Vince McMahon is back. "I hear ya a racist now, father?"

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Announced on a Friday afternoon, the traditional time/day bad news is released to minimise impact. Question will be has he stepped away or stepped “away” and now run things from a yacht on a Webex call (he ain’t using cheap ass Zoom!)

• Paid Members

At least he's taken to calling him Vince now and not Mr McMahon because he hasn't earned the right. 

I wonder which side of the line Jericho is going to fall, or what idiotic thing he's going to come out with. Mind you, Jesse Ventura put him in his box so he may keep quiet on this one.

Edited by Nick James

• Paid Members

Seems like Lesnar has done a flunk from SmackDown on hearing the news as well. Triple H in charge of talent relations, Vince quitting and Nick Khan becoming joint CEO in the last 24 hours and it feels like its only the beginning of a long weekend. 

The fact he retired in a hastily sent Tweet as well, somethings coming up. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Yeah, me and the lad just said to each other that we reckon it'll be because he's absolutely bang to rights and he knows it.

WSJ are preparing an article for next week. Rumour has it they got wind of what was in it, and Vince had no choice but to run. 

Yeah, this definitely feels like a "getting ahead of the story" move, so that when the shit properly hits the fan next week, they can take the line that "Mr McMahon no longer works for WWE".

Let's be honest, this is the only way this was ever going to end short of his heart exploding in the middle of a Raw.  He's lived his entire life in the public eye, pushing the envelope in the most carny way possible.  Going down in flames as a sex pest is entirely in keeping and none of us is really surprised.

This really changes things for WWE as well, beyond the obvious "no Vince at gorilla".  Dunn will be out in a New York minute, I presume Johnny Ace is gone as well.  The stock price will surely take a tumble when the markets re-open, and the purported sale of WWE is probably on indefinite hold.

How bad will the WSJ story be, I wonder?  Bad enough for USA to cancel the tv?  Stranger things have happened.

Edit: scanning the forum posted below elicited this lovely gif:

stand.gif?w=670

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members

He's still majority share holder and major roles are held by his daughter and son in law unless I've missed something, so how gone he actually is and for how long is still to be seen if it is just intended as a PR move from him until the heat blows over. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

He's still majority share holder and major roles are held by his daughter and son in law unless I've missed something, so how gone he actually is and for how long is still to be seen if it is just intended as a PR move from him until the heat blows over. 

Meltzer, Alverez, Sapp and other media sources are saying he’s done done