Why

Guest Big Frank

This is bullshit. I hear plenty black people saying things like, "That WHITE boy/girl/man/women" and it's not considered wrong in the slightest. But I come out with a comment like, "That BLACK boy/girl/man/women" and there'd be plenty people jumping on my back about it with things like, "What's his colour got to do with it?"I never understood why the "N word" is so hated anyway. I mean...it's just a word.

The word black should not be considered offensive and I don't really think it is anywhere other than sensationalist rags and your own anecdotal evidence. And it's not even the issue at hand here.The 'n word' is offensive because of its association with the slave trade. Edited by Psybro

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Big Frank

'Coloured' is considered to be an impolite term. 'Black' or 'Asian' are perfectly acceptable replacements. If you were sacked then the term was clearly inappropriate for your workplace.The same thing would happen in many other countries including most of Europe and the United States.If you think Freedom of Speech is make believe then you clearly haven't noticed the variety of newspapers and television channels available to you, your ability to vote in elections and your ability to write stuff like this on the Internet.

Freedom of speech you say Well every newspaper and television channel is monitored by so higher power that cuts out anything that society would consider socially incorrect anything that is spoken on television is controlled so it fits into are perfect fabricated soierty. I don

So there is no journalistic freedom in the UK. That's funny because my school library carries a copy of Mein Kampf, any number of rap songs are freely available for purchase containing the word 'nigger', and the BNP are allowed to operate. To me, that signifies a good degree of free speech.You also seem to be condoning the abolition of all swear words. Good luck with that one, but I don't think you understand quite what the difference is between a word itself and the associations that the particular word has.

Guest alanhill

The reason why 'paki' is offensive is because it is used as a blanket term used regardless of where the person's blood roots lie. I don't appreciate being called English, I wouldn't expect an Indian to appreciate being called a 'Paki'.Use of the word is also indicative of a certain contempt and disregard for the particulars of the factsAnd it just doesn't sound very nice.David Baddiel: "I've been beaten up twice in my life, once for being Jewish, and once for being a 'Pakistani'. I one day hope to get beaten up for being Chesney Hawkes."

Guest Big Frank

I dont know anything about your upbringing just me being me I guess. To your second point I dare anybody to say that they have never used a word, term or phase etc that the establishment considers wrong

Oh sure, you can complain about the niggers and kikes until the cows go home as long as you're within the comfort of your own property, but don't expect to be able to it at your place of work.
You would be in the small minority because I would say that 99% of the population have said some type of remark that the modern society would find offensive. Now call me all the names under the sun people in general now are using there race for there own gain in life because it

Guest Big Frank

Nigger is just a word yeh.So is cunt.So it faggot.Doesn't make it any less offensive.Psybro~ against the world.

I have never meet one homosexual that finds the word faggot offensive.

Now if I did any of the above list today do you think that my punishment would of been so hard.

No, because they all involve the company's employees/property, not the public who use the service the company provides. They are what is most important to a company in the services industry.