TNA… Cross the Line again

garynysmon

• Paid Members

Starting off the year with a bang, the Hard to Kill PPV on Jan 13 has already sold out at Center Stage, Atlanta.

I haven’t watched much Impact, or wrestling in general over the past few weeks due to the World Cup and Christmas, but this card looks a banger.

Full Metal Mayhem for the Impact World Title
Bully Ray vs. Josh Alexander (c)

Career vs. Title Match
Mickie James vs. Knockouts World Champion Jordynne Grace

Impact X-Division Title Match
Black Taurus vs. Trey Miguel (c)

Impact Digital Media Title Match
Moose vs. Joe Hendry (c)

Fatal 4 Way Elimination Match for the Impact World Tag Team Titles
Heath and Rhino vs. Matt Cardona and Brian Myers vs. Chris Bey and Ace Austin vs. NJPW Strong Openweight Tag Team Champions The Motor City Machine Guns (c)

#1 Contender’s Triple Threat
Masha Slamovich vs. Taylor Wilde vs. Deonna Purrazzo
Winner earns a future shot at the Impact Knockouts World Title.

Eddie Edwards vs. Jonathan Gresham

Edited by garynysmon

This should be Impact's big show, going forward. The whole Bound for Glory identity never really caught on as an awkward October fixture back in the day. The Hard to Kill name suits them far more as a company. Get in there right after Christmas when there's fuck all else going on and the 'Rumble hasn't happened yet. 

Looking forward to it.

30 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Lockdown always felt like the biggest deal to me, I know some hate the concept and I can understand but it was like how Halloween Havoc felt bigger than Starcade at times.

Funny you mention that. I believe Eric Bischoff has said a couple of times that in his mind, Halloween Havoc was the big show for WCW, not Starrcade. 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, garynysmon said:

Fatal 4 Way Elimination Match for the Impact World Tag Team Titles
Heath and Rhino vs. Matt Cardona and Brian Myers vs. Chris Bey and Ace Austin vs. NJPW Strong Openweight Tag Team Champions The Motor City Machine Guns (c)

Has Ace Austin joined Bullet Club or have they sacked it off? I'm waaaaaay out of the loop. 

I'd recommend checking out the Mickie James package from the last Impact. Reality in wrestling done right. Just one of the great video packages. Simple, honest storytelling that immediately makes you want to see the human in the match more at the upcoming PPV:

• Paid Members

Aye, brilliant wasn’t it?

Watched last week’s episode for the first time in a while and thought it whizzed by, which is a good sign.

There was clearly some clipping as some entrances were cut out, I assume to allow for the Don West tribute video.

Surprised to see Masha Slamovich lose, but I suppose they’re trying to put over Taylor Wilde in her new gimmick. 

Scott D’amore is involved in too many angles for my liking, despite liking the Bully Ray table segment on the whole. Fair play to Bully, he looks great for 51 and can play the cunt as well as anyone today. I wouldn’t mind him sticking around after putting Josh Alexander over at HTK.

Btw, what a hidden gem Joe Hendry is? 

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Depends on what you are after, the boxing on there can be really good and they've only had a couple of shows on top of the subscription price so far. Its just a case of seeing whats on the schedule, I cancelled my sub over Xmas because there wasn't much on but i'll get back on it in Febraury when it starts picking up again. The PFL being added means ill probably keep it for most of the year, likely means i'll keep tabs on Impact too.

Back on the subject of Impact's PPV, quite liked this poster:

20230113_202729.thumb.jpg.264354e4f39098470c0f9a7aeec8b0f7.jpg