Silly things you do..!

RalphyV2

Just a post about reading about other members seemingly silly habits ! 

one of Mine is when i eat toast, with each bite i take, i stop, look at it, and try and find animal shapes 

• Paid Members

I've said before but I can't mash potatoes without doing a badger from bodger & badger and singing "mash potatoes, mash potatoes mash potatoes"

I'll also say "sorry about that" and imply someone farted when a car or train horn goes off or there's a suitably fart based noise breaking conversation.

Whenever I’m leaving the house I have to check that I have my keys, phone etc and I always do it in a specific order. One of the things in the list is an iPod, something which had for years but haven’t had for at least 6 years, but everyday it still gets checked off otherwise the list doesn’t make sense.

I also have to have the volume on the TV on a even number. I don’t walk into a room and say “that’s on 17, change it”, but if know it’s on an odd number I have to move it up or down by one

Edited by WyattSheepMask

My voice / accent changes depending on who I’m speaking to. It’s almost like I subconsciously do it to sound like the other person as if it puts them at ease. I think Larry King did the same but he hosted a chat show and I’m socially awkward. 

Before I leave the flat I explain to the cat where I am going, how long I'll likely be and what time I'm going to be home. 

Just polite innit? 

Also when I've just got out of the shower, I pretend I'm actually dripping with sweat and am being interviewed after scoring the winner in an FA Cup Final (always the final, never the league) and give my post match interview to the mirror as I'm getting dried.

49 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Before I leave the flat I explain to the cat where I am going, how long I'll likely be and what time I'm going to be.

When I get back after a few I sit on the couch next to him and ask him how his night has been/"Any cat craic?"

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

I've visited this forum pretty much every day for the last 20 years

At least you've never sulked off then signed up again.

Bonus points for calling Neil, chest and or butch a cunt or asking for your account to be deleted on the way out before rejoining.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I also have to have the volume on the TV on a even number. I don’t walk into a room and say “that’s on 18, change it”, but if know it’s on an odd number I have to move it up or down by one

Mutiple of 5 for me. 15 if I'm playing videogames, 20 if I'm watching TV. 25 if I'm watching with Mrs Jazzy

2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

My voice / accent changes depending on who I’m speaking to. It’s almost like I subconsciously do it to sound like the other person as if it puts them at ease. I think Larry King did the same but he hosted a chat show and I’m socially awkward. 

I unconsciously do this. I had a Barnsley accent after a week living in Barnsley for uni, and it was pretty much like that for two years, apart from when I was hanging out with some lads from Newcastle. I picked up a lot of Canadian inflections after a couple of weeks in Vancouver, but the most unusual one I think was over the course of a 15 minute phone conversation with a person from Scotland I could feel my accent slipping into the same one as he was speaking with. When I meet up with a friend who was born in Barnsley but doesn't live there anymore we inevitably end up talking to each other with BArnsley accents, to the point that one of her exes thought there was something going on between us.

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Before I leave the flat I explain to the cat where I am going, how long I'll likely be and what time I'm going to be home. 

Whenever I was looking after my Mum's pub when they had their black labrador I'd put animal documentaries on for him if I would have to go out.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Then 30, then 35, then 40, till she stops her bloody running commentary?

No, it's usually me having to be quiet because I'll have solved whatever procedural crime drama we're watching halfway through. 

Probably a bit bleak, so I apologise in advance butttt my dog was very ill when we rescued her. Similarly, the last few weeks she’s been dealing with suspected degenerative disc disease in her back; up all night in screaming agony.

I’ve learnt that I can’t emotionally handle my dog suffering, and I inexplicably lie down next to her and sing her songs and nursery rhymes whilst stroking her. I’m fully aware of how ridiculous it is, but I seems to calm me… even if she looks at me like an absolute whopper.

Not a current thing but as a teenager I'd lay in bed absently teasing out loose pubes and discarding them down the back of my headboard, as if it were a bottomless pit. Out of sight, out of mind, until a bloke came to check the radiators and, together with my dad, pulled back the bed to find a veritable forest of short and curlies amassed along the skirting board.

Spoiler

I believe there's a compelling metaphor about man's role in climate change or the state of our oceans in this story, but as I don't anticipate sharing a stage with Sir David Attenborough to bestow it upon the world I leave it here in your care.