AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members

I will have zero problem with yet another tournament if it means Starks, Miro and Kingston are in it and finally get some screen time again. Absolutely criminal none of those lads are being heavily featured this close to the pay per view.

Also, Eddie Kingston should win the tournament. He’s the perfect first challenger for MJF. Imagine the promos!

Bonus thought; isn’t it well known that Tony Khan grew up on ECW? Like Al Snow with all the heads, he should give every single person in view of the hard cam a scissor foam finger going forward.

Edited by Supremo

56 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Obviously I’d want Eddie to win the whole thing, but Page being his first round opponent is a problem. Starks is definitely getting to the final on the other side, but Eddie vs MJF and Eddie vs Moxley both appeal more than any other options.

I’d be happy with either option, but if Eddie does win, and for up against MJF, I hope it’s the beginning of a long term story, he can lose that first match, but Eddie Kingston going up against MJF, as he threatens to leave AEW for WWE, could be a bloody brilliant storyline. Kingston winning the belt in those circumstances would be quite the moment.

On 11/4/2022 at 5:09 AM, JNLister said:

Off the top of my head, ones they've had on TV/PPV this year (either title match or champions appeared with the belts and were acknowledged) and still exist are:

1. AEW World
  2. TNT
  3. FTW
  4. AEW All-Atlantic
  5. ROH World
  6. ROH TV
  7. ROH Pure
  8. ROH Womens
  9. IWGP US
  10. AEW Tag
  11. AAA Tag
  12. ROH Tag
  13. IWGP Tag
  14. AEW Trios
  15. ROH Six-Man
  16. AAA Mixed Tag
  17. AEW Womens
  18. AEW Interim Womens
  19. TBS
  20. Regina Di Wave (on Dark Elevation)

Plus, Will Osprey appeared with the RevPro title and Aussie Open had the NJPW Strong tag team titles.

Adam Cole and Britt Baker also had the Owen Cup belts.

It doesn't feel like it's a main event level tournament though with those eight names. 

The eight men, their last Dynamite match and last Dynamite singles victory;

Brian Cage - 2nd November & 22nd April 2021!

Rush - 5th October & 6th July

Bandido - 28th September & no victories on Dynamite (only one match)

Ricky Starks - 28th September & 28th September

Dante Martin - 31st August & 12th January

Eddie Kingston - 20th July & 23rd October 2021! (in this tournament against Archer)

Ethan Page - 29th June & 26th June 2021!

Lance Archer - 22nd June & 19th January

I know most of the main eventers are tied up elsewhere for one reason or another but surely there's got to be better options to fill a World Title tournament than this. 

10 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

It's probably time for it, he needs to get the big win over Lucha and Christian then on to the main event scene so a tad more serious style would come in handy.

His ring work is stellar, but his lack of promo ability may end up being a problem. As far as I can think, all of the best AEW storylines have involved people who are stellar on the mic.

Maybe he’d benefit from working with someone like Jericho or Eddie Kingston, to try develop that side of him further. Working with Christian has definitely led to improvements in that area, but time will tell if he has it in him to get better than his current level.