8 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

This question was answered even earlier than I could have reasonably expected...

And the double whammy a minute later saying his mum was a nurse!

• Paid Members

This Anushka lass is insufferable on the follow up show. She’s constantly talking over and trying to gotcha him in a one on one interview. I thought this would be more mellow and interesting than the frustrating Starmer vs Sunak debate but she’s doing her best to ruin it.

Cutting him off, answering questions for him and putting words in his mouth. Awful interviewing skills.

• Moderators
Posted (edited)

Sunak was interesting. Really focused on trying to score points and get on the attack against Starmer, at the cost of coming across as at all likeable. Think it was a pretty sound plan tbh as neither of them is at all likeable.

Credit for managing to keep a straight face when talking about national service.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

What are the thoughts on this SNP fella? He seems decent and is holding his own enough with some of these bollocks interruptions and questions.

It’s like she wants everyone to look shit. When he had her on the ropes with that budget question and she started stammering over her own words, she was like “can we just go back to why you hate England”.

• Paid Members

I don’t know if I’ve just hung out on here too long but when this idiot was talking about not being able to stop the Sun all I could think of was this.

IMG_9326.jpeg.13d78163c90b9846b218fc471be36bbd.jpeg

• Paid Members

I think frustratingly the SNP came away looking the best tonight, the only party I can’t vote for. I’ve been to Scotland and outside of Glasgow it’s a beautiful country that I’m not surprised want to get away from us. I’d probably be in the same boat.

Sunak will never get my vote but Starmer didn’t do much to impress. I think they came away looking equals but it’s easy to punch down at 14 years of failure and Starmer could barely manage that.

I don’t think Ed Davey was allowed to get a word in so who knows with him. I’m not sure how I feel about putting the fate of the country in a bloke who’s spent the campaign so far playing on waterslides.

Tice, Farage and Reform are awful and while I don’t think zero net migration is a fundamentally awful idea, especially with exceptions for skilled workers in medical and care careers, I don’t agree with the clearly racist drive behind it or just about any of their other disgusting policies. 

I was really hoping the Green party would impress but the bloke was a bit of a wet blanket and didn’t seem to have much of a plan. I feel like he was viewed, rightfully so unfortunately for him, as an easy target for the gotcha questions and he tripped up on most of them. 

It really is going to come down to manifestos for me as tonight hasn’t pushed me in one way or another. I think unless we get an independent it will come down to Labour, Green or Lib Dem depending on plans and policies.