UFC 288: Sterling vs Cejudo - May 6 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Bruce85 said:

The co-main really was dull, I think both men being injured didn’t help but Belal hasn’t done himself any favours in making people want to see him fight for the belt. 

What Belal has going for him is that the other guy contending for the shot is Colby Covington, and there's plenty of folk out there being very vocal about denying Colby the shot, so they'll all be rallying for Belal.

• Paid Members

Thought the main event was a competitive, but not an enthralling affair. I scored it 48-47 for Sterling as well. I gave Cejudo rounds 3 and 5. Round three primarily because I think he shut down all of Sterling's grappling attempts, and defensive work should be acknowledged more when the offensive work of either person is nothing to write home about. 

It wasn't a very exciting fight, but it was at least all up for grabs at the end. In the co-main that was a different story. Fair play to both men for going through what they were dealing with. Both injured, short notice, five rounds, tough opponent stating at them. But this was a total dullard. Listen, before this fight ever happened, both Belal and Gilbert were way more deserving of the title fight that Colby. But we know what's going on there. The winner of this should at least get the next shot. However, am I looking forward to watching it? Not at all. Having said that, I'm not even a bit looking forward to Edwards/Covington either. That won't deliver in the build up or in the cage in my view. Hopefully Leon manages to channel his title winning KO powers to knock out Colby and then do the Same to Belal. That would do nicely. Then move on to the up and comers. 

Your fella Lopes and Evloev had the fight of the night. This was a lot of fun. Lopes gave him way more than he bargained for it seemed like and both put in a good showing here considering the circumstances. 

Very disappointed to see my boy Drew Dober get flattened like that. Didn't like that at all. I've time for Frevola though, so it could have been worse. Hopefully Frevola continues on this trajectory though and Dober can get back on track next time out. Come on, please book him against Pimblett. . . 

1 minute ago, WeeAl said:

Come on, please book him against Pimblett. . . 

Pimblett has accepted the fight, indicating that he's willing to face Frevola once he's healed up. That doesn't mean the UFC want to book that fight though, of course.