Pete's 2023 Breaking Death News Thread

Gus Mears

FFS.

I'm midway through a rewatch of The Wire so it's horrible to read this as we're enjoying such a fine performance of his.

It's not been mentioned but he is FANTASTIC in Bosch, as another senior po-lice.  He says Bosch's name without ever unlocking his jaw so he always grinds out "DeTECTIVE... BOSCH" with real distaste.  Well worth watching, Amazon Prime's best original series imo and there's a LOT of Reddick in it.

I actually peripherally worked with him a few years ago on Quantum Break, never met him but I edited a load of cutscenes with him in so I have a ton of recordings of his voice on my server somewhere.  He basically always plays the same character, but it's a great character!

• Paid Members

I think it's a genuinely fantastic thing about the internet that we can even know that a member of LRD died! 

Ever since I first got into them, it's been a bit of an ambition of mine to do some kind of long-form project on them - a book, a documentary, a podcast series, something.

• Paid Members

This thread has been a source of hearing about music and musiciansI had never heard of.  Gained a few extras on my Spotify list because of it.

• Awards Moderator

Speaking of which. Composer Christopher Gunning died this week. Among his many bangers include reminder-that-its-Sunday-night theme Poirot. I bet you're humming it in your head right now.

Plus Mr Majeika, Middlemarch, Day of the Triffids and loads of others.

https://www.christopher-gunning.co.uk/film-and-tv-scores/