Sasha Banks possibly released?

RalphyV2

Lots of stories going round that Sasha Banks has possibly released. If it is true, then it'll be interesting what she does next, but i predict she will do tv or film for a few years 

(not the only site reporting) https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2022/06/sasha-banks-has-reportedly-been-released-by-wwe/

Edited by RalphyV2

She does genuinely seem to love wrestling. She's an absolute fangirl at heart so I'd be very surprised if she didn't end up in AEW. She might need a break to get her motivation back but I'm sure with the right people talking to her she'd be more than happy to go and dominate over there. That roster could definitely do with someone like her but then you get into all the ex-WWE discussion again. To me it's a no-brainer to bring her in and I'm sure everyone would be excited but it is potentially a signing that could cause further commotion internally.

8 minutes ago, RalphyV2 said:

Lots of stories going round that Sasha Banks has possibly released. If it is true, then it'll be interesting what she does next, but i predict she will do tv or film for a few years 

Isn’t it customary to link one of the stories? Otherwise it’s all a bit TILDESCOOPS?

43 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

An on form and motivated Sasha is possibly the best woman in wrestling, AEW's division is beneath her tbh.

I agree the AEW female roster isn't the best, maybe if she goes to AEW it can be in a year or so, time off to rest n do other things. In that timeframe they could have a better roster by then 

If Sasha does go to AEW, i dont agree with keeping it a secret, i would announce it for a PPV and try n get that PPV buy rates in 

• Paid Members

As a woman that's main evented one night of a stupendous two night Mania, Mercedes immediately becomes the biggest star name available to any company outside WWE, and best of all, people that know her from wrestling that will have seen her on the Mandalorian (I don't know.... if there a wrestling/Star Wars fandom crossover.... ?) have already seen her working under her real name, so it won't be particularly jarring when she uses it somewhere else.

Depending if WWE ever trademarked "Boss" for use in wrestling, she's a goldmine if you make her the top star then immediately start pushing pendants, rings, shades etc to little kids. The children of people that bought all her gimmicks in 2016 can now get them too, or at least that's the dream.

It will be disheartening to see her potential go unfulfilled, just as it did in WWE. For which we have only Charlotte to blame.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

To me it's a no-brainer to bring her in and I'm sure everyone would be excited but it is potentially a signing that could cause further commotion internally.

Who cares? Sacha is a proper star and if Thunder Rosa, Britt Baker etc can't handle it then they can fuck off.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Who cares? Sacha is a proper star and if Thunder Rosa, Britt Baker etc can't handle it then they can fuck off.

Not that a petty reaction would be surprising from wrestlers, but I would imagine they'd all welcome the potential exposure of working with a bona fide star with pop culture appeal outside wrestling.

3 hours ago, air_raid said:

Mercedes immediately becomes the biggest star name available to any company outside WWE

Bang on.  Arguably their biggest signing outside of Punk since Moxley (Sting excepted, he's a part timer).

They are sorely in need of some top female talent.  Thunder Rosa came in like dynamite but they seem reluctant to really push her as a main eventer.  Britt is great for them but she's actually not the best in the ring, and her prominence means better wrestlers like Jamie Hayter get underutilized.

They have two/three women's belts and nowhere near enough talent to support them so they have to sign some people up, Sasha Banks would be your no 1 hypothetical pick anyway.

No brainer.  Tony Sniff needs to break out daddy's cheque book.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Imagine the job face when she just gets bunched in with Jade Cargill's baddies. 

Won't be any worse than when, as the hottest new heel under WWE's umbrella, she got thrown in with Naomi who wasn't over yet and Tamina who was, is and always will irredeemably suck.