UFC 272: Covington vs Masvidal - Mar 5 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Not the first time either. It wasn’t from behind but that time when he swung on Leon Edwards backstage was celebrated by the vast majority of MMA fans as if it was some kind of actual win over Edwards, and led to all that rancid ‘gangsta’ talk and the cringey “3-piece and a soda” shit that’s been milked for the 3 years since. When really, it was another sucker punch. Walked up with his hands behind his back then throws punches knowing full well that the bunch of people around them are gonna jump in before Leon can do anything back. It was pathetic but, to go all Les Dennis on Family Fortunes, if you asked 100 MMA fans who came off as the fucking loser in that situation, the survey would say it was Edwards who looked like a bitch. I wish their fight in December would’ve went ahead. The tears of all the plastic gangstas would’ve been delicious when Leon inevitably 50-45ed the fuck out of him en route to a dull lopsided decision.

For probably the first time ever I actually kind of rooted for Masvidal to win this fight with Covington and he’s still managed to come off as such a bellend.

37 years old, this pillock.

B82B858E-A000-4B2F-9CC6-B6E41767B07E.jpeg

It seems Covington is going ahead with pressing charges on this, which could spell problems for Masvidal. You have to think he assumed Covington wouldn't go down this route, which is mental. 

Masvidal was taken into custody late Wednesday night on aggravated battery with a mask and criminal mischief charges before being released on $15,000 bond.

The criminal mischief charge stems from the damage done to Covington’s watch, which is considered a third-degree felony in Florida because the damage was over $1,000.

According to police, Masvidal has injuries on his right hand and knuckles, including stitches that were photographed for evidence.

If convicted of the current charges, Masvidal could face significant time behind bars, including up to a 15-year prison sentence for aggravated battery, which is considered a second-degree felony in Florida.

Formal charges are expected to be filed by prosecutors and then a court date will be assigned to Masvidal as proceedings move forward in the criminal case.

Edited by David

• Paid Members

No fan of Masvidal at all, and I hope he faces consequences for the shit he peddles, but...fucking hell. Florida's such a typical Southern Yank state - third-degree felony for damaging property, 15 years jail time for assault, in a state where you can shoot someone if you just claim you were "standing your ground". Property and money better legislated for than actual life.

The sooner that bloated, sleazy "civilisation" collapses into its own filth, the better.

2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Has Khabib said something like fighters should refuse to fight Covington in future because he went to the police? That’s a fucking daft thing to say if true. 

His quote is that Colby was fair game because he mentioned Masvidal's family. But let's be honest, Masvidal is hardly the bastion of civility, is he?

Covington said: 

Maritza Collado is still legally married to the Gamebred. He also claimed that Maritza is the real mother of Masvidal's kids, adding that BMF’s marriage to ex-wife Iman Kawa was a lie. “The mother of his children and his wife that is still on the marriage certificate today - they're not divorced yet - is Maritza Collado... Maritza Masvidal,” Colby Covington said. 

Afterwards, Covington sat down with Helen Yee, where he called Masvidal a liar and claimed that Gamebred cheated on his wife Maritza and has been lying to his kids about their mother.  "He’s a piece-of-s*** person. He cheated on his wife; he cheated on his kids. He lies to his kids. He’s just not a good person. So I want to expose him in front of the whole world,” Covington told Helen Yee via Heavy. 

Covington isn't an innocent party in any of this. No one denies that he deserves a smack in the mouth, but for me, Poundshop Scarface had almost 30 minutes to do exactly that and didn't get it done. He decided to put his hood up, wear a mask (which is hilarious considering his politics) and jump Covington from behind.

It's also funny because in the build up to his fight with Askren, Masvidal said:

“I just want to f— him up. I don’t think anything of him,” Masvidal said. “I’m going to make sure his bloodline doesn’t reproduce or nothing after July 6. Extinction of the Aksren blood by the Masvidal blood.”

It was documented that mentioning family upset Askren, and Masvidal's approach was basically that Askren could try to do something about it.

In short, I hope Masvidal goes to jail and Covington never gets his expensive watch fixed. Fuck them both. 

Edited by David

• Paid Members

The best bit about Masvidal’s shit patter going into the Askren fight was the “I want to end his bloodline” stuff, and Askren responded with something like “that’s funny but I’ve got kids already”. Masvidal’s always been a weapon.

6 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

i think this may be the forums worst nightmare:

FB_IMG_1648202066012.thumb.jpg.ec4d881c70738c854330ba2636d19ab7.jpg

Not McMasvidal! 

628191E2-898B-42E8-BE78-E40AFBC4439E.gif

• Moderators
8 hours ago, David said:

It seems Covington is going ahead with pressing charges on this

I don't know about Florida, but sometimes its not down the the individual but the state will pursue it as a criminal matter, so may not matter what Covington wants to do.