UFC London: Blaydes vs Aspinall - Jul 23 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

oh, and to moan a little bit more...

Has anyone else had a real fuck full of Bruce Buffer? his actual announcing is fine and he's very much a part of the furniture, but the way he creeps onto the screen as fighter is being announced now, or gets in the face of a fighter as they are being announced just gets on my fucking nerves. Get out of the shot you limelight hogging fuck.

...and the fist bumping, get fucked with that. I'm sure Dan Hardy started that nonsense. Stay in the middle of the cage and do your job you cock.

• Paid Members

All of that and I don’t even like his announcing either. I’ve long felt like he’s just a shit shouty twat and the only reason people worship him as the “voice of the Octagon” is because it’s the way it’s been for so long they don’t know any better.

Bring the G-Man back.

B0-AD5-A3-F-226-E-4913-9998-19122-E2-AF8

“ROYCE GRACIE…………..

…GRACIE!” 

• Paid Members

My Mrs watched Pimblett fight with me Saturday night. Before it started I was telling her how much of dickhead he comes off as. After the post fight promo she looked at me confused and dumbfounded. 

Fuck you, Pabby. 

Went to UFC London at weekend had a hell of a time. We set off 6am Friday morning from Darlington in the North East, so we could get down for the Joanna Jędrzejczyk meet and greet which was 12am. Only took us about 5hrs with a stop off which i was well happy with. The UFC put on a fair few events over the weekend, first up was the Joanna Jędrzejczyk meet and greet at Milroy's in Soho. The que wasn't very long which i was surprised about, within 20mins were were getting our photos with Joanna. What an absolutely nice person Joanna is, very pleasant and chatty i got all star struck and couldn't talk haha but, she engaged with everyone and had time for everyone. It was like she was just getting just as much enjoyment out of the meet and greet as us fans did, every fan also received a signed UFC photo from her as well. Joanna was also nice enough to sign a glove for me as well.

May be an image of 2 people, people standing and indoor

Next we headed to the 02 for the 280 presser and weigh in's, really enjoyed these. The atmosphere for the weigh in was great, the presser was good, thought Charles Oliveira played it safe with the answers to his questions though. After weigh in ended, it was back on the tube to Leon Edwards meet and greet round near Liverpool station. I was shocked at how small, Edwards was, i think Usman will physically dominate him in their title match next month. I hope it doesn't happen, i just feel Usman will be too big and strong for him.

No photo description available.

so, onto the Saturday and it was back on the tube for 12am meet and greet with Michael Chandler. Again i was shocked at how small he was, i was taller than him and am a small ass ha ha. Really nice guy, he also signed a glove for me.

May be an image of 1 person, standing and indoor

We headed over too the 02 for about 4ish, grabbed a five guys before entering the venue. Even the fight pass prelims there was loads of people in, come the actual prelims starting id say the place was 65 to 70% full and the atmosphere was building up nicely. Some of the fights were a bit boring but man the atmosphere in that 02 was wild, have seen Hatton and Warrington fight in them notoriously loud rowdy Manchester and Leeds crowds. But, those atmosphere's don't come close too the one Saturday night i experienced, it was incredible, especially when Paddy won. Most have been about 1000 beers thrown the place erupted.  Gutted for Tommy Aspinall like, i worry with a knee injury he may loose that yard of speed that would give these heavyweights fits but, hopefully he comes back 100% and with the speed.

A few friends messaged me saying they were gutted for me with the way the main event ended, to be fair it didnt spoil what was an incredible weekend. If you ever get the chance to go to the UFC then travel down the day before, do all the events they put on and make a weekend off it, was also brilliant to chat to over fans as well.

Few things i picked up over the weekend, signed photos from Leon Edwards, Joanna Jędrzejczyk & Michael Chandler along with a glove signed by Joanna & another by Chandler. Got an old school UFC logo tee as well. Also got the UFC London event poster which was signed by all the fighters on the show.
May be an image of 2 people

May be an image of 2 people and text that says "UFC FIGH7 NIGHT BLAYDES HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT VS ASPINALL UFC MIDDLEWEIGHT B0 HERMANSSON U.T. VS CURTIS JULY 23 SAT axs TheO2 The ticketmast,"

May be an image of 1 person

Not a good show, at all. This reminded me of the UFC Fight Night in Dublin that ended up being headlined by Paddy Holohan vs Louis Smolka. 

