UFC London: Volkov vs Aspinall - Mar 19 šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æ

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
On 3/16/2022 at 11:08 PM, Egg Shen said:

Wood/Morales is off...

Ā 

You have to feel for the guy. Rehabs a hand injury, goes through a camp and (based on some earlier photos this week) had done a load of work to get his weight on point ... only to be denied a home fight through no fault of his own.

Edit: I mean, just look at the bloke:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbIxH5WjNEy/

n.png.69d8c1f54cb365f64bdf4ffc1ef309bd.png

Edited by Chunk

• Paid Members

Yeah, theyā€™re looking to rebook the Vince Morales fight for a later date. Morales was already the replacement for Liudvik Sholinian so itā€™s understandable why they decided to just take Wood off the card altogether rather than scramble for another replacement on a couple of days notice. Still must be a massive pisser though. Especially after how long heā€™s been out of action as well.

FE28F109-67B3-4AAD-95DF-15CC7BC29C86.jpeg

• Paid Members

It passed over my head that Hooker was moving down to 145. Not sure I like this move for him. I understand why he's done it, it's a fresh start again. It's not as if it's an easier division though. It's apples and oranges, they are the two deepest divisions in the sport, so being where your body is most comfortable would be priority number one for me if I was in his spot. If one division was clearly weaker it's an easier decision to make - to do the harder cut. I like him, so I hope it works out. I still favour him in this fight too, so hopefully he gets the W and is off to a good start.Ā 

I'm actually really looking forward to this card today.Ā 

The fact it's the first show in years that starts early for us is a Brucey bonus.Ā 

The main card is pretty fucking good and even the prelims are fairly stacked too.Ā 

It sucks slightly that the main card will be clashing with the hall vs the mountain fight but I'll watch that after this has finished.

I'm going with volkov to win and hooker for main and Co main

• Paid Members

My feeling on the main event have swung as the week's gone on. I was fully on board with Aspinall, it all feels like the perfect set up for him, but in thinking that im completely discrediting Volkov.

Just too many unknowns here. Aspinall is almost certain to meet resistance here, and until now his UFC career he's been unscathed, if anything, too easy. Volkov fights regularly go long too and Aspinall's barely been out of the first round. Chuck in the audience and the adrenaline involved, we could realistically see Aspinall fall to bits if this goes past a round. I want Aspinall to win, but my official pick isĀ Volkov TKO round 3.

• Paid Members

Yeah Iā€™m really unsure about it. Volkov doesnā€™t always look great but when heā€™s on heā€™s a handful. If heā€™s anything like the version we saw against Overeem last year then Aspinall might have serious issues. Volkovā€™s experience advantage is massive as well. In the length of his fights as you say, plus the overall level of opposition and just the sheer number of fights heā€™s had. This will be his 44th pro MMA fight tonight. Heā€™s had more finishes than Aspinallā€™s had fights. Volkov has 25 finishes. Aspinallā€™s had 13 fights. Then add in Volkovā€™s been in main events a few times, gone 5 rounds, had to come back from adversity to stop Werdum, was handing Derrick Lewis his arse before getting caught at the end. Plus heā€™s the bigger man, weā€™ve never seen Aspinall really at a size disadvantage in there, I donā€™t think.

So yeah, Aspinallā€™s up against it here. Thereā€™s a lot of questions on him and on paper Volkov is equipped to ask all of them in there tonight. Maybe Aspinall will rise to the occasion and thisā€™ll be his big coming out party but Iā€™ve not been confident about it ever since it was announced. I like that everyoneā€™s getting behind Aspinall and many are predicting a bright future for him but heā€™s had it all his own way so far. Weā€™ll see how he does when his chin is tested, his cardio, his wrestling, how he handles getting cut or rocked etc. He looks promising but some of the talk on him as a future champ and stuff is way premature. I hope he gets there but thereā€™s so much we havenā€™t seen yet. And watch how quick all these supporters turn on him if/whenever he does lose. MMA fans are fickle fucks.Ā 

Oh and some of them nicknames in that video. ā€˜Terminal Tomā€™? Fucking ā€˜Cropper The Chopper?ā€™ šŸ¤£ Theyā€™re up there with the WWF coming up with ā€˜Fang McFrostā€™ for Steve Austin and ā€˜Ear Manā€™ for Mankind in 1995.Ā 

Edited by wandshogun09