Vince McMahon may actually be done this time [Trigger warning: Sexual Assault]

JNLister

17 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Everything in America, from TV companies to large, influential corporations are run by mega rich, middle aged white men who likely all indulge in the same activity as Vince, if not worse.

Anyone thinking this is the end of WWE is naive. Sure they might lose a few sponsors temporarily but overall the company will continue to print money. 

As mentioned earlier, their share price hasn’t been dented at all really .

I would have thought it would have dropped significantly but no…

Outside of wrestling, do people care ?

20 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Whilst I get your point and fully agree, the copium is there, but there is also a lot of 'Hopium' (if that's a phrase) that HHH has GOT to be involved, from the other side of the fence without any actual evidence to suggest so.

This is pretty nail on the head. There’s a couple of particularly prominent social media accounts absolutely choking to implicate Triple H.

As I said we may never know the true extent of who knew what but being shown some pictures or told some stories probably framed in a way of how “up for anything” this woman was doesn’t automatically drive everyone to the full story of how despicable the treatment and abuse was.

You can know about something while not really knowing everything.

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Browser Brady said:

Inside of this thread, does anyone care?

1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I know this is slightly flippant, but this is actually something I'm grappling with a bit.

I really want to be done with them, but I also really want to watch the Rumble.

24 hours to learn how morally empty I really am. Fun times.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I know this is slightly flippant, but this is actually something I'm grappling with a bit.

I really want to be done with them, but I also really want to watch the Rumble.

24 hours to learn how morally empty I really am. Fun times.

To clarify, I meant about the share prices that Browser Brady keeps dragging into this thread to the interest of absolutely nobody.

2 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Well the share price dropping is probably the biggest indicator of any negative repercussions towards their business at least. 

The fact that it hasn’t dropped is very odd. I guess it means the markets don’t think this a a significant issue for TKO. 

Unless they start losing sponsors which then in turn may impact the share price .

To non-wrestling folks/media, is this actually a significant scandal?

52 minutes ago, Browser Brady said:

People may care from the perspective of 'Oh that's horrible' etc but beyond that I sadly doubt it. Professional wrestling is seen as the lowest form of entertainment in most circles anyway. The general non fans think only idiots or weirdos watch it/enjoy it and it only ever gains mainstream traction for the negative stuff.

Advertisers and decision makers won't care as long as it is seen as a good investment. 

'This company is run by a paedophile and a drug addict, Sir'

'Yes, but is it profitable?". 

• Paid Members

Over the past few days its incredible how many wrestling fans have proven themselves to be utterly incapable of taking anything serious when it involves wrestling.

The number of people joking about the subject or using it as a platform to gain leverage and amplify their deeply ingrained tribal viewpoints is quite depressing.

The wrestling bubble is a fucking appalling place sometimes.

10 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

People may care from the perspective of 'Oh that's horrible' etc but beyond that I sadly doubt it. Professional wrestling is seen as the lowest form of entertainment in most circles anyway. The general non fans think only idiots or weirdos watch it/enjoy it and it only ever gains mainstream traction for the negative stuff.

Advertisers and decision makers won't care as long as it is seen as a good investment. 

'This company is run by a paedophile and a drug addict, Sir'

'Yes, but is it profitable?". 

This seems to be exactly it. Sad but true . I wonder if the Netflix and Rock announcements were expedited to “get ahead” of the bad news or if it was just a  crazy week in terms of timing ???

Edited by Browser Brady

5 minutes ago, Browser Brady said:

Well the share price dropping is probably the biggest indicator of any negative repercussions towards their business at least. 

The fact that it hasn’t dropped is very odd. I guess it means the markets don’t think this a a significant issue for TKO. 

Unless they start losing sponsors which then in turn may impact the share price .

To non-wrestling folks/media, is this actually a significant scandal?

You are right, share price and sponsors is the only way this will make a difference. Slim Jim have walked away and there does seem to be a thought that they knew it was coming so acted accordingly so that the share price wasn’t massively affected. 

Whenever a targeted campaign is underway, it’s usually the sponsors who are pressured, such as those who run ads in a newspaper. The aforementioned News Of The World closed because the advertisers walked away after one scandal (hacking a murdered girls phone) was too much. 

So yes, the only way this’ll have any impact is if advertisers walk away, either on moral grounds / pressure or because people stop watching. The former is more likely to happen than the latter. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

You are right, share price and sponsors is the only way this will make a difference. Slim Jim have walked away and there does seem to be a thought that they knew it was coming so acted accordingly so that the share price wasn’t massively affected. 