I had some people round to watch and felt it was mostly a poor undercard that was barely holding our interest. I felt mildly embarrassed as I had sold them on it being a stacked card with a red hot crowd. Even with decent enough wins I cant imagine many will be dying to see Diakase, Mokaev or Wood any time soon. 

Main card thoughts:

Its kind of amazing how far Paul Craig has got on submission ability alone. There was nothing behind any of his strikes and it seemed his only strategy was to sit to guard. You cant even really call his double leg entries takedown attempts as he wasnt driving through, he wasnt getting any sort of angle and he wasnt even thinking of switching up to a single, high crotch etc. Tactically it doesnt leave him a lot of options because literally all any decent LHW has to do is not let him work off his back and it takes away his only path to victory (i.e dont fight like Krylov last time and happily sit in his guard unloading strikes.) Oezdemir has never shown himself to be a particularly good wrestler or grappler and he was able to do exactly what he needed to win here. 

(Makwan Amirkhani actually fought similarly on the undercard except his only hope in hell was grabbing any kind of head and arm choke. )

Has there ever been a more obvious PED user in the sport than Hannah Goldy? Her fucking FACE is muscular. She has the classic enlarged viscera ready to explode out of her ripped stomach look as well. She looks and fights more like a crossfit weirdo than a competent MMA fighter. Shite.

Gus is clearly finished as anything resembling a top fighter. Sad to see considering how close he was able to run Jones and DC at one time. Good finish all the same though.

the Hermannson / Curtis fight was terrible stuff. Embarrassing from Curtis to basically get fed up of being able to do nothing and demand Jack stands right in front of him and lets him get his shit in.

And then to top it all off, the non main event.

As polarising as he is, genuinely felt the only must see thing on the entire show was the Pimblett entrance, finish and promo. 

@Egg Shen & @wandshogun09, I love you both but you both deserve to be cancelled for your Buffer comments. The man is a saint.

The show wasn't the best and the main event was obviously a let down, but that is the beauty of the UFC. In boxing, if your main event ends like that, people would riot. In the UFC, I feel it's not so bad as the audience get their moneys worth from the other fights. It's not a one fight show.

I hate to admit but Paddy is kind of warming to me, I hate him saying "lad" every 5 seconds but I liked his post fight interview, he showed a decent side to him.

• Paid Members

Fuck Buffer.

image.gif.a88ffc8b18be7f550116a413972c5465.gif

10 hours ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

Paddy is kind of warming to me, I hate him saying "lad" every 5 seconds but I liked his post fight interview, he showed a decent side to him

And I deserve to be cancelled?! 

DAA359E0-2CDA-4595-A5C6-0E540542871E.gif

Edited by wandshogun09

12 hours ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

In boxing, if your main event ends like that, people would riot. 

I disagree. I always feel violence is more in the air at MMA shows than boxing shows. Far more Johnny Big Potatoes and Two Can Van Dammes at the cagefighting, certainly on a smaller, local level. 

9 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I disagree. I always feel violence is more in the air at MMA shows than boxing shows. Far more Johnny Big Potatoes and Two Can Van Dammes at the cagefighting, certainly on a smaller, local level. 

Sorry, my point was metaphorically, I worded it badly. People would riot/be outraged online/demand refunds etc if it happened in Boxing. With MMA people still feel they get value for money regardless of what happens in the main event most of the time.

On 7/25/2022 at 10:24 PM, wandshogun09 said:

Fuck me.

He's right, you know.

Sure, it won't be as quick a rise to fame and notoriety, but if Paddy continues as he is he'll end up being a huge star. All it's going to take is some savvy matchmaking.

I think he's every bit as charismatic as Conor in his own way, but he seems way less self-destructive, and while he's certainly annoying, he's not a rapey type by the looks of it.

On top of that, he's way more skilled in the actual cage. He has different facets to his game which makes me think he can do more than McGregor managed in the short time he was considered to be in his prime.

• Paid Members

Paddy's on his way. I don't think he'll come close to Conor's level but he's tapping into and appealing to certain fan base that all but guarantees success. He's going to be a Liverpudlian Ricky Hatton-type. 

He's already doing Sky Sports podcasts with Gary Neville and the like. The guy is crossing over in a way few others have, in this country at least.