UFC Vegas: Walker vs Hill - Feb 19 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hoooooooollllllyyyyyy shit!!!!!

I said I thought hill was going to win, but I don't think anyone anticipated it going like that. That knockout was a highlight reel knockout if ever I've seen one. It was slightly weird because he connected with the punch and it took a second for walker to take it in but he was out when he fell towards the cage.

Like you get every single fucking week there are people on Facebook saying....walker definitely took a dive there, no one can convince me any other way...... do these people not understand how fucking cut throat the ufc is? Why would any self respecting fighter who is on his way up the top 10 rankings take a dive in a fight so important.

Apart from the main event this card was very hit and miss. Some great fights sprinkled in but not a must see card by Any stretch 

On 2/20/2022 at 2:57 AM, Kfogg1991 said:

Like you get every single fucking week there are people on Facebook saying....walker definitely took a dive there, no one can convince me any other way...... do these people not understand how fucking cut throat the ufc is? Why would any self respecting fighter who is on his way up the top 10 rankings take a dive in a fight so important.

Because throwing one fight for a betting syndicate can be more lucrative than 3 fights worth of shitty UFC purses. And as we’ve seen, rankings mean fuck all in UFC. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, Walker even gets knocked out weird.

DF53C484-CAF4-4E41-B1E6-E562BE841A14.gif

Looked like a glancing blow started it but them shots around either the top of the head or the ear always balls up the balance and have guys wobbling about. The follow up on the ground was anything but glancing though.

Hill’s looking good and this should earn him another biggish high profile fight next time. Another Fight Night headliner or PPV main card slot you’d imagine. Wouldn’t mind seeing him against Anthony Smith. As for Walker, it’s a shame. Always enjoy watching him and he seems like such a nice bloke but it’s just not happening for him. His UFC run was going wonky anyway but the pairing with John Kavanagh especially just seems like it’s not a compatible fit for him. This made me chuckle;

Like every time Walker loses, I saw Twitter was full of ‘LOL remember when everyone said this guy was gonna beat Jon Jones?’ But it’s bollocks. I’m sure there were a few predicting that but it wasn’t a common opinion. From what I mostly saw people just liked Walker and were excited about him as a fresh contender for Jones. Apparently people liking a fighter means you think they’re gonna be the champ and pound-for-pound king or something these days.

Wasn’t really much to the rest of the card. Enjoyed seeing Kyle Daukaus get a quick win. Been a bit of a fan since his barnburner with Brendan Allen a while back. Nice to see Chas Skelly finally get to fight again as well, and get the finish. Sounds like he’s retiring now so at least he got to go out on a positive note.

Highlight of the undercard for me though…

CB47A982-04D6-4B75-9887-9244D124330C.gif

Jim Miller does it again. Goes through pretty much his entire UFC career either going to blood and guts decisions or scoring submissions. Never a KO guy. Now 13 years into his UFC stint he stops 2 consecutive opponents with strikes. Love the bastard. I really hope he can somehow reach his goal of fighting at UFC 300. We’re probably looking at about 2024 for that one so 2 more years isn’t that far fetched. I saw something about him wanting the winner of the upcoming Cerrone vs Lauzon fight. It’d be a rematch either way and he’s already 2-0 over Lauzon but I’m up for either fight. No interest in seeing Miller fed to a Gamrot or Tsarukyan type. 

Another high point of the prelims was David Onama getting his first Octagon win. I think a few of us were impressed with his short notice showing against Mason Jones in his debut. Nice to see him in the win column here and the finish was nasty.

image.gif.eb519ca1bb8a0b6f6499fafbb991557b.gif

So yeah, not the best show but it certainly had its moments. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Kavanagh waving a bottle of Proper 12 in the background as Walker posted to Instagram post fight tells you all you need to know really. Kavanagh had a decent rep 7 or 8 years ago but he's just another in a long line of McGregor Yes men trying not to rock the boat. What a farce. 

Screenshot_20220222-105133_Instagram.thumb.jpg.2938276415a84ca9e402180c79b9d268.jpg