Mental health

What your mental health like?

I have a history of anxiety and depression.  I can get anxiety attacks which affect my work a lot as I don't know when I will get them. Has made getting a permananent job very hard.

People talk about mental health a lot more now which is good I think

• Members

Tread carefully in these sorts of threads.

I haven't suffered from the old clinny deps that badly recently. I did stare at the wall for about 3 hours the other day in total despair but that's fairly normal for me.

As @PunkStep says "A video of Diego a day keeps the clinny deps away"

It will be back soon though. 

Mine is shite but as Bacon said, be careful. The last two threads of this ilk have been deleted because wronguns have used information posted here to harass people in real life, even getting people sacked. 

Up and down but I'm certainly more aware of it these days, rather than just thinking it was "normal" or whatever when I was younger. With more people talking about it, it definitely helps to understand it more.

There's a long way to go with all of it, but I feel less alone.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, no user name said:

What your mental health like?

I have a history of anxiety and depression.  I can get anxiety attacks which affect my work a lot as I don't know when I will get them. Has made getting a permananent job very hard.

People talk about mental health a lot more now which is good I think

Sadly, the open forum is not a safe space for these discussions and I would discourage people, including you, from sharing this information on here.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Sadly, the open forum is not a safe space for these discussions and I would discourage people, including you, from sharing this information on here.

I don't see the problem mate. No one knows me on here.  And it's just for a discussion. It's not just about me 

Edited by no user name

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

Up and down but I'm certainly more aware of it these days, rather than just thinking it was "normal" or whatever when I was younger. With more people talking about it, it definitely helps to understand it more.

There's a long way to go with all of it, but I feel less alone.

Lonelyness is a massive cause of mental health issues. I hope it's not a big problem for you 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, no user name said:

I don't see the problem mate. No one knows me on here.  And it's just for a discussion. It's not just about me 

You don't see the problem because you may or may not know what has happened to members in the past for posting details of their mental health in these threads. And that may go for other members on here, too. If you want to post your own details, fine, don't encourage others to do so as they may not have all the facts.

2 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

You don't see the problem because you may or may not know what has happened to members in the past for posting details of their mental health in these threads. And that may go for other members on here, too. If you want to post your own details, fine, don't encourage others to do so as they may not have all the facts.

I mean if people want to talk about their mental health that's up to them. They make the decision.  People talk about it on lots of forums. 

1 minute ago, no user name said:

I mean if people want to talk about their mental health that's up to them. They make the decision.  People talk about it on lots of forums. 

Absolutely, but previously on here snide cunts have taken what people have posted and used it against them in real life. We are a pretty tight knit community here and our offline identities aren’t too hard to find out. Whilst I’ve benefited from previous discussions on the subject on here, some have had that information used for nefarious means, such as getting someone sacked because they weren’t up front with an employer with their health conditions. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, no user name said:

So you're comfortable encouraging people to do this in a place that is not a safe space. I don't know who you were in your previous account(s) but you were clearly a bit of a knob.

6 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

So you're comfortable encouraging people to do this in a place that is not a safe space. I don't know who you were in your previous account(s) but you were clearly a bit of a knob.

Shut you idiot. I'm having a conversation about mental health. If grown adults want to join in that's up to them i don't make them. People talk about mental health on loads of different forums.  I don't know what happened on here but that doesn't mean it will happen again. Most people on this forum are nice I doubt it will be much of an issue 

10 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Absolutely, but previously on here snide cunts have taken what people have posted and used it against them in real life. We are a pretty tight knit community here and our offline identities aren’t too hard to find out. Whilst I’ve benefited from previous discussions on the subject on here, some have had that information used for nefarious means, such as getting someone sacked because they weren’t up front with an employer with their health conditions. 

Well thanks for explaining it nicely mate. As I said most people on this forum seem nice. Mental health is discussed on lots of forums. Most with more twats on them than this one. Its a shame that that happened but that doesn't mean it will happen again. As I said I didn't start this thread to be about me. It's just a conversation. And people are free to join in if they want. And if they don't want to they don't have to.