5 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

The absolutely most optimistic outcome I can possibly imagine right now is Labour having to form a coalition

They’d probably form one with the tories. 

1 minute ago, Chest Rockwell said:

You mean Starmer right? This made me chuckle from the short summary on BBC - 

Starmer says "no decision has been taken".

Such an apt summary of his leadership in general.

I don't know how to post screenshots but she has said as much on Twitter apparently 

'Naturally I am delighted to have the Labour Whip restored and to be a member of the PLP.

Thank you to all those who have supported me along the way. I will be campaigning for a Labour victory.

But I am very dismayed at numerous reports suggest I have been barred as a candidate'

3 minutes ago, deathrey said:

Interestingly, Diane is now claiming it's not true that she is not being allowed to run.

It’s Starmer saying it isn’t true isn’t it? I wonder if the “Confusion” is down to Diane saying she was disappointed at the reports she had been banned from standing, so the journos got the wrong end of the stick. Alternatively she’s played a blinder and got the top brass to  reveal their hand. The aforementioned self confessed “Zionist shitlord” Luke Akehurst was apparently pencilled in for the seat so anything that fucks him up is a wonderful thing. 

• Paid Members

Why is it every time Labour have any sort of momentum they start in-fighting and shooting themselves in the foot.

Would love a political party where supporting them didn’t come with a huge caveat or wouldn’t be a wasted vote because it’s not one of the big two.

3 minutes ago, FLips said:

Why is it every time Labour have any sort of momentum they start in-fighting and shooting themselves in the foot.

To be honest, I don’t think it’s a case of starting the infighting as the infighting is constant. When you’re a big party, you have factions. It’s true of the tories and it’s true of Labour. Those factions are always vying for control of the party but I honestly believe a friendly media decide when to report the infighting of whichever party with the intention of benefiting their faction by making them look good, or hard done by. Or of course making an opposing faction look bad. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, FLips said:

As Comrade Houchen says its constant infighting. The one thing that the various groups on the left/centre left/centre hate more than the tories is each other. Real People's Front of Judea vs Judean People's Front (Not under Corbyn obvs) stuff. The Tories do it as well but usually they galvanise those groups together to win the election they face. That is a major part of Rishi's problem this time around, he can't get the various groups to fight their common enemy in Labour and its got so bad that one of the groups has set up its own party in Reform. I'd imagine Labour will self harm less than the Tories during this election campaign, they are just getting it out of the way early. 

3 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

The Tories do it as well but usually they galvanise those groups together to win the election they face

This is something I often say when people argue against proportional representation on the grounds that coalitions don’t work. We pretty much have coalition governments compromising on various bills to appease different groups as it is. Remember that “Five families” bollocks the tories came out with to describe the make up of their party. Having smaller groups making up a coalition wouldn’t be too far removed from what we currently have, and I believe it’ll lead to better politicians as well. 

• Paid Members

I hope, but very much doubt, that Starmer would implement PR if he got in. The Tories would take a hammering if that happened.

Very unlikely to happen, though. The big parties never want to change the system that put them in power.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, deathrey said:

Labours treatment of Diane Abbott is appalling

The treatment of Apsana Begum, another left wing woman of colour, was disgusting too. Siding with her violent husband over her, trying to get her deselected, and forcing her to take a leave of absence due to the stress they were putting her under. Thankfully the protracted court case has put an end to the abuse she faced from her own party

Oh. 

Edited by Keith Houchen