Vince McMahon is back. "I hear ya a racist now, father?"

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Your quite right, how stupid of me. I'd forgotten everyone upholds the law both to the letter and in the spirit it is written, especially mad old bastards who think they are above it like Vince. 

Again you are quite right, the share holders ultimately have the power. Out of interest does WWE have a single majority shareholder at all? 

I’m not talking about Vince though am I? I specifically named HHH, Steph and Nick Khan as folk who would have to commit fraud in order to do what you are suggesting. Not to mention all the others in that massive company who would have to go along with it.

And, yes, Vince is the majority shareholder. He’s not the only one though is he? As I said, they are already being sued by shareholders because of these allegations. The share price will almost certainly take a dive because of his retirement and investors will lose money. They aren’t simply going to take that if it turns out he was faking it.

8 minutes ago, unfitfinlay said:

I’m not talking about Vince though am I? I specifically named HHH, Steph and Nick Khan as folk who would have to commit fraud in order to do what you are suggesting. Not to mention all the others in that massive company who would have to go along with it.

I think the way most people imagine Vince still puppeteering things from the behind the scenes is in creative. Spouting his thoughts and ideas directly to those involved, instead of on a podcast like most retired wrestling personalities. 

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

I think the way most people imagine Vince still puppeteering things from the behind the scenes is in creative. Spouting his thoughts and ideas directly to those involved, instead of on a podcast like most retired wrestling personalities. 

No, he's retired from a formal position ergo he'll have zero influence over his daughter, family and friends still there or the company he still holds a major interest in. Meltzer said so. 

This is a company full of people who have clearly known about, and kept hidden, Vince's goings on such is their integrity and moral standing. 

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members

I imagine it'll be like when Ferguson retired as United manager. He'll be there to advise Steph/Tripper during a family dinner/phone call or whatever, but it'll be their decision whether to take his advice or not. 

Just now, jazzygeofferz said:

I imagine it'll be like when Ferguson retired as United manager. He'll be there to advise Steph/Tripper during a family dinner/phone call or whatever, but it'll be their decision whether to take his advice or not. 

Vince watching from the stands?

It beggars belief that people think he’s actually gonna step away. At best his appearance at booking meetings will be reduced to a Zoom presence. At worst El McMahonico debuts Monday night on Raw. 

Edited by thicko

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Vince watching from the stands?

More like sat at home watching, but available on the phone to give some helpful advice if needed. 

He's done.  I think fantasy booking ways that he'll still secretly be the Higher Power are wide of the mark.  He's not gone willingly you have to imagine, he's been forced out by shareholder pressure, the rest of the senior execs and an upcoming legal nightmare.

WWE isn't just one man's plaything any more, it's a multi-million dollar company with huge TV contracts.  He tried clinging on as "just" head of creative but then put himself on tv, which is the last thing USA and others want.  So now he's gone properly.

My best guess is that eventually he'll sell the company on to a media conglomerate, and Steph and HHH will last a few years then be shown the door.  He's Logan Roy but this time I think he's lost the war.

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Does that make Stephanie David Moyes then in this equation?