Vince McMahon is back. "I hear ya a racist now, father?"

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Meltzer, Alverez, Sapp and other media sources are saying he’s done done

Is he still a majority share holder? 

Does his daughter and son in law still hold senior positions? 

Is he still a mad ego driven mental case? 

He has a precedent for "go away until it's gone quiet and we'll bring you back in" with a number of people on his books over the years with sexual misconduct allegations so I stand by my cynicism even if I do it in the hope I'm proven wrong. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

He has a precedent for "go away until it's gone quiet and we'll bring you back in" with a number of people on his books over the years with sexual misconduct allegations so I stand by my cynicism even if I do it in the hope I'm proven wrong. 

And when Vince asks to Nick to let him back in...

MufaScar.thumb.png.bfe371f21bac98f6db87398e68da8c0c.png

probably technically not the right thread for this but I just saw the Titus promo from Raw and it is more successful as a cult leader promo than anything Bray ever did.

genuinely a bit taken aback by all this. knew it was coming and hated Vince for a long time, but still. end of an era. for me and for wrestling being on telly.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Tommy! said:

Yeah I'm with Tommy on this. That majority shareholder thing is pretty massive, he still has final say on the major direction of the company.

That said, if something major is coming out, he might end up having to relinquish those shares. it may end up being a Roman Abramovich situation, give up a load of power in the hope the real stuff isn't stripped off him.

6 hours ago, alanchiz said:

Vince wont know what to do with himself in retirement if he isnt going into the office.

If he isnt in hiding, this will be him next week:

spacer.png

The paralegal(?) that had the affair with Vince and was passed on to Johnny Ace. They first met as she lived in Vince's building or met a party there. Vince then offering her a job. The way Meltzer made it sound the job was a way to cover for the affair from the outset even before the pay rise.

He's going to be kept busy down the gym or consults with his plastic surgeon, and a twenty something looking for a sugar daddy.

I know scrolling through any comment section is going to be a fool's endeavour, but going through one on BT Sport on YouTube is a renewed reminder of how little most people care about the business and how much most have moved on. Nobody seems to be leaving out the details out of Vince's many scandals in some conscious bro solidarity. It's just full of people who think he's a legend because the last time they consistently watched wrestling, he was toasting with Austin in the ring after losing a match to his son a few hours earlier. Allegations? Sure it was there for all to see on screen, but this is bullshit pro wrestling. You don't still watch that, do you? 

7 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

I know scrolling through any comment section is going to be a fool's endeavour, but going through one on BT Sport on YouTube is a renewed reminder of how little most people care about the business and how much most have moved on. Nobody seems to be leaving out the details out of Vince's many scandals in some conscious bro solidarity. It's just full of people who think he's a legend because the last time they consistently watched wrestling, he was toasting with Austin in the ring after losing a match to his son a few hours earlier. Allegations? Sure it was there for all to see on screen, but this is bullshit pro wrestling. You don't still watch that, do you? 

Has the story even received any mainstream coverage in the UK? I imagine if you're a lapsed fan it'd be easy to not even know about the allegations but stumble upon his retirement announcement. 

• Paid Members

Has there ever been a major successful company that had two CEOs at the same time? Only a matter of time before either Khan or Steph goes. I'm sure the rest of WWE won't change much. With how formalized and structured the company is it probably runs itself without much top down direction and the TV has been so generic and dull for so long they could probably replace the writers with a bot and no one would notice.

Dreading to hear what horrendous things are going to come out about Vince in the next week. 

Edited by LaGoosh

12 minutes ago, Vamp said:

Has the story even received any mainstream coverage in the UK? I imagine if you're a lapsed fan it'd be easy to not even know about the allegations but stumble upon his retirement announcement. 

Someone (Benno I think) tweeted that Alvarez was on Radio 5 last night. 

I'm hoping Meltzer makes it on Talksport with Mike Parry myself...

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Tommy! said:

WWE is a publicly traded company though. If they lie about who is in charge then they’d be defrauding the stock market. I can’t imagine HHH and Steph are willing to do time for Vince. Nick Khan definitely won’t.

Even him coming back might be sketchy. They’ve already got one lawsuit from shareholders because of these allegations. If it looks for a second that he’s faked his retirement then they are opening themselves up for more. 

Of course, this is speculating that the new story is something that Vince can ever come back from. He was shrugging off all the horrible stuff he was accused of before. I don’t want to imagine what could be so bad to make him retire so hurriedly.

It’s got to be bad hasn’t it?

He's also a 76 year old man. For all the fun fans make of his perceived immortality, he's been ageing like milk with every TV appearance for awhile now. It wouldn't surprise me to see that accelerate dramatically with him out of the spotlight. 

I don't think he's coming back in any large business capacity again. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, unfitfinlay said:

If they lie about who is in charge then they’d be defrauding the stock market

Your quite right, how stupid of me. I'd forgotten everyone upholds the law both to the letter and in the spirit it is written, especially mad old bastards who think they are above it like Vince. 

3 minutes ago, unfitfinlay said:

WWE is a publicly traded company though

Again you are quite right, the share holders ultimately have the power. Out of interest does WWE have a single majority shareholder at all?