TNA… Cross the Line again

garynysmon

• Paid Members
On 1/14/2023 at 1:13 PM, garynysmon said:

A solid show with a decent attendance and hot crowd at Center Stage, I'd suggest it as a great starting point to anyone wanting to give Impact a chance.

I cheated by watching the few Impact's leading in but i'm quite glad I did, Hard to Kill was quality.

Impact Wrestling eh?

Time to post in a forum about actual wrestling again?

Well Impact Wrestling has had a soft spot in my heart as being the alternative show. It's fallen in grace from the dizzying heights of TNA and the big names but it's in its lane and it's so much more enjoyable than anything else. 

Its simplistic booking. It's logical everything makes sense. Things have a good payoff. 

Josh Alexander is brilliant. Tommy Dreamer needs to disappear.

The women's division is my favourite out of all the brands. Impact Wrestling gives women a better platform to showcase themselves. Dangerous and intimidating Kelly Kelly and Masha Slamovich both impress me. The run on the last rodeo actually built up the knockouts title and became main event of a pay per view. 

This week's Impact was pretty good.

How much of a scumbag is Bully Ray? Definitely need to get a match with Mickie. He was defo a creep around Masha Slamovich. I'm so intrigued by what she said back in Russian to Bully. 

Santino is annoying as an authority figure. Not really buying into it. 

Why is Tommy Dreamer still on TV. Please retire!

• 2 weeks later...

Time Machine at the Impact special.

infucking love love love Time Machine and it’s great to see them together 

Time Machine vs Austin, Bey and KENTA

It’ll be the match of the year that about only six of us watch

Spoiler

Also Swinger doing the job to Barry Horowitz

Edited by Butch2000

On 2/18/2023 at 12:10 AM, Merzbow said:

Yes! I love all three of those guys and it's still wild to me that Alex wasn't ever a main event champ somewhere.

The highlight of lockdown was I’d stopped watching wrestling but Inhad to live in work for security and they left some beer for me. One Tuesday I watched NXT one a whim and there was Alex Shelley turning up to team with Kushida. I nearly jizzed everywhere.

If Alex Shelley could have been arsed he could have gone as far as he wanted in wrestling. Or maybe he’s gone as far as he wanted as he couldn’t be doing with wrestling?

• Paid Members

I think it's a case of Shelley's day job being more important to him - he's a physiotherapist, I think? - so only taking bookings that allow him to work around that, rather than being constantly on the road.

I love that he's having something of a career resurgence, though, as he's as good now as he ever was. He also did a lot to put over a lot of young talent in recent years, really putting himself out there to get them bookings and to make sure that his friends were looking out for them on the Indies, as well as doling out a ton of advice over Zoom and DMs - Ben Carter, Lee Moriarty, Nick Wayne and Jordan Oliver are all his boys. As a huge fan of his, I'd love to see Alex Shelley get a big singles push and title win somewhere, but if the trade-off is that he's a good egg looking out for and helping out the next generation, I'll take that gladly.

On 2/20/2023 at 8:51 AM, BomberPat said:

I think it's a case of Shelley's day job being more important to him - he's a physiotherapist, I think? - so only taking bookings that allow him to work around that, rather than being constantly on the road.

I love that he's having something of a career resurgence, though, as he's as good now as he ever was. He also did a lot to put over a lot of young talent in recent years, really putting himself out there to get them bookings and to make sure that his friends were looking out for them on the Indies, as well as doling out a ton of advice over Zoom and DMs - Ben Carter, Lee Moriarty, Nick Wayne and Jordan Oliver are all his boys. As a huge fan of his, I'd love to see Alex Shelley get a big singles push and title win somewhere, but if the trade-off is that he's a good egg looking out for and helping out the next generation, I'll take that gladly.

Aye, same as Crowbar/Devon Storm/Chris Ford on the personal therapy thing, but he’s made it clear several times in the past he just hasn’t liked wrestling and got embittered so wouldn’t even take bookings. It was the whole point of him vs Josh Alexander.

as I type this it’s MCMG vs Gresham and Speedball Mike Bailey on tonight’s show.

Fucking love impact.

Edited by Butch2000

15 minutes ago, Butch2000 said:

as I type this it’s MCMG vs Gresham and Speedball Mike Bailey on tonight’s show.

And it fucking rules. Big recommendation to watch. Under the radar tv classic. Masters vs Mcintyre superstars 2013 levels

also just noticed the channel on YouTube showing Masters vs McIntyre is Cleetusvscopyright.

that’s gotta be my boy who will get his Karate Gi and kicks everyone’s bootys. As I know he loved that match @CleetusVanDamme

Edited by Butch2000

• Paid Members

It's funny, a couple of years ago I went scrolling through all the 2009 Superstars on the Network looking for that match, I facepalmed and thought "my memory's terrible!" after I hit up google and saw I was only 2 years off on the date. Then I thought "I hope someone's put it out there in good quality" and got met with that video as my first result!

I'll give WWE permission to take it down when they upload it to the Network.