UFC Vegas: Lewis vs Spivac - Feb 4 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins?   

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, wandshogun09 said:

I’m telling you it’s the old Roy Nelson effect. Fucker’s been catfishing us for weeks. 

Haha true! Has he ever mentioned cutting to 265 in the past? He looks slightly better than usual, so maybe he's just not cutting weight any more. 

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

I’m telling you it’s the old Roy Nelson effect. Fucker’s been catfishing us for weeks. 

it keeps happening😄 

those photoshopped photoes of Andy Ruiz with the six pack have been doing the rounds again recently, and people are still falling for it.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Skipped this as i'm not gonna have time to squeeze it in the next couple of days, but kind of sad to see Derrick Lewis go out with a whimper like that. Just a bad matchup for him.

Aye, I would say it's as bad a loss as he's had. It's one thing to lose a firefight where the only two possibilities could be you either win or lose by a really quick KO such as withe Tuivasa and Pavlovich. This was just a mauling that Spivac could have done whatever he wanted with Lewis. If he felt like just dragging his ass around for 25 minutes, there's not a thing big Derrick could have done about it. 

• Paid Members

The lack of discussion in here says it all really. It wasn’t a good card on paper and it didn’t really surpass those low expectations. The fact it fell on the same night as Fedor’s final fight plus the weird start times didn’t help. But really, the card just offered very little to get excited about. If this had stayed in Korea as originally planned, and had the Zombie’s farewell on top as originally planned, it would’ve been more appealing. Something like Zombie vs Cub Swanson would’ve been perfect. Wasn’t to be.

Spivac just ragdolled Lewis in the main event. I had a feeling it wasn’t gonna end well for the Beast but this was embarrassingly one sided. Spivac gave him absolutely nothing here. Fuck all. Obviously Lewis always has the punchers chance but, like Al said above, this really felt like Spivac could’ve just dragged Lewis about all day.

image.gif.8b59e77c75b833d27986f6680cea8314.gif

Even the end there, it just looked like Lewis had checked out. He rolled right into the arm triangle then didn’t even attempt to fight it, never tried to push the arm or turn to relieve the pressure at all. I love Lewis and I hate the ‘quitter’ talk. Especially from divs like me sat safe at home with neither the intention or capability to do what these guys do. But there’s been so many times where Lewis gives out these distress signals or just outright unravels when a fight starts going bad for him. Apart from the Volkov fight, which was one of the most stunning come from behind wins ever, usually if it starts going tits up, Lewis just goes into his shell. Daniel Cormier made some comments recently that he thought Lewis was on the slide and couldn’t hang at the top level anymore. Lewis got arsey about it during fight week but, as harsh as the quote must’ve sounded to Lewis, I thought DC was on the money. That’s 3 bad losses on the bounce now. And this was so one sided it was ridiculous.

823-C1161-5106-4-FC6-9054-03-E75-EEAB51-

😬 

It’s Heavyweight MMA. You’re only ever a couple of big knockouts away from getting back in the mix. Especially if you’re a popular fighter like Lewis. But I’m struggling to see him stringing those wins together now. He’ll bomb out some of those slugs lower down the rankings but it feels like every time he steps up to this level now, he’s gonna catch another loss. Spivac looked as good as you could’ve expected. It’s hard to rate because I don’t know if it was more a case of Lewis just not being up to it anymore or Spivac just making him look that way. But I quite like Spivac. I don’t see him troubling to top few guys in the division but he’s better than the bulk of the shitehawks in there and he’s just turned 28, he’s a baby by Heavyweight standards. Wonder who Spivac fights now. Maybe they just match him and Blaydes up. Can’t see many being in a rush to fight either at this point so why not chuck them in there together?

Aside from that, the main card was fairly uneventful from what I saw. Even the return of the Korean Superboy fell a bit flat for me. Prelims were slightly better. Was happy to see the old ‘Iron Turtle’ Jun Yong Park pick up the win and a first round finish. Tatsuro Taira remains undefeated a continues to look good as well. Still a long way to go but time’s on his side and you can’t really fault him so far. He hasn’t put a foot wrong yet.

I gave the ‘Road To UFC’ guys a chance and they were decent enough fights. Rinya Nakamura stood out the most with his 33 second knockout.

image.gif.8be32808ed46ad11c955014e600d818a.gif

We never got to see his much talked about wrestling game but he got the job done quick. Early days but this was a fun intro for him. Although I can’t help wonder if he’s gonna fall into that trap of being a strong wrestler who forgets he’s a strong wrestler, falls in love with striking and tries to just knock heads off all the time. It’ll make for exciting viewing but we’ve seen before it can end in tears. Even as short as this fight was, he was lunging in recklessly at times and you can see him being made to pay for that down the road somewhere. Especially with the depth of talent at 135. Should be a really fun addition to that division though. Bantamweight just keeps getting deeper and deeper.

So yeah, wasn’t much of a card. Roll on 284.