UFC 272: Covington vs Masvidal - Mar 5 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Paul Felder is tweeting that he is up for it. I think he is half joking though.

I think Islam vs RDA at 170 lbs is perfect. I don't think RDA will accept it though.

UFC don't tend to rush into finding replacements when anything but the main event drops out, usually they will just bump up a card from the prelims to replace.

• Paid Members

Looks like Moicano is pretty much a lock now.

Not bad but a massive comedown from the Fiziev fight and then the potential Makhachev substitute.

Wonder what happened with Makhachev. He was the one who initially mentioned stepping in, RDA said yes. They both seemed up for it. Yet now it’s Moicano. Never let anyone question the bollocks on RDA again either. The mad sod was up for taking on Makhachev as a late replacement, at 170lbs, after training for the complete opposite in Fiziev who’s a pure striker. 

• Paid Members

To be honest, much as I like RDA, and I think you're right in that he has a set of spuds on him, I think there's also an element of desperation in there now - he's getting on, and his record in recent years has been patchy, so he's probably thinking that he can't afford for any more fights to be cancelled if he's to rebuild to anywhere near title contention, or, at the very least, earn enough fight money before he retires. Also, since losing the LW belt, he's gone 5-6 - maybe he just doesn't want risk being cut, so is taking any fight he can to show Dana he's on board.

• Paid Members

Lovely. We won't have to get Anik reading Joe's texts now, we'll get to hear all the medical advice direct from the man himself. I can't wait to hear about the injury that Colby Covington is definitely having, whilst he appears fresh as a daisy to the rest of us mere mortals. Can't wait. 

Been enjoying the hype videos for the main event as its just a huge, stupid, over the top high-school level beef between two absolute wallies.

I cant see the fight delivering, unfortunately. It's difficult to imagine anything else but Colby just overwhelming Masvidal with volume and pressure. 

Its a strange one though because I dont think a win from Covington is enough to get him back for a 3rd crack at Usman but I also cant really imagine him fighting the likes of Burns, Belal, Luque etc. If he wins I would try and go with Covington v Edwards as an eliminator. As much as Edwards has 'earned' a title shot with his streak, the inactivity, no contest and almost getting stopped by Diaz has fucked it for him a bit.

• Paid Members

Depends how soon Usman wants back in there for me. If he’s planning on fighting in the next few months, it’s surely Usman vs Edwards just because who has a better argument right now? Luque and Muhammad are fighting each other, Khamzat and Burns are supposed to be fighting each other etc. I know it’s all pinch of salt stuff when it comes to what Dana says but he did say recently that Usman vs Edwards was next as well. But knowing Edwards, something will cock it up. I’m convinced someone’s got a Leon Edwards voodoo doll somewhere, bloke’s cursed.