TNA… Cross the Line again

garynysmon

10 hours ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

It's funny, a couple of years ago I went scrolling through all the 2009 Superstars on the Network looking for that match, I facepalmed and thought "my memory's terrible!" after I hit up google and saw I was only 2 years off on the date. Then I thought "I hope someone's put it out there in good quality" and got met with that video as my first result!

I'll give WWE permission to take it down when they upload it to the Network.

That’s why you’re the Godfather of Soul

Just finished watching No Surrender. 

Decent enough show. 

Favourite things from the show included Joe Hendry ripping into Moose. 

Got to love PCO. For his age he's in incredible condition to do everything he does. 

Loved the Knockouts Title match. Although I was hoping for Masha Slamovich to win.

The Busted Open Radio live segment was odd however Bully had suckered Dreamer in again and the icing on the cake was dreamer taking a full coffee pot to the face. Not sure I actually want to see a match between the two. Will need to see how it pans out.

• Paid Members

I thought it was the weakest special they’ve done in quite some time, yet still not terrible by any means.

Its not often that I feel this way, but as much as I love Moose he probably has achieved all he will in Impact and could do with a change of scene. He’s a top tier talent in the company but with such a small roster and divisions to compete in, what’s there for him other than continuing to fall down the card? (I hope he takes Sami Callihan with him too…)

With Bully Ray being such a good talker and natural heel I’m enjoying his run, although people who don’t watch the product seem to hate the idea of him being there at all.

But that’s a common thread tbh. I see on Twitter all the time people finding the idea of Barry Horowitz or Kiss Demon appearing on Impact ridiculous and a knock on the company,  like they’re main eventers rather than lower card one-off cameos. 

Like anything (I’m looking at you Danhausen and Orange Cassidy on AEW), if you don’t watch the show semi-regularly and without context then a lot of things won’t make sense.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

I see on Twitter all the time people finding the idea of Barry Horowitz or Kiss Demon appearing on Impact ridiculous and a knock on the company,  like they’re main eventers rather than lower card one-off cameos.

Mordecai was an extra on Dynamite the other week, which is about as random as you can get. It's rare I watch Impact these days and hadn't heard about Barry H or Kiss Demon, so its certainly something I will be checking out and is a good tool to get lapsed people or older fans to check them out. No idea how anyone could actually knock the company for this, maybe in the Dixie days because it would have been a big announcement segment, but not now. 

I guess Alex Shelly's day job has a priority so we see Ace Austin and Chris Bey becoming new World Tag Team Champions this week defeating the MCMG. 

Or simply it could be we put over Bey and Austin as they both have history with the venue?

Bully Ray is honestly amped up this Bully side of him intimidating everyone including the doctor on Dreamers health condition but he went quite sinister wishing Dreamer is okay as Bully would want to make sure he's dead himself. I see Bhupinder is being fed as Bullys in between opponent ahead of the inevitable match with Dreamer?

Knockouts title picture seems interesting with Gisele Shaw now putting herself in the title picture but at the same time Grace still hasn't had her rematch. Seems a lot of built up bitterness between Grace and James that she's willing to give Shaw a shot but not Grace as James already beat Masha Slamovich at the last special.

Did anyone miss the big news story of the week????

Vladimir Koslov was on Impact Wrestling this week in a segment with Santino!

Get the rocket strapped to him he looks amazing and seems charismatic as fuck. Get that belt off the workrate man Josh Alexander. 

Koslov for champ at Bound For Glory please!

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Seems that Impact will be back on Sky TV soon.

It mentions AEW too but I'd have thought their ITV deal would put paid to that?

https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/broadcasting/dazn-launches-uk-and-ireland-linear-channel-on-sky/5180269.article

The AEW deal Dazn have is for most of Europe but not the UK where Fite and ITV have the rights.