FLips's Sopranos watching thread

FLips

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I've somehow come to nearly the end of Series 3 in maybe record time for me.

Not going to say anything new, still the best, Ralphy is still the biggest piece of shit in the whole thing, Noah the "hasidic homeboy" himself is still possibly the worst character, and it's still the funniest show ever.

"This sounds very gay" makes me die every time.

• Paid Members

You were right about Livia on the second run around. I’m laughing at everything she says this time. She’s just set her house on fire.

”Ma how many times do I gotta tell you that’s not an operator it’s an answering machine”
”oh faaancy faaancy”.

• Paid Members

There’s a four episode stretch during the end of season 2, start of season 3 where you lose Richie Aprile, Big Pussy and you get CGI Livia Soprano and it makes you realise how great the show is at introducing new characters or pushing old ones. 3 mains gone in the blink of an eye and it doesn’t effect the quality at all.

• Members
20 minutes ago, FLips said:

Controversial opinion from my second viewing. Could do without the Melfi rape.

One of The Sopranos accounts ran a poll on this scene the other day, and one of the options was "Too short"

Oooooof madon!!!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, FLips said:

Controversial opinion from my second viewing. Could do without the Melfi rape.

Pretty sure we discussed this earlier in the thread.

It's a horrendous scene and very hard to watch but I think it's absolutely essential to the overarching theme of the entire show.

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Pretty sure we discussed this earlier in the thread.

It's a horrendous scene and very hard to watch but I think it's absolutely essential to the overarching theme of the entire show.

We did and first time around I was of the same opinion I think. Even now I understand the reasoning for it but watching it without the first time shock value I’m seeing it more neutrally and I could do without it.