Pete's 2023 Breaking Death News Thread

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

Crash was a cracking magazine.  Always looked forward to the Crash Smash of the month and loved the cover art.

I preferred Sinclair User for content, but Crash definitely had better artwork. I remember a posted they had for Batman (1988) that was all black, grey and dark blue, except for his bright yellow eyes, and it looked awesome, especially as we'd only just taken a step away from the Adam West style.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

I preferred Sinclair User for content, but Crash definitely had better artwork. I remember a posted they had for Batman (1988) that was all black, grey and dark blue, except for his bright yellow eyes, and it looked awesome, especially as we'd only just taken a step away from the Adam West style.

Sinclair user was much better for the more serious and techie side of it.  Also loved Your Sinclair-tended to have the better tapes in the later years.  I had a listing published in Sinclair Programmes once.  Got £15 quid for it and bought a ram-pack.

• Awards Moderator
4 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

jsh8No34dOSYaCY_800.thumb.jpg.d3d183e7495c83ea094e281f26e0e205.jpg

• Paid Members

Gianluca Vialli, 58 years of age. A staple of 90's football. Was always one of my favourites growing up and I had absolutely no idea why, I presume it was his fleeting resemblance to Steve Austin. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12771998/gianluca-vialli-former-italy-and-chelsea-striker-dies-aged-58-after-battle-with-pancreatic-cancer 

I have a Vialli story.

I grew up on the same estate as Andy Myers, who played for Chelsea during the 90s (and won trophies with them too!)

My sister, the biggest Chelsea fan there was, used to go every single week, and often Andy would arrange tickets, balls, shirts etc and was always very kind when he came back to the estate. 

My sister was also incredibly ill when she was younger and would often be in Charing Cross hospital for lengthy periods of time. Vialli was her favourite, so Andy arranged for him to visit my sister when she was in hospital, and he spent a gold few hours with her, making her day/week/month/year. 

He didn't have to do that for some random fan from Isleworth. 

What a legend.