AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

MJF, Stokely and Regal at the end of Full Gear.

B0FD5910-BB81-4DAB-88B0-72B533C37CC9.gif.b84d538e8c9de71b769af50f54b8dbed.gif

It's funny, I wondered if the Regal thing is leading to something like this and the obvious Firm-MJF cahoots thing is a red herring for Regal lining up with MJF and turning on Moxley/BCC. I'm not saying it's a good idea, but the thought definitely crossed my mind. 

• Paid Members

The reaction for FTR coming out at the beginning made me feel nice, warm and fuzzy. Top guys indeed. 

More multi man tag matches like this might be a good way to feature more of the roster regularly but in small doses, and also limit how often people are taking losses. It was a hot way to open the show. 

• Paid Members

I've seen quite a few posts speculating about Regal joining MJF and turning on BCC both on here and on Twitter, have I missed something or is it a shot in the dark? I can't see any storyline justification for Regal turning on BCC to go with MJF and would be a turn for turning sake in my opinion. Especially if fucking Stokely is also involved.

• Paid Members

What the hell are they playing at keeping the women's match at Full Gear for the interim title? Does anyone even remember Thunder Rosa as champion at this point? Nonsense. The best thing they can do is switch it for the full title and get it on Hayter.

I'd never seen Saraya before she appeared on AEW and I know very little about her. She looks physically so frail that it's just difficult to watch her. It genuinely makes me uneasy to the point that I don't really even focus on what she's saying or why she's saying it.

• Awards Moderator
45 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Rumours on the UK date(s). In April Dynamite at Wembley Arena and Rampage the next night in Manchester.

Be very convenient if that Wembley one is around Easter. Well, for me anyway, I’ll be down for Star Wars Celebration so if I could combine the two that’d be quite the trip.

On 11/12/2022 at 5:14 PM, Nick James said:

I've seen quite a few posts speculating about Regal joining MJF and turning on BCC both on here and on Twitter, have I missed something or is it a shot in the dark? I can't see any storyline justification for Regal turning on BCC to go with MJF and would be a turn for turning sake in my opinion. Especially if fucking Stokely is also involved.

I guess it's based on their interactions, and possibly also the interactions between Yuta and MJF. It wouldn't be illogical based on what they've done so far if MJF and Yuta were to end up in some kind of partnership, with Danielson and Moxley ejected from the stable that they created. I'd be open-minded to something like that, providing it blasted Stokely away from the main event scene.

• Paid Members

The only problem with MJF taking over BCC and ejecting Mox and Danielson, is its not too far removed from the MJF / Inner Circle stuff with MJF and Jericho. Plus side, it's the most i've looked forward to an AEW main event match in a while and whilst the card isn't spectacular, that main is going to be a cracker for sure. 

The major problem with MJF “taking over” bcc is it’d be majorly shit as why would any of them want to serve him? He has pinnacle to go back to as was only Wardlow he fell out with, since they both have titles now , that makes more sense to make up than taking on Claudio and Yuta, and a Regal that is too frail for Mox to get any revenge on 

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, Louch said:

The major problem with MJF “taking over” bcc is it’d be majorly shit as why would any of them want to serve him? He has pinnacle to go back to as was only Wardlow he fell out with, since they both have titles now , that makes more sense to make up than taking on Claudio and Yuta, and a Regal that is too frail for Mox to get any revenge on 

If you had to pair Regal up with MJF and a group as a result, Regal working with The Pinnacle could actually be an interesting wrinkle there. Regal as a mouthpiece for FTR, Wardlow, even Spears could actually be quite a cool, unexpected way to go. I don't see it happening, but that definitely seems way more logical than MJF somehow becoming part of a now-heel BCC with Regal in some massively convoluted way. 

• Paid Members

The only way MJF pairs with Regal is if the BCC are done as a group - it would be daft to continue using the name "Blackpool Combat Club" for three Americans and a Swiss bloke. It feels like a swerve for swerve's sake, and it would be a shame to lose the sense of a real relationship that Regal can claim with Danielson, Moxley and Claudio. If Regal's involved with the match, I can see him getting knocked out with brass knuckles by MJF just to tidy up that part of the story, as I don't think the intention was ever for Regal/MJF to be anything more than an additional wrinkle to a story that they've had to cobble together in CM Punk's absence.

Yeah seeing nothing that suggests a Regal turn here. Maybe an accidental use or dropping of the knuckle duster that costs mox. Bcc break up should be the end of mox and Danielson going at it, the thing that started it. 

I’ll keep saying it, that pinnacle match up roughly size wise with The Firm is still no accident to me. I still see them in black and unmasking post match after helping MJF win.

8 minutes ago, Louch said:

Yeah seeing nothing that suggests a Regal turn here. Maybe an accidental use or dropping of the knuckle duster that costs mox. Bcc break up should be the end of mox and Danielson going at it, the thing that started it. 

I’ll keep saying it, that pinnacle match up roughly size wise with The Firm is still no accident to me. I still see them in black and unmasking post match after helping MJF win.

Even that latter situation would feel incredibly unnecessary.

I'm one of those that doesn't see MJF & Regal linking up. Regal can get beat down after the match for MJF to double down on being a heel. Whoever wins the World Title Eliminator may well signal how the main event will go. Ricky Starks does the against all odds win having to go through Dynamite-Rampage-Full Gear in the same week. Then you know MJF's walking out as a bad guy.