Straight line mission across Wales is back

SuperBacon

On 12/11/2022 at 9:09 PM, neil said:

Fucking hell, Geowizard and Welsh Greg are back and trying to cover the entire east coast of the USA. In the first episode alone I was cringing and couldn't believe what they are trying to do. Absolute madness and some incredibly dumb shit in this.

Maybe it's the return of Welsh Greg, and the fact it's just not him talking to himself, but the first two episodes are a return to top form. 

Absolutely fuck taking a tiny boat out into the Atlantic Ocean (albeit not right out in the open), the plebs. What were they thinking?

2 hours ago, neil said:

Welsh Greg definitely saves this one. I do find Tom's cunt attitude coming out in this one already - the shock and distain he has that some people aren't willing to help them out at a moments notice is pretty galling.

I'll be honest I don't want to get into the semantics of the word and whether it should or should not be used in the context of Spurs, but I was incredibly shocked to hear him describe those lads in the 2nd episode as the "yid army" 

Genuinely shocked he used that word.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I finally went back and finished the America mission (very good), then the 4th Welsh attempt (also pretty good) and him and his brother walking across Birmingham without using roads, which I really enjoyed as well.

His latest one, he just goes out the house and heads North with a tenner is also worth a background watch. At this point its mostly about the scenery for me, and Tom is in fine form as he makes his way 70 miles from his gaff.

Maybe it's just his actual Geoguessr videos where he comes across as a bit of a twat, as I've quite enjoyed watching the last couple of mission ones.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

His latest one, he just goes out the house and heads North with a tenner is also worth a background watch. At this point its mostly about the scenery for me, and Tom is in fine form as he makes his way 70 miles from his gaff.

Maybe it's just his actual Geoguessr videos where he comes across as a bit of a twat, as I've quite enjoyed watching the last couple of mission ones.

Yeah he comes across as a nice bloke in his walking vids, but the few times I've watched his Geoguessr content I tend to cringe a little. I don't think he's a right-wing Brexit Tory UKIP toxic TopShop tyrant, but he reminds me of those guys that I get real pally with at weddings and I think "Ah, a new friend! Time to break out the social media and arrange some pints at a later date!" only for him to spoil it all by saying something stupid like "I'm not a racist but...".

I really enjoyed that Birmingham mission too. The part near the end where he pops up in a park after crawling out the HS2 site is actually right opposite my nan's house, and it hit me a bit because she passed away last year and it was just kinda nice to see the view from her living room window suddenly appear on a YouTube video.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Awards Moderator
19 hours ago, King Coconut said:

Strange that you should say that because I tapped out of his last 3 missions early but I love his geoguessr stuff. Maybe I'm the twat.

father-ted-question.gif

I'm Team Coconuts too. I find his hikes really boring but quite impressed at his 'this is clearly a cliff track in Belize' stuff. Maybe I've been lucky enough to not bump into his politics. 

• Moderators
On 12/28/2023 at 6:32 AM, SuperBacon said:

Yeah that walkabout video was quite mild and pleasant viewing. I find his twat side seems to come out in these missions mostly in him being snide, like he rocks up with no plan for things and asks people to help him out in quite unreasonable ways, and even if they do makes a shitty comment after saying goodbye.

• 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, neil said:

Won't spoil it and I refuse to use spoiler tags, but the latest straight line mission ends with a proper good laugh.

I enjoyed it a lot. Watched it from both perspectives too, which was very cool.