The Tony Khan Is A Twat Thread

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Far worse than hugging his new bff's was him weaseling out of answering if he'll help people in the company regarding abortions if needed or any kind of support for reproduction rights. Many other companies came out right away in support of their workers.

That's more like it. His actual response was “Hasn’t come up, I don’t know. Honestly, since last Friday, we’ve been working on Forbidden Door almost non-stop … that situation’s never come up, so I can’t say.” , which is a bit of a cop out answer. I guess they are a smaller company then the likes of Netflix and Disney who came out straight away to say they would (but lets not forget Disney's support of pro life organisations revealed recently). And I sure with all the issues surrounding injuries and working with NJPW he was busy. But he should, or the company, should have just come out with a statement. I am sure one of the higher ups could have put together a press statement about it and if they do not support it i'd rather they be open about it then say it hasn't come up yet.

He doesn't even have the argument that there's been no time to discuss it, we knew this was coming for a while and it's something you should be putting into place beforehand.

AEW were quick to fly the Pride flag when they could monetize it with merch, less so when it comes to other rights.

Edited by Merzbow

5 hours ago, Tommy! said:

But harsh lads, I mean Jameson was a social inept man child money mark who was using his parents money to meet all his favourite wrestlers and hung around with useless lumps the bushwhackers.

Jameson's didn't have any parents, or at least neither wanted him, did nobody bother listening to Heenan?! 

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

What’s the name of this thread?

Can you stop making this point every page? Having separate threads for positive and negative opinions about Tony Khan is stupid and completely detrimental to discussion. This is the "Tony Khan as a personality and person" thread, as is distinct from more general or other specific AEW topics. Get used to it.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

He doesn't even have the argument that there's been no time to discuss it, we knew this was coming for a while and it's something you should be putting into place beforehand.

AEW were quick to fly the Pride flag when they could monetize it with merch, less so when it comes to other rights.

the shine of the progressive company that hired openly LGBTQ+ wrestlers and had the first transgender woman's wrestler quickly disappeared didn't it. I think I know why, but that doesn't make it less disappointing. Sonny Kiss was a hard sell when on Dynamite and America is still a country behind a lot of the western world with LGBTQ+ representation and I feel Tony Khan pandered to networks and audience pressure on basically condemning them to YouTube. Especially during Pride month he can't even book Sonny on Dynamite, but is happy for them to be front and centre of their pride campaign. The problem is, without making a stand things will never progress so I think its a shame that AEW has not evolved as much as it looked like it would in that regard.

48 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Can you stop making this point every page

I only have to because crybabies don’t like anyone who isn’t blowing coke up their nerd kings arse going all Chris Crocker in a thread which is pretty self evident to be a light hearted, piss taking ribbing of a spoilt rich kid wrestling nerd  

48 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

This is the "Tony Khan as a personality and person" thread

The title seems to say otherwise, bucko. But thanks for opening the “Tony is ace” thread to “No he’s not” posts without objection!

EDIT- YOU LOCKED IT!!! The March to UKFF Nazi Germany continues. History will absolve me, Rockwell. You won’t be so lucky. 

Edited by Keith Houchen
Cancel culture

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

“Hasn’t come up, I don’t know. Honestly, since last Friday, we’ve been working on Forbidden Door almost non-stop … that situation’s never come up, so I can’t say.” , 

That comes back to that social ineptness discussed earlier or elsewhere. He's been too fast to go for "hasnt come up/havent thought about it yet" which is honest, rather than pause and think about what the right answer actually is. Which when he thinks about it, he'll give, unless he's a right wing pro-life Bible-thumper or other breed of bastard.

• Paid Members

He'd be daft to blurt out a genuine answer in the moment - I've no idea what the corporate structure of AEW is, but I doubt that's the kind of thing he can just promise on the spot without getting that written into contracts and whatnot. I'm not saying his answer was a good one, but he can say that it's a complex issue that's not for him to unilaterally decide there and then, or whatever.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

The fella just locked Cesaro into a big money contract so forgive him if he can’t afford to just be splurging on abortions all willy nilly.

Tbf the Cesaro deal was done months ago. The original plan was for him to debut at the ROH PPV, but Bryan’s injury changed the plan

• Paid Members

Whether or not he's weird with hugs, it's still interesting to me that a wrestling company being good seems to be a legitimate reason to defend Tony Khan for many people on this forum. If WWE started being good again, I expect similar reverence to be shown to Vincent K. McMahon.

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

He'd be daft to blurt out a genuine answer in the moment - I've no idea what the corporate structure of AEW is, but I doubt that's the kind of thing he can just promise on the spot without getting that written into contracts and whatnot. I'm not saying his answer was a good one, but he can say that it's a complex issue that's not for him to unilaterally decide there and then, or whatever.

The complex issue should have been decided a while back, like I'm sure the many other companies did before they spoke out these past couple of days. the fact it hasn't been is more of an issue than him being inept at talking like a real human.

Edited by Merzbow

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

I only have to because crybabies don’t like anyone who isn’t blowing coke up their nerd kings arse going all Chris Crocker in a thread which is pretty self evident to be a light hearted, piss taking ribbing of a spoilt rich kid wrestling nerd  

The last time I saw someone be this obsessed with another human being Ronald Reagan ended up being shot 

Edited by Tsurutagun