UFC 279: Diaz vs Ferguson - Sep 10 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

OK forget Edwards, Usman and Covington then. 

Honestly, if 185 is next, I’d bloody love to see him rag Strickland about. Not sure how likely that fight would be though, they were training together recently and Strickland was proper sucking up to him. Darren Till did the smart thing palling up to him early on, or they might’ve fed him to Khamzat. Something like the Gastelum fight is probably a good shout. And Gastelum will fight any old fucker. He doesn’t care. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

If its at 185 then I'm all in for Chimaev v Paulo Costa. They had an exchange at the PI last week and there's been some back and forth on social media since. 

Secret Juice for the win. 

That’d work. Although given both their track records, they’d probably be better off just making that an Openweight bout. 

5C898CF4-5571-4703-989F-45BC50443D66.jpeg

38 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Honestly, if 185 is next, I’d bloody love to see him rag Strickland about. Not sure how likely that fight would be though, they were training together recently and Strickland was proper sucking up to him. Darren Till did the smart thing palling up to him early on, or they might’ve fed him to Khamzat. Something like the Gastelum fight is probably a good shout. And Gastelum will fight any old fucker. He doesn’t care. 

Interesting. All weekend ol' Hazmat had been telling all and sundry that it was the doctors who stepped in and forced him to stop cutting weight. 

• Paid Members

Chimaev going back to 185 gives that division an interesting new twist. If Adesanya beats Pereira, it's a fresh potential opponent for him, who is a potential nightmare style matchup for him. Should Pereira win, then he has more options to fight anyway, likely Robert Whittaker. But Chimaev would pose the same problem for him eventually that he would for Israel. 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Gastelum feels like a step backwards. I think Chiamev goes in against anyone top 5 at this point.

• Paid Members
On 9/11/2022 at 6:10 PM, David said:

My star of the night was Chris Barnett. Anyone who didn't see his come from behind win to open the prelims missed out, he's amazing. Such a likeable guy.

Yeah, brilliant stuff. I'm so glad he finally made it to the UFC, for years Barnett was competing over in Korea and whilst I never got to see him fight, there was always be crazy clips of him shared around social media, it's great to see him getting a big spot in the limelight. Great to see him so positive after going through a pretty shit time of it too, legend.

My thoughts are late here, but I was one of the ones who didn't really enjoy Nate/Tony. It was a weird ass fight but I probably should have expected that. It just gave me the same kind of feelings I got watching Nick Diaz and Anderson fight, almost a farcial element to it. I didn't think either guy looked particularly good, Tony continually throwing and turning his back to Diaz was just bizarre. Diaz dicking around in round 3 (which was probably his way of dealing with the leg kicks), it all just left me feeling abit weird about the whole thing. Tony Ferguson is beyond finished as a top level fighter. 

Nate Diaz will roll on though. Nate has a nack of letting any bad situation end up being a positive in his favour and he hit the jackpot with that at 279. I expect him to go on and box Jake Paul (and lose) at some stage next year.