UFC Charlotte: Rozenstruik vs Almeida - May 13 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To agree with the statement above I am fucking overjoyed that the Anthony Smith vs walker fight was moved from the main event because for some reason I really do like Anthony Smith he's really likeable and that fight was depressing, he just didn't seem right or himself and I was putting it down to coming back to early from the injury.

Main event was pretty exciting for the length it lasted 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Like @Egg Shen said above, the Bryan Battle fight was a real highlight. I didn’t even realise Battle is from Charlotte. I think they should’ve had this open up the main card myself. Even without the benefit of hindsight, it would’ve made more sense than Morono vs Means to have the hometown boy kick off the main card. And then the way the actual fight played out…

image.gif.bd85600ef725039e8598ab725b0ae99f.gif

IMG-1012.jpg

Jesus. 14 seconds into the first round! It’s almost a shame in a way because the way Green came flying out, it could’ve been an absolute dogfight if it went longer. But his aggression bit him in the arse big time here and Battle just walloped him. Quite like watching Battle. That’s a couple of big finishes for him now. Not sure about the new look but the Bleach Blonde Battle era’s off to a good start anyway.

Yeah, im a big fan of Battle. One of those those guys that justifies why TUF still exists, he came off great on the show.

I like the blonde look, it made him look about 10 years younger. He still sounds like Forrest Griffin though.

On 5/14/2023 at 6:23 PM, Egg Shen said:

Not to be a broken record but go watch Brian Battle's fight last night and tell me the UFC needs to stay in the Apex. Just stick these fighters in their hometowns and watch the magic happen. Brilliant.

Yeah, sure, Brian Battle may have had the fans cheering for him, but let's face it, he's not exactly selling out the 18,000-seat Spectrum Centre, is he? I mean, let's get real here. How many of those enthusiastic fans who were cheering for him are actually going to shell out their hard-earned cash to purchase tickets and watch him in action? Now, take a gander at the upcoming card headlined by Dern and Hill. Are you honestly suggesting that it's worth hosting such an event in an arena capable of accommodating around 18,000 spectators?

Let's be frank, it's a lackluster card, riddled with uninspiring matchups. There are literally only two fights on that entire card that have pique my interest, and neither of them is the headliner. I'll probably end up skipping the majority of the bouts, to be honest.

As I've been saying, the UFC seems to have struck a balance in its venue selection. They've transitioned from hosting all of their non-pay-per-view cards in the compact confines of the Apex to a more reasonable arrangement where slightly over 60% of their non-PPV events take place there. It seems like a sensible decision. The Apex is better suited for showcasing promising up-and-coming fighters, while the established and ranked contenders are granted the privilege of performing on the grander stage of numbered pay-per-views or Fight Night events, with a live audience in attendance.

Believe me, if there were substantial profits to be made by holding every single card in front of a live crowd, the UFC would seize that opportunity without a moment's hesitation. They're in the business of making money, after all.

For as long as the Apex remains a theater of this extraordinary spectacle, I shall be there, articulating the case for its existence. My keyboard shall be the instrument through which the profound significance of this battleground is expressed. In the face of naysayers, I shall hold steadfast, extolling the virtues of the Apex and the mesmerizing dance of combat that unfolds within its hallowed confines. For it is here, within these walls, that warriors are made, legends are born, and the indomitable spirit of human endeavor flourishes. Such is the reality that compels me, for as long as the Apex continues to host these battles of the brave.