Brand wars

scratchdj

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I would always rank Coca Cola over Pepsi, Walkers over Golden Wonder and WWF over WCW.

No we’re spoilt with choice and almost every supermarket has their own brand of pretty much anything, what’s your signature brand for things?

Nowadays, Coke tastes more and more like fizzy brown water to me and I’m still not a huge fan of Pepsi. Aldi Vive Cola is proper good stuff, though, especially from a tin. At £1.25 for 6, it’s now my daily cola of choice and pisses all over the big brands.

Washing powder - we use the big boxes of Bold powder. Clothes come out soft and as my football team tell me on a Monday, the kit smells “well nice.”

Mayo - I’ll literally take anything that isn’t reduced fat. It’s surprising how much variation there is in Mayo tastes, but I like them all. If I had to pick, Heinz is especially lovely.

Fast food - Burger King by a huge margin. McDonalds is pretty shit and always has been.

Ketchup - Co-op own brand. It’s just lush.

Trainers - Adidas are always well comfy, Nike hardly ever.

Lime cordial - Roses.

What should we all be buying?

Edited by scratchdj

58 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

I would always rank Coca Cola over Pepsi, Walkers over Golden Wonder and WWF over WCW.

No we’re spoilt with choice and almost every supermarket has their own brand of pretty much anything, what’s your signature brand for things?

Nowadays, Coke tastes more and more like fizzy brown water to me and I’m still not a huge fan of Pepsi. Aldi Vive Cola is proper good stuff, though, especially from a tin. At £1.25 for 6, it’s now my daily cola of choice and pisses all over the big brands.

Washing powder - we use the big boxes of Bold powder. Clothes come out soft and as my football team tell me on a Monday, the kit smells “well nice.”

Mayo - I’ll literally take anything that isn’t reduced fat. It’s surprising how much variation there is in Mayo tastes, but I like them all. If I had to pick, Heinz is especially lovely.

Fast food - Burger King by a huge margin. McDonalds is pretty shit and always has been.

Ketchup - Co-op own brand. It’s just lush.

Trainers - Adidas are always well comfy, Nike hardly ever.

Lime cordial - Roses.

What should we all be buying?

Burger King milk shakes are awesome, thick like the 90s McDonald's ones. Their food is expensive and yeah McDonald's is pretty shitty. 

I quite like Reebok, mainly pump, trainers but don't know what they will be like now Adidas sold them. Like Adidas too. Nike feel cheap but they cost more. I feel the same about Adidas training wear too. 

Co-op sausages, I actually like a lot of coop own brand stuff. I think they have improved. Also their own brand Penguins, called Emporer bars, are better than penguin. 

Orange cordial, sainsbury's own brand. 

Me and my 12yo have this running joke about people working for Pepsi and how they'll always be the second best (priest) and they get really down when they have to present their sales figures. Not very funny when written down tbf.

Ben and Jerry's over Haagen Dazs.

Hummel over everything.

Branston beans over Heinz.

Morrisons Toucan bars are better than Penguin bars.

• Awards Moderator
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

Ah sorry, Hummel is a sports brand. The most superior of all time, but only to football shirt nonces. 

I love it. 

Ah OK. I did Google it but only read about a cow with no antlers and an unsavoury urban dictionary entry. They need to work on their SEO. 

Edited by Onyx2

Aldi over Lidl. I find there's such a difference in quality and choice between the two although, the latter does have the bakery.

Aldi is just more pleasant to shop in too, I think they've done up all their stores and they look so much nicer.

• Paid Members

Shocked at the pelters McDonalds is getting. I’d eat with the clown over the king any day of the week. 

Milka over Cadbury’s. The local shop has loads of foreign chocolate and sweets and gets in all these random Milka bars. Every time I go in there I buy a different one and keep the same order, I’ve no idea what number rotation I’m on now 

I like Aldi’s knockoffs of Mars, Snickers and Twix, also their version of Red Bull is a lot smoother tasting than RB but if I’m going for a supermarket brand energy drink it’s Tesco’s Blue Spark all day long

Lidl’s bakery is really good though, I’m partial to their giant pretzels, right blend of soft, chewy and salty and only 39p

I think it's Lidl (but might be Aldi - they could at least use different colour schemes) that does a far superior version of the Tunnocks caramel wafer bar.

I feel I could have better prepared you for this life-changing information, but at the same time, can't be bothered.