Wrestling podcasts 2023

hallicks

3 hours ago, Tommy! said:

My apologies if I've missed it skimming through the thread but I think former poster NEWM does a podcast, can anyone tell me the name? 

He works for WhatCulture and does their review podcasts. He's Michael Hamflet and he's excellent. The other regular analyst, Sidgwick veers too often into juvenile obnoxious stropping for my tastes though.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

He works for WhatCulture and does their review podcasts

Fantastic, I'd started listening to Cultaholic, which is still quite good from what I've listened to, but thought I'd got it wrong somewhere. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Tommy! said:

My apologies if I've missed it skimming through the thread but I think former poster NEWM does a podcast, can anyone tell me the name? 

Yep, he's on most of their review pods for all of the main shows. Genuinely brilliant - the rationales behind his analysis are always really well thought out and articulated. He's started doing a few more on-camera appearances as well for their news videos. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I'm surprised that Sean has held out for this long, recently he was giving away his shows for free on YouTube and now he's getting into podcasts. They must have killed the shoot interview market a while back.

Yeah, I loved most of the KC stuff but the pure volume of wrestling podcasts killed off his business model really. I don't think a podcast is anywhere near as good as most of his interviews, but when they're all for free (with Conrad Thompson releasing a new one every day it seems), its a different matter.

I could listen to Kevin Nash all day.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
On 5/19/2022 at 10:23 PM, Merzbow said:

I'm surprised that Sean has held out for this long, recently he was giving away his shows for free on YouTube and now he's getting into podcasts. They must have killed the shoot interview market a while back.

He had a podcast a couple of years ago called Kafabe. Was a mixure of interviews and reflections on KC. Had its moments but Oliver's heart never seemed to be into it.

Given he goes out his way to not bury people on other peoples podcasts, and he has a low tolerance for arseholes, can’t see him and Conrad having a lotta chemistry 

• Paid Members

Conrad's involvement is really putting me off the Regal podcast idea, but I'm just hoping that Regal's the only man alive who can talk for long enough to not let Conrad get a word in edgeways. I'm also hoping that if they talk about a lot of old British stuff, Conrad will keep his mouth shut more than he does with Jarrett, because he won't be coming in with as many ideas of his own.