Wrestling Observer's "100 Greatest Wrestlers"

Guest Low-ki

Guest LanceStorm

Did Triple H not make the top 100?Is the list is any particular order? Its just, The Rock is up in 16th place and people like Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels are in 25th and 47th place!

Who??

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

But to say mil is a greater wrestler than HBK is a big slap in the face. oh and i have seen quite a few hbk matches u know

Mil is a bigger star than HBK within the context of the business. Yes, HBK was a great worker but he was never near the level of star in the US that Mil was in Mexico, and his longevity a headliner will be nowhere near as long. Plus Mil also had some success in Japan and the US as well as in Mexico whereas HBK's success was limited to the US.In ring work isn Edited by nfc90210

• Paid Members

An actual LOL moment there. I'd like to know how much Blassie stuff Denim Rob has seen to come up with a comparison to Mil

Alright i get your point. i have only seen mil mascaras at rumble 97 and he was awful! hopefully he was a lot better when he was younger! and yes ure right i have only read about blassie not seen! :blush: .But to say mil is a greater wrestler than HBK is a big slap in the face. oh and i have seen quite a few hbk matches u know! :p
That's a daft statement. It's like me saying Rey Misterio is better then Ultimo Dragon. I've only seen Dragon a few times but I've seen tons of Misterio so I know he's better.For me, The Rock at 16 was the biggest mistake. The Rock's a great comedian, and a solid athlete, but 16th best Wrestler ever nah, not for me.

An actual LOL moment there. I'd like to know how much Blassie stuff Denim Rob has seen to come up with a comparison to Mil

Alright i get your point. i have only seen mil mascaras at rumble 97 and he was awful! hopefully he was a lot better when he was younger! and yes ure right i have only read about blassie not seen! :blush: .But to say mil is a greater wrestler than HBK is a big slap in the face. oh and i have seen quite a few hbk matches u know! :p
Dude, you judge Mil Mascaras peformance at 55 (in 1997) and compare it to HBK's performance at mid-30s? I would choose the best of Mil Mascaras over the best of Michaels any day. Then again, I've never been that big a fan of Michaels and also prefer the lucha style over the American style.Sadly I haven't seen all that much of Mascaras myself, but last week I saw his match against The Destroyer from October 9, 1973 and it was a beauty. Thankfully I'll be seeing a lot more of Mil Mascaras in the near future as I've just received a bunch of classic japan tapes.--PUNQ--

• Paid Members

QUOTE  But to say mil is a greater wrestler than HBK is a big slap in the face. oh and i have seen quite a few hbk matches u know

Mil is a bigger star than HBK within the context of the business. Yes, HBK was a great worker but he was never near the level of star in the US that Mil was in Mexico, and his longevity a headliner will be nowhere near as long. Plus Mil also had some success in Japan and the US as well as in Mexico whereas HBK's success was limited to the US.In ring work isn

• Paid Members

Did Triple H not make the top 100?Is the list is any particular order? Its just, The Rock is up in 16th place and people like Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels are in 25th and 47th place!

Who??
Storm, dont start! :angry: i know you used to be a huge HHH fan! :omg::omg::omg: Personally, I dont think The Rock should be as high up on the list as 16th. I mean, I like The Rock and all, but Bret Hart was MUCH better. I know The Rock was/is a draw, but come on, on the top 100 list - Bret over Rock any day.

With the exception of a couple of people I think it's a pretty damn good top 100. Not much respect for the modern era though. That's a bit of a shame.

Yeah there is respect for the modern era - they're mostly where they ought to be. Back at the turn of the century, wrestling was going through a boom that I would say (from my average knowledge of the era) was bigger than that of the 90's. They were drawing better, more consistently, and kept doing so through the advent of television and up until the early 00's.Plus, they were better wrestlers. I'd much rather see Rikidozan/Thesz than HHH/whoever, because that's wrestling, not kick-punch-kick.

Plus, they were better wrestlers. I'd much rather see Rikidozan/Thesz than HHH/whoever, because that's wrestling, not kick-punch-kick.

Rikidozan was way more "punch-kick" than HHH actually.....Plus, a "punch-kick" style hardly hurt guys like Austin, Rock, Hansen or Kawada, did it ?

I must point out guys that Kenta Kobashi is not on the list!And where the hell is the best female worker of all time Manami Toyota?By the way does anyone know who Dara Singh is?