AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

1 minute ago, Louch said:

I do wonder with a few signings, like Miro, Danielson what the expectation was Coming in, and just what their contracts are. Both seem to be relaying happy doing very little. I always look at aew roster like a sports team, given Khans background, and both seem very much like veteran 3rd choice keepers just happy to get a wage and play in decent conditions than slumming it in the lower leagues 

And even then they're both motivated in different ways. Danielson just wants to wrestle different people while he can. I'm not sure Miro has that same desire.

10 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

And even then they're both motivated in different ways. Danielson just wants to wrestle different people while he can. I'm not sure Miro has that same desire.

Danielson just wants to enjoy wrestling and none of the other stuff so he had family time. Probably no desire for a champions schedule with media etc. Miro wants time to go explore other interests and show up when needed. Both being part time probably brings their contracted amounts to lower as well, and keeps them happy. Makes a good change from the 400 days/30 hours a day demands we always hear wrestlers complain about being that or nothing 

1 hour ago, JimmyAnderson said:

I'm amazed the fact they've got yet another tournament going on has been overlooked. 

Probably because it has barely been mentioned except on commentary and maybe a graphic. All I know about the World Title Eliminator this year is that Ethan Page and Dante Martin is in it. It has yet to be a ridiculously hyped event like the last couple. If it's an 8 entrant field with the Finat at Full Gear it'll be wrapped pretty quickly.

Trying not to get my hopes up for a Ethan Page v. Ricky Starks final since some of the bigger names are busy.

7 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Were you not a fan of the Acclaimed segment? Even on a stronger episode, that would have stolen the show for me. 

It wasn't as good as National Scissoring Day. On of the underrated bits about that was seeing the growth of Anthony and Max as people on that segment with Max talking about living up to his dad's achievements. 

Last night was about giving Daddy Ass presents and the obligatory line about the DX reunion. Also I was hoping Chuck Palombo would turn up to scissor Billy. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, JimmyAnderson said:

I'm amazed the fact they've got yet another tournament going on has been overlooked. 

The Full Gear World Title Eliminator is an annual thing to be fair. Not saying they haven't had too many tournaments but I think this one is ok. Helps set up Winter Is Coming.

22 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I find it more annoying that Winter Is Coming is a annual thing. Seems daft having an event referencing a show thats finished.

GoT universe still a thing though. Next season of House of the Dragon will have Starks in it once more. Not lost total relevance quite yet. Like having Beach Break in Cleveland.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Loki said:

How many titles are there now on the show?  25 or something?  Way too many,  ROH needs to be Rampage only, or better Dark only.

Off the top of my head, ones they've had on TV/PPV this year (either title match or champions appeared with the belts and were acknowledged) and still exist are:

1. AEW World
  2. TNT
  3. FTW
  4. AEW All-Atlantic
  5. ROH World
  6. ROH TV
  7. ROH Pure
  8. ROH Womens
  9. IWGP US
  10. AEW Tag
  11. AAA Tag
  12. ROH Tag
  13. IWGP Tag
  14. AEW Trios
  15. ROH Six-Man
  16. AAA Mixed Tag
  17. AEW Womens
  18. AEW Interim Womens
  19. TBS
  20. Regina Di Wave (on Dark Elevation)

19 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Off the top of my head, ones they've had on TV/PPV this year (either title match or champions appeared with the belts and were acknowledged) and still exist are:

1. AEW World
  2. TNT
  3. FTW
  4. AEW All-Atlantic
  5. ROH World
  6. ROH TV
  7. ROH Pure
  8. ROH Womens
  9. IWGP US
  10. AEW Tag
  11. AAA Tag
  12. ROH Tag
  13. IWGP Tag
  14. AEW Trios
  15. ROH Six-Man
  16. AAA Mixed Tag
  17. AEW Womens
  18. AEW Interim Womens
  19. TBS
  20. Regina Di Wave (on Dark Elevation)

If you're including the Interim Women's World Title, you'd have to include the TNT and Men's World Titles.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

If you're including the Interim Women's World Title, you'd have to include the TNT and Men's World Titles.

I didn't count them because they've officially been resolved/unified and thus no longer exist. 

3 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

The Full Gear World Title Eliminator is an annual thing to be fair. Not saying they haven't had too many tournaments but I think this one is ok. Helps set up Winter Is Coming.

Aye you're right, forgot it was an annual thing. There's been that many tournaments I forget which ones are annual and which ones are just thrown together because they've got nothing else to do.

4 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

Probably because it has barely been mentioned except on commentary and maybe a graphic. All I know about the World Title Eliminator this year is that Ethan Page and Dante Martin is in it. It has yet to be a ridiculously hyped event like the last couple. If it's an 8 entrant field with the Finat at Full Gear it'll be wrapped pretty quickly.

Trying not to get my hopes up for a Ethan Page v. Ricky Starks final since some of the bigger names are busy.

You'd hope they'd have had the matches set in stone by now rather than just throwing up an empty graphic when they did mention it on Dynamite.

It maybe a chance for them to bring Hangman and Omega back and have them face off in the final for their third consecutive Full Gear match. 

I could also see W. Morrissey winning it, especially if MJF is taking the title. Having MJF have a big bastard heel to start his title reign off against, a bit like Hangman did with Archer. It ties into their history together as well. Or maybe Yuta winning it to continue his long-term feud with MJF and possibly add a bit more friction to the BCC. A heel tag team of Danielson & Moxley v Yuta and Castagnoli could be fun, especially with Regal in the middle - though I am expecting Regal to turn on Mox at Full Gear and help MJF win the title with brass knucks somewhere being involved.