UFC Vegas: Lemos vs Andrade - Apr 23 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

When is the last time that happened? 4/5 fights on the main card, finishing in submissions? In the first round no less? The knee bar from Puelles was a thing of beauty. I'll be keeping an eye on that fella now. 

The Mike perry fight was yet another spectacle for all the wrong reasons, that lad will not learn.

The spin kick to the dick was truly brutal but then he lay there talking fine on the mat for so long the commentary team were calling him out on it.

However that eye gouge was fucking disgusting, he had 2 fingers deep in his eye socket so I actually felt fucking bad for perry.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Kfogg1991 said:

The Mike perry fight was yet another spectacle for all the wrong reasons, that lad will not learn.

The spin kick to the dick was truly brutal but then he lay there talking fine on the mat for so long the commentary team were calling him out on it.

However that eye gouge was fucking disgusting, he had 2 fingers deep in his eye socket so I actually felt fucking bad for perry.

You mean Mike Jackson? Mike Perry fought April 10 (although I must admit I thought he'd been cut by the UFC by now)

• Paid Members

Well I didn’t really expect Andrade vs Lemos to go like that. Thought it’d just be a slugfest and, I’m not gonna lie, that’s what I was hoping for. But Andrade played it smart and got the quick sub.

E8-E92755-C09-C-4-B2-A-8-F04-412-F53-D06

Probably the last thing Lemos was expecting to have to defend against in this fight as well. The old element of surprise. Liked this from Andrade. She’s shown in past fights that she’s got some strong grappling and she is a BJJ black-belt. Just most of the time in recent years she’s opted to bang it out. First standing arm triangle finish in UFC history as well. Not bad going. Don’t know what’s next for Andrade. She’s pretty much fought everyone already but I suppose now she’s back at Strawweight there’s probably some fresh matchups again. Marina Rodriguez would be a good fight.

Claudio Puelles! Fucking hell. He’s a name I was vaguely familiar with but was never on my radar. Looking him up for the opening post here I noticed he had a few kneebar finishes on his record and here he was pulling out another one.

image.gif.46277d013f33d35a5da94ec6ed5e5d22.gif

Beautiful. Fast as fuck as well. If you didn’t see it, that gif is slowed down and really doesn’t do justice to how quick Puelles slapped it on. He’s like the Rousimar Palhares of kneebars. Except he actually lets go when they tap! He’s definitely got everyone’s attention now. I know Guida’s long in the tooth now but he’s one of the most experienced guys in the lighter weight classes currently on the UFC roster, Puelles catching him like that was impressive. Especially because Guida would’ve done his homework and been well aware he’s a leg lock guy, yet he still couldn’t stop it. Interested to see where Puelles goes from here. That’s 5 wins in a row now and he’s also the only man to beat Jordan Leavitt so far. Still a bunch of questions on him but he could be a bit of a darkhorse at 155.

Maycee Barber vs Montana De La Rosa didn’t do much for me. It started OK, I actually enjoyed the first round. But it just kind of stayed the same throughout the second and third. I felt like Barber probably could’ve forced a stoppage if she upped the aggression later on but she seemed content to hang out in the clinch for a lot of it. Not a bad fight just didn’t catch fire.

Charles Jourdain got probably the best win of his UFC career to date. Lando started well with the big takedown but Jourdain was all over him after he stunned him with that flash knockdown. Literally choked him out of his shorts.

image.gif.b6d4b45f3289fb5c4e5e6e35596726b7.gif

Liked the Barboza callout after. I’d be all over that fight.

Even Marc-Andre Barriault, who I usually find dull, had a quick and decisive showing on this one. I groaned when I saw he was opening up the main card but he got the quick guillotine finish over Jordan Wright.

Sergey Khandozhko vs Dwight Grant was a fun little scrap. Didn’t expect much from it really, especially given Khandozhko’s inactivity, but they both went for it and Khandozhko got the finish.

Was happy to see Tyson Pedro back with a win after that horrific run of injuries and the massive layoff. Seems a good guy but you never know how a fighter is gonna come back from that. But they rightly matched him up sensibly here for his first fight in years and he brutalised poor Ike Villanueva.

image.gif.3dad108a9c90cda048cad20be760c21f.gif

Actually felt a bit sorry for him, those leg kicks were killing him every time. Miserable. I like Pedro but I still don’t think he goes too far in the division. He’s an alright mid-tier guy and nothing more, I reckon. Still be some entertaining fights to plonk him in though. Just off the top of my head, Johnny Walker would be a fun matchup.

Aori Qileng absolutely battered Cameron Else. Thought he looked really good here. That prelim war with Jeff Molina last year already made me a fan, then he busts this out…

image.gif.cdb50db69a40f2810d0a5a172a9a4d59.gif

Definitely gonna be checking for his fights every time going forward.

The Mike Jackson vs Dean Barry fight was arse even before all the controversy. Just a mess. I don’t know what Jackson’s been doing in the nearly 4 years since that epic with CM Punk but it doesn’t appear he’s improved much. And to be honest, I wasn’t impressed with Barry either. All I saw from him was winging sloppy haymakers, a spin kick to the cock, and this…

87-E521-E8-770-B-4-AEF-997-E-DAC4-E755-B

A blatant eye gouge that was up there with, but just behind, Priscila Cachoeira’s against Gillian Robertson a few months back for me. He hasn’t done himself any favours since Saturday night either. He was accusing Jackson of “looking for an easy way out”. Even if that was true or you thought Jackson was milking it, I love the logic that it’s his fault and that he should just keep getting fouled and not complain. Apparently he’s deactivated, reactivated and deactivated his Twitter a bunch of times as well because of people giving him shite about it. None of it’s a good look and this bollocks shouldn’t have been on a UFC card in 2022 anyway. They’ll probably do a rematch now but I honestly wouldn’t give a cack if they just showed them both the door.

But yeah, really enjoyable show. For a card that was pretty fucking weak on paper, it overdelivered. Shame the Romanov fight got cancelled but they’ve rebooked it for this weekend’s card now. 

• Paid Members

Can’t remember where Pedro would’ve been ranked at the time but he’d just lost back-to-back fights against OSP and Shogun so I can’t imagine he was too high in the rankings. Looking back over his record, he started really well in the UFC with a couple of first round finishes over Khalil Rountree and Paul Craig but then went 1-3 in his last few fights before the big layoff.

On a completely unrelated subject, since I’m here…

😂