Whenever a targeted campaign is underway, it’s usually the sponsors who are pressured, such as those who run ads in a newspaper. The aforementioned News Of The World closed because the advertisers walked away after one scandal (hacking a murdered girls phone) was too much. 

So yes, the only way this’ll have any impact is if advertisers walk away, either on moral grounds / pressure or because people stop watching. The former is more likely to happen than the latter. 

Hopefully David doesn’t pull me up, but I’ve mentioned what actions I took, and a few friends did, after the Ashley news came out. The problem is they have or in the process of making it impossible to avoid giving them money. The easy ways were to stop buying merch or cancelling the Network. Well, in most countries the Network no longer exists as its own app, and if you’re subscribing to Peacock (or Stan in Australia I think has the same set up), you’re not cancelling that because it’s a value add to something you already use.

Same with the Netflix deal and that discourse has been discussed in the other thread. Your subscription is unlikely to be cancelled because they will be showing Raw because you don’t have to watch it, but your sub will in a small way help pay towards the deal. It’s getting hard to avoid putting money towards them, even if it’s by proxy. They have played a blinder.

I did wonder how long it would take for knives to be out for HHH amongst the terminally online.

IF it turns out that he is implicated in this specific scandal then absolutely, his head should be on the chopping block.

Besides that though, if I was TKO he’d be the person I’d be looking to insulate as much as possible.

Yes, he’s married to Vince’s daughter but he was never part of that old Vince clique around which much of the rumours and scandal revolve.

Reading between the lines of the last few years there’s been a power struggle between that old guard and HHH’s new guard who were relegated to NXT for many years during which all this shitc was going down.

We know he’s teetotal, never did the drugs backstage, and seems to have a good relationship with the vast majority of the younger wrestlers both within and without (Luchasaurus not withstanding).

Not than that, he’s shown he’s willing to put the work in to mend fences.  If Hunter can put things right with Punk he can put things right with anyone.

He’s the WWE’s chief creative, main talent relations guy, he’s the acceptable face of the company now.

The WWE can survive the loss of Vince easily now, but I think the loss of HHH would be a far bigger problem, a loss of institutional knowledge that a company like that needs.

• Paid Members

If you're an investor/stock trader, you're probably assuming at this point that Vince McMahon will be getting removed from his position as a result and that that will be enough to satisfy sponsors. So you'd probably also assume the company's revenue isn't dropping much or at all. And even if it did, it's completely overshadowed by the Netflix and other deals. In 2027, even if they don't have a single sponsor, don't sell a single piece of merch, and don't sell a single house show ticket, this company is getting a billion dollars in revenue. That's what's maintaining the stock price.

3 minutes ago, Loki said:

I did wonder how long it would take for knives to be out for HHH amongst the terminally online.

IF it turns out that he is implicated in this specific scandal then absolutely, his head should be on the chopping block.

Besides that though, if I was TKO he’d be the person I’d be looking to insulate as much as possible.

Yes, he’s married to Vince’s daughter but he was never part of that old Vince clique around which much of the rumours and scandal revolve.

When there are only so many WWE Board members still working there it's not exactly a surprise people are wondering what Vince's son-in-law did and didn't know.

39. At all times relevant, “WWE Corporate Officer No. 1” was a high-ranking
employee and Board member at WWE during Ms. Grant’s employment with WWE. WWE
Corporate Officer No. 1 continued to work in high-ranking positions in connection with the
September 12, 2023, merger. This individual is referred to herein as “WWE Corporate Officer
No. 1.”

11 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Hopefully David doesn’t pull me up, but I’ve mentioned what actions I took, and a few friends did, after the Ashley news came out. The problem is they have or in the process of making it impossible to avoid giving them money. The easy ways were to stop buying merch or cancelling the Network. Well, in most countries the Network no longer exists as its own app, and if you’re subscribing to Peacock (or Stan in Australia I think has the same set up), you’re not cancelling that because it’s a value add to something you already use.

Same with the Netflix deal and that discourse has been discussed in the other thread. Your subscription is unlikely to be cancelled because they will be showing Raw because you don’t have to watch it, but your sub will in a small way help pay towards the deal. It’s getting hard to avoid putting money towards them, even if it’s by proxy. They have played a blinder.

As I said earlier, it’s more about what you are comfortable and uncomfortable doing. Them being on Netflix makes it easier to not watch as you won’t be channel hopping and see it. Hopefully the WWE will be exclusive to a certain price bracket, granted your subs will still have added to the pot, but you can avoid paying extra for it.