Pete's 2023 Breaking Death News Thread

Gus Mears

Fucking hell. Just saw this and couldn’t believe it. You know how you know an actor by a character they played? Whenever he was on screen I’d shout “Daniels!!” And my girlfriend would shout “Broyles”. And it would go on for ages. 

Damn man, this is a shock

• Paid Members

This one is gutting. Loved him in The Wire and Bosch especially, but was great in everything you saw him in. I remember finding out his age when he was The Wire and being shocked as he looked much younger, but 60 is of course no age. Horrible. 

I use this gif every so often in Whatsapp groups, but seems very sad now. 

Bosch' And Lance Reddick Gave Us One Of The Best GIFs In History

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64986528

Couldn't decide if this was more apt for the Vintage Bintage thread or here, but nonetheless she did a lot to revolutionise Britain's attitudes to sex and female empowerment 

Met this lovely woman at an event around getting women who were victims of domestic abuse into sustainable work.  The way she spoke to the women who attended was inspiring, no bullshit just good, straight advice on their level.  She followed up on every single one she promised to and as a result most of them got out of the trap they were in and flourished.  Real class act.

• Paid Members

Echoing what everyone's said, such crap news. I've never watched The Wire or Oz but he was fantastic in Fringe - and in everything else. It was a delight to see him pop up in The Guest and I'm going to have such mixed emotions going to see John Wick 4 next week. Superb character actor.

Oh I'm bloody gutted about him. He was in so many things that I loved. He'd absolutely be one of those guys who would make me tune into something just because he was in it. Plus he just seemed such a nice guy in interviews. Really sad about that. So easy to take someone like him for granted. A real sense of consistency.

• Paid Members

Dreadfully sad news about Reddick. To me he'll always be Daniels, but he was usually brilliant when he would turn up in anything. I'm shocked he was even 60, the man aged like a fine wine.