Tyson Fury vs. Dillian Whyte (April 23rd) πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§

Egg Shen

How is it won?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Believe it or not, the first domestic Heavyweight Title Fight in years is taking place in 3 days. Its only making the news for all the wrong reasons, the promotion has been shambolic, there's a Daniel Kinahan sized cloud looming over the whole event and no one is actually talking about the fight, but it's a great fight, and they amazingly sold 94,000 tickets!

1548580438_Fury-Whyteundercard04052022.thumb.jpg.fdf631a64533fed67f7caa204e219244.jpg

Tyson Fury vs. Dillian Whyte - WBC Heavyweight Title

Isaac Lowe vs. Nick Ball - WBC Silver Featherweight Title

Ekow Essuman vs. Darren Tetley - Commenwealth/British Welterweight Title

David Adeleye vs. Chris Healey

Tommy Fury vs. Daniel Bocianski

I wont do a @wandshogun09esque breakdown and build up but I will throw in my two cents.

Im finding it hard to make a prediction, I think Fury wins it but i'm not sure how. I think many think we could see a Fury/Klitschko type fight but i can't see Whyte being lulled into that kind of fight, if that starts to happen id imagine it'll end up being a brawl. If this does turn into an ugly fight, i think Fury may end it late, stopping an exhausted Whyte or taking it on points, but I think there'll be dicey moments along the way.

The undercard was unanimously panned, but its not what anyone is tuning in for. Stadium fights tend to only be about one fight. They could have stuck a good European title fight on as chief support and it would play out to silence, it's all about that main event.

I'll add more as the event comes closer.

It'll cost you Β£25 on BT Box Office.

20220420_121944.thumb.jpg.5d4b940bdf1c035293e2a225ed64de3c.jpg

Edited by Egg Shen

It's hard for me to judge objectively, as this is the first big fight in 5 years where I haven't been working in combat sports and just been engaging with it as a normal fan - if it pops up on my social feed, or on TV, i'll have a look but i'm not actively living it every day.

It definitely feels like there's been very little buzz, and I don't know how much of that is down to Dillian not engaging or BT not having the same level of experience activating around these uber events.

Β 

• Paid Members

Its probably a combination of everything. Dillian refusing to take part feels like a direct dig at Frank and Queensbury to me rather than anything to do with Tyson.Β 

Im hoping it ramps up abit in the next two days just to get that extra bit of buzz going. Can't wait though.

Oh, and Dillian made it to London.

Β 

8 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I’ve gone with Fury by decision in the end but I wouldn’t be surprised if Whyte pulls off the upset.

Really? I think Whyte winning would be very surprising. Fury should win this quite handily in the later stages of the fight.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, David said:

Really? I think Whyte winning would be very surprising. Fury should win this quite handily in the later stages of the fight.

Yeah, if it goes long you have to favour Fury, despite Whyte having a pretty good record down the stretch. Fury's sheer size and physicality will wear anyone down if its a gruelling fight.

I do wonder if Whyte's body attack will play any kind of factor. Tyson's never been in with anyone close to the quality of body puncher as Whyte. Could be something to look out for.

15 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Yeah, if it goes long you have to favour Fury, despite Whyte having a pretty good record down the stretch. Fury's sheer size and physicality will wear anyone down if its a gruelling fight.

I do wonder if Whyte's body attack will play any kind of factor. Tyson's never been in with anyone close to the quality of body puncher as Whyte. Could be something to look out for.

Especially as we saw that was Wilders gameplan till it went to shit obviously and he reverted to type. But if I rememeber correctly those body shots were giving Fury problems in the early couple of rounds.Β 

Still think the big man wins but will be interesting to to see what effect the body shots have.Β 

The main issue is always whether Tyson has finally beat himself through under preparation. I'm past the point of writing him off as it seems like every fight is dominated with talk of 'he looks fatter this time', so I see a fairly comfortable Tyson KO win.

That said, Dillian looks in great shape. He seems focused. He may have the psychological edge as, realistically, this entire promotion has been done on his terms despite him being the 'B-Side'. Tyson at his best beats him easily, I think, but I wouldn't want to take a guess at what percentage Tyson could come in under his best and still be safe.

Nothing really surprises me in boxing anymore, so if Dillian wins i'm going to be completely shocked. But, the stage IS set for a triumphant Tyson homecoming.

I reckon it's going to be absolute hell in the venue though. Carnage, chaos everywhere.

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

The big news about this card is Tommy Fury fighting someone with a winning record.Β 

Overstated, that.

I'd say it's more common than not for someone at 5, 6 or 7-0 to still be fighting fighters with losing records. It's just that usually you get to do it on untelevised undercards. But Tommy's profile meant he had to be on TV from an early age and then covid happened, when everyone was on TV.

I reckon this 10-1 guy is likely to be more shit than the journeymen he's faced so far, as the only earthly reason you take someone with that record is if you know he's an absolute plum.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I think they had to find someone with a winning record based off the backlash he gets after every fight. Even if he's a shit 10-1 though it serves its purpose, most people watching will feel its a decent guy if he's got that record.Β 

I'd like to see Tommy look good and call out Jake Paul post fight though, I think that thing still has legs.

Adding the Essuman/Tetley fight late added some weight to the undercard though, i'll probably tune in early and watch the whole thing.