UFC 275: Teixeira vs Prochazka - Jun 11 🇸🇬

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Glover/Jiri was absolute madness. Really gutted for Glover that he managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory at the end there, but man, what a war. Both men's stock came out as high as ever after that one. I'd full on be in favour of a rematch after that, considering how the division sits. 

I'm very happy that Valentina got the nod, but I certainly didn't score it for her. In the fifth round I was flabbergasted that she wasn't trying to keep it standing in order to get the finish as I couldn't see how she was going to win otherwise. I gave Santos the first three. Not a robbery, as you always hear in these scenarios, as 48-47 either way is fine for any close fight, but the 49-46 was flat out incorrect. 

JJ was clearly in a case of saying "I've got one more crack at this, let's see what we can make happen". The winner was going to get Esparza, due to the disinterest of the UFC to book Rose/Esparza. Joanna will have favoured herself there big time. As will Weili. It's the right time for Joanna to move on now. With two losses to Zhang and two to Rose, she's in a bad spot, and she has other interests in her life. An incredible rebound for Zhang as well, and I fully expect her to beat Esparza now. 

• Paid Members

I can't see anything other than Zhang walking through Esparza in the next fight. I consistently underestimate Esparza, but physicality and athletically speaking the two women just seem on whole different levels. I think Weili smushes here to become two time champ.

• Paid Members

Thing is, if Zhang does beat Esparza, does this potentially turn the Strawweight title into a revolving door? It seems quite clear that Namajunas has Zhang's number, and Esparza has Namajunas' number - we could be faced with the belt becoming a bit of a hot potato.

• Paid Members

Depends. Maybe they’ll go back to MSG around November time like they usually do. Doubt he’d have been on the July 16th card regardless as it’s a Fight Night and they’ll most likely want him on a PPV after a fight like this.

Plus, I’m not even convinced he’ll end his career after his next fight. He was talking about that but that’s when he was still champ. I think his plan was to defend the belt against Jiri, defend it one more time in New York against Jan and retire as champion. This loss has temporarily fucked that up. I suppose if he gets a rematch with Jiri next and wins the belt back, he might still decide to hang ‘em up then. But the way he said in his post-fight interview, something like “Did I look 42 out there? No? Then I’ll fight on”. I think we’ll be seeing a few more fights out of him yet. 

• Paid Members

There's always a chance they'll run it back with Jiri. I'd imagine the UFC would want that with the promise that Glover would complete a trilogy if he was to win though. 

I don't necessarily think that's how they'll go, but considering how close Glover was to winning and that he's such a beloved guy, it could happen.

• Paid Members

I'd love to see the rematch but I feel they're gonna go Jiri/Jan on a European show in the hopes it fires a rocket up the ass for both of them. 

There's also the winner of Smith/Ankalaev to throw into the mix. 205 finally has some interesting stuff going on.