UFC 276: Adesanya vs Cannonier - Jul 2 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Egg Shen said:

Volkanovski is going to go down at the GOAT at 145lb.

3 wins over Max Fucking Holloway alone would be a difficult accomplishment to beat. Then you add in the wins over Ortega, Zombie, Aldo, Mendes etc. He’s already in the convo. 

62692BC9-4B73-4A46-98A8-41E58B14C884.gif

• Paid Members

Well, this is weird. This might be one of those rare fights where you tune in not to see who's better, but who's more shot.

I reckon Miller wins this one. He doesn't seem to have declined as much.

• Paid Members

Miller’s definitely held up better. They’ve had a similar number of MMA fights but Cerrone’s also had a bunch of Kickboxing bouts on top of that. So just from a miles on the clock standpoint, Cerrone is more shopworn. Then you also factor in that Cerrone’s been stopped 9 times, by KO or TKO in 8 of them and 4 of those stoppage losses came in his last 6 fights. Miller’s only been finished 5 times in 51 pro fights and you have to go back to the submission in the second Charles Oliveira fight in 2018 to find the last example. Miller’s only been stopped twice by strikes as well, once by Dan Hooker and once by…

image.gif.d3ae0e7f0b2ca1318beaaf94092ef02f.gif

Donald Cerrone back in 2014.

Obviously, a lot has happened since then though. Neither are in their prime anymore but Miller’s still getting it done to a certain level. He’s got no business in with a Top 10 guy anymore but he can still hang with other veterans and some of the up and comers. He’s coming off a couple of stoppage wins etc. Cowboy has looked about done for some time to me though. Granted he’s faced more top level opposition than Miller has so the losses and stoppages are gonna become more frequent. But even in his last fight, Alex Morono is solid but pretty average and he still got Cerrone out of there in a round.

The one little x-factor here might be that this fight is taking place at 170lbs. That’ll be because Cerrone just cut down to 155 last week for that failed Lauzon fight so making the cut again 2 weeks later would’ve probably killed him. He looked like utter shite on the scales the first time;

84-AA52-CC-4526-47-D6-A9-D6-3524514-FD44

So it’s probably a wise move to have this at Welterweight. But Miller’s been at 155 for pretty much all of his career so it’ll be interesting to see how he looks. I’m sure at 38 years old he’ll welcome not having to cut that weight for once.

I still fancy Miller to win despite him not being a proper Welterweight. I’ve just got no confidence in Cerrone anymore and Miller’s started having more success with his strikes lately (fucking 17 years into his career!), maybe he’ll have a better dig on him with a bit extra weight on. I hope Miller does win anyway. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

His goal is to fight on UFC 300, which should be roughly around July 2024. He’ll be just about to turn 41. It’s doable. I hope he does it. Would be such a cool piece of trivia if he ends up fighting on UFCs 100, 200 and 300. 

• Paid Members

Normal service has resumed. O’Malley vs Munhoz is back on the PPV where it belongs. 

They can never make up their minds with these bout orders, can they? Always changing them right up until the day of the show. I expect more of this over the next week.