has been printed on the shirts, I have never seen a Pakistani sporting team have the word "Paki" on any of their shirts.

I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't, but I've just got this mental image of the Pakistani cricket team with that on their backs, and I can't stop laughing.I'm sorry again, I know it's wrong, but it's popped into my head and won't leave without a fight.

I mean, due to PC, you are not allowed to send Chritmas cards with Christians religious images, for exmaple Angels or baby Jesus, in workplaces as it can offened other religions. Why?

Where does this happen exactly? I've never heard of it, and I used to work in a Jobcentre, who are one of the most PC employers, I'd have thought. I think a lot of this stuff is just false news made up by the Sun to cause tension, just like the stories about the EU banning curved bananas.

• Paid Members

Really? Have you actually read their policies, besides the "white British pe0ple rulz0rz" ones of course?

um, yes........thats why I vote for them. And from your remark about the BNP's policies only consisting of "white British pe0ple rulz0rz" you are just showing that you are the narrow minded one. Perhaps if you took the time to actually read their policies instead of just branding them as stupid racists you would see that they have evolved into a very good political party.I strongly agree with their views on Health, Transport, Immigration, and education........so please, if you have read their policies and disagree then fine, thats why we all have the right to vote, what I dont like is people saying things like you have done without knowing the first thing about the party.so by all means, go to the website athttp://www.bnp.org.ukand then come back here and discuss it.thankyou, BB

• Paid Members

Ok personally dont support the BNP - however some people could argue I do as I am a Tory.The world is officially mad - I don't think this example has been brought up at all but for example - you hear it on the news - if someone has been attacked and the victim is white its an "attack" if the person is not white its deemed as an "racial assult".I know it sounds like my upbrining coming in to place here but I do think sometimes non-whites are treated better than whites cause there is so many laws/issues they could kick up and sue the old bill with (on a note I'm not racist at all there is just a few things with the system that piss me off a wee bit)

Perhaps if you took the time to actually read their policies instead of just branding them as stupid racists you would see that they have evolved into a very good political party.

I will bear that in mind the next time I see one of their MPs delivering a speech in Parliament.

I remember a few years ago, a guy in my school got into a lot of trouble for saying 'the paki's won the cricket'. He wasn't being racist, he was just calling the Pakistani team a short name.

I don't mean any offence when I call people niggers, it's just short for negro!

Guest Big Frank

I remember a few years ago, a guy in my school got into a lot of trouble for saying 'the paki's won the cricket'. He wasn't being racist, he was just calling the Pakistani team a short name.

I don't mean any offence when I call people niggers, it's just short for negro!
Yet I an urn on he radio everyday and hear the word nigger all the time so it

It sounds like double standards to me its only offensive when the wrong person says it.

That's the way language works sometimes. You can call your mate a twat, but not a stranger. Exact same thing really, once you take away this veneer of race.