Why

Guest Big Frank

I think you misunderstood my point was that people who use the term paki shop in general would not be racist people they just use the term because maybe it

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alanhill

If you have anything to do with the football club Oldham you would know that Asian fans made up a large percent of the supporters. The original riot on the Saturday had northing to do with race it was to do with a stupid football match the press blamed it as a race issue but I lived in the area at the time both Asian and white supporters on both side where involved in physical confrontation.The riot on Sunday was to do with race which was spark off because of recent differing views of local people who believed that both sets of communities where having a so called fair advantage to the others. The recent attack on both white and black taxi driver at the time did not help the situation.

You lived in the area where Stoke fans walked through hurling racist abuse before the game? Or did it not happen? And there was no concerted and long-running attempt by racist groups to start trouble in the area over a matter of weeks?I'm sorry, but your football game explanation is bollocks. And incidentally while I do not live in Oldham myself, my Father lives in Hollinwood, next to an Asian family incidentally. His wife's family are all lifelong Latic's fans, and indeed I was with them at the League Cup Final against Nottingham Forest in 1991.No doubt the issues surrounding the riots are complex, but the truth is that racist organisations had a lot to do with starting the trouble.

Can I just say that even if Big Frank's dismissal from his job was slightly unfair, all his other comments on this thread vindicate the decision to tell him to fuck off out of the job because he's a dirty racist?Yes?OK, Big Frank's dismissal from his job was slightly unfair, but all his other comments on this thread vidicate that decision to tell him to fuck off out of the job for being a dirty racist.There.

Guest David Blade

Sure, it was an unfair dismissal but his solution to the problem is to remove PC, PC often challenges your assumed-prejudices... ...sure he may not find "coloured" offensive but then again he assumed no-one else would, I mean why distinguish an Asian person as "coloured", isn't white a colour as well??

Edited by David Blade

• Moderators

All these arguments about using the P word being okay are ridiculous. No amount of faux-naivety or Little Englishman Anti-PC pride takes away the fact that it is a word used by racist idiots in a hateful manner and has been for decades, so using that word yourself, regardless of meaning puts you in that same group.It's like asking "Why can't I call my Gran a cunt? It's just a word after all, and when *I* say it, I don't mean offense."

• Paid Members

All these arguments about using the P word being okay are ridiculous. No amount of faux-naivety or Little Englishman Anti-PC pride takes away the fact that it is a word used by racist idiots in a hateful manner and has been for decades, so using that word yourself, regardless of meaning puts you in that same group.It's like asking "Why can't I call my Gran a cunt? It's just a word after all, and when *I* say it, I don't mean offense."

Yet more proof, if any were needed, why Sickboy owns this forum.- Mo, marking for Sickboy since 2000

first id like to say its the BNP as in bristish national party.the oldham riots started as one guy got beat up and someone he knew heard and decided to "send the boys" round. :crazy: this started a fight between what just happened to be white and asians. then after this a car was burnt (i cant remember what people burnt which car and i dont care as both sets of people were wrong)2 wrongs dont make a right and all that.then the local media and then national media turned up and saw a car on fire was a big riot... this then turned into a riot as nutters from across the land came for a fight.racist groups didnt start the trouble, idiots did... the racist groups just took it too farthen this secures two things. a no go area for both sets of people... but the police deny this... but id ask them to walk through these areas without the police uniform after dark and see what happens... i can tell you its not niceas someone who has just read the whole thread id like to ask thisbig frank can i ask did you say coloured in a negative way? did you react like a child when you were informed that what you had said was wrong? do you work well or have any previous warnings at work? could you have been sacked as this was the last straw? big frank if you continue to talk about all these things it will make people more convinced you do have racist feelings and they will feel less sympathy.also i agree with sickboy that defending the use of the word paki or any racial slur is wrong. and the people in minority groups are offended by the words as it refers to them as "other"... or in otherwords they arent normal ie white hetro mid class males who have christian beliefs, they are the other group whether religion sex race nationality or colour etc being made to feel like you are other is wrong and i believe that is what brings up feelings as being made an outsider and is wrong.pc has gone crazy though and i personally do not get offeneded by words as they "wont break my bones" so i cannot see anything wrong with some words unless used in a perjorative way or a negative way... ie you *insert word* bastardpeople use language to describe people not to be offensive. i know someone who says the paki shop but not to be offensive she says it as they are pakistani and defends herself by saying if a fat white bloke owned the shop then it would be the fat white bloke shop.but id like to say that two people have it right billy connolly who says white hetro mid class males are the last people you can say bad things about and you can even wish rape on them... but they are considered strong?whether you agree with me or not i dont mean to be offensive. but i think everyone knows that people have oppinions but oppinions are like arses everyone has them but some peoples are full of shit. :duh:

• Paid Members

people use language to describe people not to be offensive. i know someone who says the paki shop but not to be offensive she says it as they are pakistani and defends herself by saying if a fat white bloke owned the shop then it would be the fat white bloke shop.

Intriguingly, a shop near me was owned by an Asian gentleman, but in the spirit of racial integration, the shop was commonly referred to solely as "Fat C*nt's".

Guest Big Frank

Can I just say that even if Big Frank's dismissal from his job was slightly unfair, all his other comments on this thread vindicate the decision to tell him to fuck off out of the job because he's a dirty racist?Yes?OK, Big Frank's dismissal from his job was slightly unfair, but all his other comments on this thread vidicate that decision to tell him to fuck off out of the job for being a dirty racist.There.

Can I ask how you have come to the design that I am a so called dirty racist? The facts are that I have both Hindu and Muslim close friends are they don

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^can i just repeatbig frank if you continue to talk about all these things it will make people more convinced you do have racist feelings and they will feel less sympathy.are you trying to convince us or yourself now???can this topic die soon its going nowhere

This is somewhat relevant to this thread, but why is Bar Bar Black Sheep rasist???Is ask, because it can no longer be taught in schools!!!What about The Black and White Minstrals? Racist?

• Paid Members

Another thing I don't get is this...Just say I'm a total racist. I'm like a proper skinhead. However, I don't act on my racist feelings. Would you still hate me? So I have an opinion that's in the minority. But it's not as if I go around lynching black people. I don't shove my opinions in your face.Just wondering.

• Paid Members

Just say I'm a total racist. I'm like a proper skinhead. However, I don't act on my racist feelings.

'Proper' skins are not racist. The whole movement descends from Jamacian rude-boys.Most early ska (which is what the first skins listened to) was almost exclusivly performed by black artists.

This is somewhat relevant to this thread, but why is Bar Bar Black Sheep rasist???Is ask, because it can no longer be taught in schools!!!What about The Black and White Minstrals? Racist?

No, Ba Ba Black Sheep isn't racist, because its about an animal and not a person. It's got absolutely nothing to do with Big Frank calling someone 'coloured' and getting the sack.