Your favourite wrestling style?

What is your own favourite wrestling style? Or styles? 

I don't really have the knowledge to be to detailed. But I suppose I like technical wrestling but I do like some high flying and great moves chucked in as well. But I don't like it to overwhelm the match if you know what I mean. Don't like spots fests. 

I also really like hardcore matches. But I don't like it when they do stuff just for the sake of it. It has to have a reason and fit into the story of the match. 

Technical wrestling I like, I like high flying aswell but not the over choreographed stuff, but I can get into anything that actually works a crowd and conveys a story, if you're captivating a crowd and playing out a story move by move then style can get overlooked and you're just into the match.

• Paid Members

It’s bodyslams, side suplexes, clotheslines, dropkicks and powerslams that I’m after.

1 hour ago, air_raid said:

It’s bodyslams, side suplexes, clotheslines, dropkicks and powerslams that I’m after.

Sounds like you need the best of WWF american wrestling.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Surf Digby said:

The oily kind, where there's just mats and no ring.

More like Slip Digby, right lads?

I enjoy high flying, you can definitely tell a story while doing it. Just watch people like Pillman, Luger, Dynamite Kid or Eddie Guerrero. Even a lot of modern wrestlers like Desperado or Ishimori can tell a good story. I used to absolutely love spot fests from about 99-2001. Less into them now but they can be fun. Some can be infuriating, Ricochet vs Ospreay (we all know which one) gets on my tits, but they aren't the only ones. I think the amount of spotty matches with fuck all selling has sullied the name of high flying. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Feel like I’m in a minority these days but definitely squash matches. I usually have a good attention span and love delving into subjects, but when it comes to wrestling I’m the polar opposite.

As a kid I actually found some PPV’s a chore as the matches were a bit of a hindrance. Entrance, few moves and a cool finisher was what I wanted from my week to week TV.

I actually enjoyed WWE Speed as it was perfect. In an Instagram and TikTok world where short videos are the norm, its strange that TV matches have never been longer than they are now.

I’ve long wondered why the hell I’ve been watching wrestling so long given I don’t seem to actually enjoy wrestling…

Edited by garynysmon