Wrestling podcasts 2022

hallicks

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tommy! said:

My apologies if I've missed it skimming through the thread but I think former poster NEWM does a podcast, can anyone tell me the name? 

He works for WhatCulture and does their review podcasts. He's Michael Hamflet and he's excellent. The other regular analyst, Sidgwick veers too often into juvenile obnoxious stropping for my tastes though.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

He works for WhatCulture and does their review podcasts

Fantastic, I'd started listening to Cultaholic, which is still quite good from what I've listened to, but thought I'd got it wrong somewhere. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Tommy! said:

My apologies if I've missed it skimming through the thread but I think former poster NEWM does a podcast, can anyone tell me the name? 

Yep, he's on most of their review pods for all of the main shows. Genuinely brilliant - the rationales behind his analysis are always really well thought out and articulated. He's started doing a few more on-camera appearances as well for their news videos. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I'm surprised that Sean has held out for this long, recently he was giving away his shows for free on YouTube and now he's getting into podcasts. They must have killed the shoot interview market a while back.

Yeah, I loved most of the KC stuff but the pure volume of wrestling podcasts killed off his business model really. I don't think a podcast is anywhere near as good as most of his interviews, but when they're all for free (with Conrad Thompson releasing a new one every day it seems), its a different matter.

I could listen to Kevin Nash all day.

Edited by garynysmon

A dedicated Nash podcast? 

That I don't have to endure Chummy Conrad to listen to? 

Nice one. 

• Paid Members
On 5/19/2022 at 10:23 PM, Merzbow said:

I'm surprised that Sean has held out for this long, recently he was giving away his shows for free on YouTube and now he's getting into podcasts. They must have killed the shoot interview market a while back.

He had a podcast a couple of years ago called Kafabe. Was a mixure of interviews and reflections on KC. Had its moments but Oliver's heart never seemed to be into it.

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/william-regals-gentleman-villian-podcast-to-release-very-soon

William Regal‚Äôs new podcast ‚ÄėGentleman Villain‚Äô will premiere next week.

Earlier this year, Regal confirmed that he was working on a podcast that will see him bring his unique expertise in wrestling to the podcasting world.

Regal took to Twitter to confirm the show will premiere on Thursday, June 2, under Conrad Thompson’s AdFreeShows.com banner and the Podcast Heat Network.

The show will air each Thursday.

A synopsis from Apple podcasts reads as follows:

‚ÄúThe ‚ÄúGentleman Villain‚ÄĚ William Regal will be featured in what is sure to be one of the most talked about wrestling podcasts in the world. Regal, originally from Blackpool, England, will share stories of his teenage years, spent traveling the roads of his native United Kingdom, wrestling fellow wrestlers, as well as strangers from out of the crowd, as part of a touring carnival act.

‚ÄúRegal & Thompson will also talk about his days traveling the world and winning championships in Europe, the Middle East and Japan, before his career brought him to the big stages of WCW and WWE where he won numerous championships and accolades. Another topic will be Regal‚Äôs run as the General Manager of Raw and his time as the General Manager of NXT where he helped develop the next generation of wrestling superstars.‚ÄĚ

Regal was released from WWE earlier this year and now works as part of the Blackpool Combat Club in AEW.

Edited by RalphyV2