UFC 279: Diaz vs Ferguson - Sep 10 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

I'm howling with laughter and what an absolute shit show this has been. An absurd cancellation of a press release for a bunch of lame drama backstage to not giving a fuck about missing weight and it being cancelled. What a joke.

1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

so we could get:

Diaz vs. Ferguson, Holland vs. Chimaev, Rodriguez vs. Leech.

What a mental old sport it is

I've just realised Holland vs D Rod was scheduled to be at a catch weight of 180lbs

That is ideal for Holland vs Chimaev but it makes D Rod vs Li kind of impossible. Li is 170lbs and D Rod is 180lbs. Surely Li won't accept.

• Paid Members

Now Chimaev vs Holland might not happen either.

I doubt they’d put Chimaev vs Holland above Diaz vs Ferguson. And really, Chimaev doesn’t deserve top billing after all the shite he’s caused. But fuck knows at this point. I read that the one stumbling block in the Nate vs Tony negotiations is the rounds. Nate wants 5 but Tony was training for a 3 rounder. It didn’t sound like it was a huge issue but it’s just one more obstacle. I suppose just whacking Chimaev vs Holland on top would eliminate that but then I can see Nate and maybe Tony whinging about playing second fiddle anyway. It’s such a mess. Maybe they should just throw the 6 of them in there tomorrow and see who’s left standing at the end. Fuck it.

• Paid Members

Jesus Christ, talk about some late drama being added to a fairly soft looking PPV. What in the hell is Chimaev playing at? Like Wand said, he clearly didn't even attempt to get near it so it wasn't a case of the body rejecting the cut or anything. Nate Diaz could be in real danger of seriously hurting himself through laughing too hard. 

• wandshogun09 changed the title to UFC 279: Diaz vs Ferguson - Sep 10 🇺🇸
  • Paid Members
34 minutes ago, weevil said:

If you are recording this show you should probably double check it as late as possible in case they change the title and it messes up the recording.

Good shout actually. I’ve been stung by that before. Just looked and it’s still titled ‘Chimaev vs Diaz’ on the Sky EPG at the moment but no doubt it’ll change at some point today and delete itself from everyone’s planner.

Nate’s not a fan of The Rock’s new gawdy red shoes apparently…

Fuck knows what he’s gonna say tonight if he beats Tony and gets a live microphone in front of him. It’s not like he’s ever been one to toe the company line but even more than usual this week he’s like someone who’s handed in their notice for a job they hate and they’re gonna take the piss on their last week. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

my thoughts exactly:

Love this 🤣

How do we actually see these fights going? It’s the one thing we haven’t really talked much about. Jingliang vs Rodriguez is close to 50/50 for me, especially under the circumstances, but I fancy Rodriguez to take a decision, maybe even a stoppage late. Chimaev should ragdoll Holland. Nate vs Tony is a weird one though. I’m guessing most will be picking Nate because confidence in Ferguson is at an all time low and he’s going up in weight. I’ve picked Diaz on points in the poll myself. But 1) Nate isn’t on the same level as the guys Ferguson has been losing to the last few years. In hype yeah, but as an actual fighter he’s obviously not operating on the same level as Oliveira, Gaethje, Dariush or even Chandler. And 2) even the weight thing, Nate is a blown up 155er who’s mostly gonna stand and trade, block punches with his face and doesn’t have the kind of style where going up to 170 should be such an issue for Tony. It’s certainly a preferable matchup for him than Jingliang would’ve been, in my opinion. I’ll stick with my Nate prediction but it really wouldn’t shock me if Ferguson wins tonight. I don’t think Nate’s got much more left in the tank than Tony does, in all honesty. I’m going with Nate because he’s surely the more durable of the two at this stage and that’s probably gonna be a major factor in a fight like this given both of their styles.

I actually don't think this is a terrible weak card overall. Being honest this shit show situation has made things better because I was completely behind khamzat too win but hated it against nate Diaz so this makes it better for me cos I can get behind both now.

I think khamzat wins by knock out within the first 3 rounds but nate vs Tony I really think is going to be a big heavy brawl for both of them. I would fucking love for nate too get a big win on his way out of the company after being so vocal about how much they mistreated him over the past few years.

But yeah I'm fucking really really excited for this show tonight. Beers and pizza af the ready